Chapter 2- The Luncheon

You and Me : The life of an Executive

He arrived just a little earlier than the designated time. He didn't know anybody there. This was supposed to be the luncheon where everything about the movie is explained to the potential investors. And today, he was one of them. 

He looked around the room, and everyone seemed to know each other. He didn't feel like socialising, so he stood in one corner, with his glass of champagne, observing everyone. One particular couple caught his attention. The guy was smiling, calm and collected, while the lady was, in his opinion, loud and annoying. He wished he had a remote in his hand that control the lady, so she wasn't speaking so loud. Or better still, a mute button. But, they seemed close though.

There's also a pair of women who were sitting in the corner, sitting elegantly and glamorously. They tried so hard to fit in, but it's too obvious that they don't belong here, the way they dress was too extravagant. Won thought to himself. The younger looking woman was wearing a pretty revealing one piece and Won had the 'urge'. He shook his head. No. Not proper. He looked at his watch to distract himself and it was 1030 on the dot. 

He really couldn't respect someone who was late. Where is this Kim Soo Jin? He looked around, but the only person that he could see from Jung In Films was a lady with long wavy hair, standing by the door,wearing faded blue jeans, a striped black and white t-shirt, white long jacket and a pair of pink sneakers. She had on her Jung In Films staff ID, that had a little daisy hairpin clipped to it. She was standing by the door, smiling at guests who were coming in and she must have welcomed him as wel,  but he didn't notice. 

He walked up to her to ask about when they would start the presentation. He caught her attention when as he was walking towards her, and she smiled at him. "She's pretty, if only she pulled her hair back." He thought to himself, but shook the though away. He has to be professional. No time for that. 

"Excuse me, but when do we start?" He asked, as soon as he was standing in front of her. 

The lady smiled at him patiently and said in a polite tone. "Please be patient sir, we'll begin momentarily. " She bowed subtly as she said this.

"How can the President be late to present their most important project?" Won said to the lady. Won felt like complaining, but that's not how you should appear when doing business, so he stopped.  

"She is not late sir. She merely has business she has to attend to. I hope you'll understand." The lady said with a smile. 

"Yeah, alright." He said, walking away, feeling a bit annoyed. He felt a little bad, he can't deny it. The lady had been so polite and he had been so cold and arrogant. But this was business.  No time to think about that. His focus was on the movie, the task and Kim Soo Jin, the person he was going to have to work with to make everything a success. 

It was already fifteen minutes past and he looked around. No sign that it was going to start yet, and it was already fifteen minutes past. But the other guests didn't seem to mind. He look towards the door but the lady was gone. He decided to stay a little longer before leaving. While waiting, he kept on looking at his watch. 

About ten minutes later, he couldn't take it anymore and was about to walk out the room when he almost rammed straight into another Jung In Film employee, sending the documents she was holding flying everywhere. She kept bowing at him, saying how sorry she was, while picking up the papers. Man, was people from this company always this polite? 

 

"We're about to start, so please.." the employee said, gesturing for Won to go back in. "Where is your President?" Won demanded. 

Eun Hye smiled sweetly. "Sir, I said we're about to start, so of course she is on her way." Eun Hye then gestured for him to join the rest of the potential investors, before brushing past him. He clicked his tongue, annoyed, but walked back in. 

In the meantime, Eun Hye was already at the platform set up in front of the room. She stood on her tiptoes to reach the microphone set up. She cleared and everyone turned to look at her. For a second, Won thought that she was Kim Soo Jin. But then he remembered what his father had said. Kim Soo Jin is his age while this girl looked younger and his father said that she was a bit like him, when this girl was nothing like him.

After getting everyone's attention,  Eun Hye smiled at the guests, the way her Soo Jin unnie taught her to. "So, thank you for being patient. Now we are finally going to begin." She clapped her hands together and gestures gestured for someone next her to get up on the platform. 

"President of Jung In Film, Kim Soo Jin." Eun Hye introduced her unnie. Won clapped just like everyone else, even if he did feel like the girl wasn't being professional and that was unacceptable.  

From the back, he strained to see this Kim Soo Jin.  When he was finally able to see, he thought his heart was about to fall out of his chest and his eyes were about to pop. He couldn't believe it. There, standing on the platform, was the girl. 

The one he had talked to earlier. "That's the... " He trailed off, before chuckling when he realised what had just happened. He had made the first mistake, because at the very front of the room, standing behind the microphone was thr girl who had been welcoming all the guests earlier.

Only now, was wearing white pants and white blouse, with a bright orange blazer, its sleeves rolled up to her elbow, white stilettos, with gold studs placed fashionably, and minimal accessories of a long gold necklace with a gold feather pendant, a chunky gold bracelet and simple diamond earring.  And her hair, unlike the let down natural look earlier, was pulled back in a bun

He smiled to himself as he realised his mistake. But he was right about one thing though, she did look prettier with her hair pulled back. 

She stood confidently and looked around at the guests and it may just be his imagination, but she looked at him a little longer than everybody else. She took a deep breath and said, "Hello everyone, I'm Kim Soo Jin, President of Jung In Films." 

 

 

Ellie: Done. Hope you enjoy :) This was pretty fun to write and this will be the last chapter where are two main won't know each other. I know they already met, but the next chapter is their real first meeting, I think. Chapter 3 next week :) 

 P.S.- More Kim Won and Kim Soo Jin interaction next chapter