Three.

Guardian

Sohee's mouth dropped after hearing the words slip out of Jongin's mouth. She could feel her cheeks going red and her heart beat speeding up. "W-what?"

This time, Jongin's cheeks were glowing red. "I didn't say anything." She raised an eyebrow at him but quickly let the comment slide; she didn't want  to deal with his games at the moment. "Alright, now if you're finished talking I would like to go and grab myself something to eat." She started to walk forward, only making herself bump into Jongin.

"Not so fast."

"Do you need my assistance?"

"I'm surprised you stood up to Jongwoo today."

Sohee was shocked, "How did you hear about it?" Jongin scoffed at her question, "Word spreads around pretty quick hear, especially when it comes to Jongwoo." Sohee shrugged, "It wasn't anything big. Now can you please move out of my way, I'm starv--"

"Did he hurt you?"

She looked up at him, staring into his eyes. They looked soft and caring, but somehow mad. Sohee could feel the butterflies in her stomach were eating her feelings up. She felt a sudden sort of attraction towards Jongin, she felt the rope pulling her towards him again. It wasn't a rope that was pulling her body towards it, well maybe that, but it was more of a rope that was pulling her soul to him. It's like her body was craving for his touch. 

Sohee felt cramped, not to mention that she had a small case of being claustrophobic. "I really need to get going Jon--"

He put his hands on her shoulder and pushed her against the wall, "I asked if he hurt you?"

"Why does it matter to you Jongin?" She put her hands on his wrists, trying to take his grip off her shoulder. When she did, his grip got tighter, and she could feel his nails starting to claw into her skin. Jongin's eyes flashed from his regular shade of dark brown, to red. She clearly had less physical strength compared to him, and she didn't want to use her powers against him.

"Goddamit Jongin it's not him who hurt me it's you!" She shouted in rage, her hands burning in heat. Jongin immediately took his hands off her shoulders and stared at her. "You...yoU JUST BURNED ME! WHAT THE ?"

Sohee touched touched the blood that was drooping down her back and flashed her fingers in front of his face, "I'm sorry but you gave me no other option." She saw the anger in his red eyes dissapear and all of the sudden, they softened.

Despite her being a little irritated from the way he act, she couldn't stop herself from thinking how good Jongin looked with his red eyes.

"Sohee, I'm sorry," he started to say as he quickly walked back to her. She put her hands up, "I have self healing." She looked at him, "I can take care of myself. You're the one that I should be worrying about, alright? Now if you would excuse me, I think I'm going to be dead if I don't grab something to eat." Just as Sohee walked past Jongin, she heard the bell ring.

"I guess you're going to have to wait until dinner to eat then," Jongin replied to her with a smirk and he patted her shoulder. "Try to stay alive."



"Yuhwan," Sohee called out as she saw the older male at the end of the hallway. He looked up when she called him, smiled and made his way towards her. "Hey Sohee, how was school today?"

"Horrible."

"How so?"

"I already caught attention."

"Ouch," He replied to her. "Anyways, I did some researching about you know what while you were gone, and I found a couple of things. I think it's best if we talk to the other Guardian, Jongkook."

She nodded, "Have you told him?"

"Yeah, he also found it peculiar..." Sohee put her hands over Yuhwan's mouth. There were footsteps approaching the both of them and Sohee knew who it was, Jongin.

"Jongin is coming our way," She told him as she removed her hands from his mouth. "Sorry."

"How do you know that?" "What? Jongin?" Yuhwan nodded. "Can't you sense it too? I mean I j--"

"Meet Jongkook at I at the rooftop of the castle once it's your curfew." Yuhwan quickly walked past her, and then Jongin entered the hallway. "Just the person I was looking for."

"Do you need my assistance Jongin?"

"Sohee! How many times have I told you not to call me Jongin? I told you to call me Kai!" He shouted at her. Sohee blinked a few times before answering, "I cannot disobey your fathers rules." Jongin shook his head, "Sohee, just call me Kai."

"That's right Sohee," The queen spoke up making her flinch. Sohee turned around to see the queen who was appearing from the hall, who was making her way to the both of them.

