Yesterday, Tomorrow, Tonight

Another Then Another (Drabbles)

Where Yesterday is the past, Tonight is the present, Tomorrow is our future

 

 

Yesterday, I saw you in a pretty white dress.

 

Black hair perfectly lies on the right side of your shoulder while the bangs are brushed to the right.

 

Beautiful.

 

You still looked beautiful even after all these years. I couldn’t help but fall for you more.

I knew I love you because the thought that I can’t have you makes me mourn in grief.

 

You, who is perfect, lovely, and so adorable.

 

I can’t take my eyes off you and I know you know that too.

 

But we still can’t have a chance. You still can’t give me a chance.

 

 

And that’s what made me numb.

 

 

 

Tomorrow you wear a white gown

 

And I scream at the thought of finally losing every hope and dreams I tried to hang onto for dear life.

 

I cursed fate. I cursed love.

 

I cursed you even if I never wanted to.

 

You, who’s happily clinging onto your fiancé’s arm as he guided you to the altar.

I cursed myself.

 

For not forcing myself to be set free from you even if it’s clear that you and I will never happen.

For not wanting to be happy.

 

I cursed Love, therefore I am also cursing you. Because for me, you are love. The reason why I’m this intoxicated, so drunk. So mad.

 

I can’t bear to see you kiss him and gaze at him with loving eyes.

I can’t bear to see you look at me with guilt.

 

 

 

Tonight, I drown in the white sheets.

 

Your scent fills my lungs as I snuggled closer to the warm covers of the bed.

Your eyes, voice, smile, and touch makes it hard for me to breathe.

I can’t stop feeling in love even if I beg myself to finally end it because whenever it happens…

Fate seems to want to play with me as it always gives me a reason to fall harder every single day.

 

I loathed fate. I hate myself.

 

I love you though, I can’t let you get hurt.

 

Your arms went around my waist, snugging closer.

 

“I’m sorry,” You croaked out with your husky voice that sounded a bit raspy. I don’t know if it’s because of our earlier activities or if it’s because of your tears.

 

I felt dampness on my back and then suppressed sob echoed in the silent room. You were crying and it made my head hurt.

 

The clenching of my heart worsened.

 

“Hey, don’t cry…” I cooed, turning around to face and hug you properly.

 

But you pushed me back, hair covering your face as tears endlessly pours.

 

“I-I’m so… so sorry.”

I reached out and brushed away the strands of black locks covering the eyes I adore so much.

“I know. It’s okay,” I smiled as my heart clenched. Another lie escapes my mouth. “I’ll be fine.”

 

You’ll be fine. The only truth I can think about.