What is she doing here?

"I think that the best way for Sohee to start protecting our son is by making him feel comfortable," The queen started to say. "When I say make him feel comfortable I don't mean that the both of you become friends. Our son is still prince and future king, so you must treat him that way."

Sohee was starting to get annoyed by the way the people from the Kim's family was acting towards her, even though it was only her second day. Yes, she may be a noob at being a Guardian, but that doesn't mean they know anything more than she does. I'm sorry, but I don't need you to tell me how to protect Jongin, she wanted to say but Sohee kept shut.

She looked over at Jongin who looked uncomfortable after what his mother said, "You're embarrassing me." His mother looked at him, "Jongin," she sad as she walked over to him and placed her arms around you, "Rules are made to be followed."

What a ing hypocrite.



Jongin waited at the dinner table for Sohee to appear. The other two Guardians were already at the dinner table enjoying there dinner, so where is Sohee? He looked around to see if she was coming, but she was no where in his sight.

Didn't she say that she was hungry? Is she actually dead??

"Jongin, honey," His mother called out. "You haven't touched your dinner. Is something wrong?" He shook his head no, before grabbing some kimchi and taking a bite.

"Do you not like the food?"

He shook his head again, "It tastes fine, I'm good Mom." Ever since Sohee and him met, Jongin couldn't help himself but to notice how weird his mother was acting towards her. Sure, sometimes she may be rude to the other servants, but the way she acted towards Sohee was different. It's as if she loathed Sohee yet she liked her at the same time. 

When he came home from school, overheard his mother gushing to the other servants about how beautiful Sohee is. Jongin couldn't deny it, Sohee was breath-taking.

"Would you like something else to eat?"

He shook his head for the third time before taking a big bite of rice.

"Jongin you don--"

Jongin got up from his seat, picking up his bowl. "May I please be excused to eat my dinner somewhere else?" 

When Jongin entered one of the kitchens, to his surprise he was Sohee, eating her dinner. He walked over to the counter top, placing his food in front of her. Sohee stopped eating and looked up to him, she had some sauce on the side of .

God, she's so cute.

"Are you okay Jongin?" She asked as he passed her a napkin. Jongin mentioned the sauce at the side of , and Sohee quickly wiped it (turning red at the process).

"Why didn't you eat dinner at the table?"

"I didn't feel like it," She replied as she took another bite from her rice. Jongin felt bad from the amount of food that Sohee had with her, it couldn't even feed a baby wolf. He got up and left the kitchen, only returning with more food.

"Eat up." He said, as he placed the food in front of her. She shook her head no before pushing to food back to him, "You're the one who needs the food more than I do. What I have is enough, thank you."

Jongin didn't stop, "If you're going to protect me, then you must be strong am I right?" He paused for a moment, letting his food digest. "I've done some research about Guardians before you came and from several books that I've read, I can only recall one particular thing that each book had in common."

Sohee was about to choke from her food, she never heard Jongin sound so...smart.

"What was the common thing?"

"It says that all Guardians were born with a special ability or some sort of power. It says that some are born with the power to fight and others' were born with unique powers." Jongin saw Sohee was now picking on her food. "What were you born with?"

Just then, Yuhwan walked into their conversation, "That's for Sohee to know." Yuhwan walked over to Sohee and nodded at her, "Don't forget."

Jongin got up from his seat, "Who are you to answer that question? The question wasn't directed for you, it was for Sohee." Sohee got up from her seat too, looking at Jongin dead in the eye. He saw her eyes flash into a metallic blue colour that he's never seen it before. As soon as the coluor came, it was gone.

"Jongin, don't you dare speak to your elders like that." She picked up her remaining, "Yuhwan is right, it's for me to know. Now if you will excuse us, we have some where to go. Goodnight Jongin."

When he saw Sohee walk out of the kitchen, the only thing he could think of was how prepossessing she looked.


OH MY GOD

I think this chapter was all over the place?? Like there were too many things going on at once?? Oh , I'll try to slow down things for the next chapter!! 

Thank you for everyone who subbed! :-))))

-SK