One.

Guardian

Sohee was sitting on a couch in a living room, with her hands on her lap. She read the paper that was handed to her a few minuets ago and now she was waiting for the Kim's to arrive.

A female servant came running into the living room, "They're coming." Sohee quickly stood up from the couch and patted down her clothes. She felt bad for not wearing something more nicer but she only had 10 minuets to get ready so she ended up in a maroon tight fitting long sleeve shirt and black tights.

First walked in King Kim (because he was the first to walk one, he had a crown on his head and well he looked a little old). Sohee bowed at him at an 90 degree angle and then in came Queen Kim. Sohee was surprised from how youthful and graceful the female look. Her brown hair was nicely done in a bun and her eyes sparkled with kindness.

"You must be Sohee Jung," The King spoke up and Sohee nodded. "Jongin's Guardian."

"She's too beautiful to be a Guardian," The queen spoke up making Sohee surprised. The last time she ever heard someone call her beautiful was when she last saw her mother, five years ago.

The King nodded in agreement, "Please take good care of our Jongin, he's our only son. He will be the future of our kingdom and I do not want anyone else to be in throne other than him."

"It is my duty to keep him safe and protected no matter what," Sohee replied as she bowed again.  "I will do everything in my will to make sure no harm gets near him."

The King nodded at Sohee's response, "Thank you Sohee. Your help towards Jongin's safety will always be treasured."

Sohee looked at the Queen and saw that her facial expression changed. When Sohee first saw her she looked happy, but now she looked guilty? Sad? Uncomfortable? "Yes Sohee, Jongin means a lot to the both of us, so make sure that he's safe no matter what." She held Sohee's gaze for a while and she mumbled something to her. Sohee was almost unable to catch it but she was positive that she said, "I'm sorry."

Sorry for what? That my life is on the line for your son? Don't be, I can take care of myself and protect Kai.

The King finally spoke up and then quickly told Sohee something, "You are to call him Prince Jongin at all times, do you understand?"

"I understand."

"I should probably tell you some house rules before I call out the Prince," He paused for a second thinking of what he should say next. "One- no touching Jongin. Since you are not his mate, friend or family, your body parts should stay to yourself. The only time you would ever need to make physical contact with him is if he's in danger, but you'll keep him away from it. Second, you will be in your room when you are not needed by him. That means that there will be a curfew time for you and you are to stay away from him. Ne--"

His wife put a hand on his shoulder, "You're sounding a bit to rough dear." He looked over at his wife, placing a hand on top of hers, "I'm just waiting for him to find his mate and then the rules will be lighter." She nodded and the King turned back to Sohee.

"Where was I? Oh..yes! Next, the both of you are not friends. When Jongin is out and with his friends, you will be following him- but you will act as an shadow. That means no interfering into his conversations or games, unless help is needed. The last rule is very important Sohee, so listen up."

She nodded.

"I'm pretty sure you know about us Werewolves right? How we have a mate? Well, our dear Jongin is at his adult age so we expect him to find his mate soon. Therefore, do not develop any feelings for Jongin- because it will be a waste of your time. Your duty here is to serve Jongin, do you understand me?"

I know what my duty is.

"I understand. Don't worry King Kim and Queen Kim, I will follow all these orders and not fail to follow one." She spoke with honesty. The King smiled at her and to her shock, he gave her a light pat on the shoulder. "I like you already."

The Queen gave Sohee a half smile, "Consider us your new family Sohee."

"Jongin! Come downstairs!" The King shouted and the female maid from earlier came running down the stairs. "Um..Sir? I'm afraid the Prince is not in his room."

"What do you mean?"

"I went upstairs to check on him, but he's not in there."

"Where is he?" Sohee could sense the anger creeping onto his voice. 

"He left a note saying he went to out to the arcade." "But he knows about today! He knows that on his 18th birthday he wa--" His face was turning red and he was breathing heavily.

The servant quickly cut him off, "Don't worry sir, I've already sent a gaurd to go get him." The King nodded, his face starting come back to his regular color. He looked at Sohee, "Shall we have some tea for the time being?"

As Sohee was about to take another sip from her warm tea, she was stopped. 

"Jongin is back," A servant came into the living room and she put her tea away. Sohee quickly patted her clothes and from the corner of her eye, she saw the Queen watching her do so.

Ever since her and the Queen met, she's been getting a sketchy vibe from the Queen. She felt as if the Queen was happy for Sohee being Jongin's Guardian but at the same time she pitied Sohee for being his Guardian. Sohee thought to herself, I guess everyone feels that way about a Guardian.

A male walked into the room (which she assumed it was Jongin) and he automatically made eye contact with Sohee. When she met his eyes, she felt her heart skip a beat. She felt like an invisible rope was put on her and she was being pulled towards him. Sohee never felt this sensation before.

His brown eyes shifted to a shade of red, a shade of red that never leaves her mind. A shade of red that haunts her dreams. His eyes never left hers and she held his gaze until they were both cut off, by a cough.

"Jongin, son, this is your Guardian- Sohee Jung."

As Sohee bowed to Jongin, she felt a pair of eyes burning through her and she knew where it came from; the Queen.



Sohee was amazed by how good-looking Jongin was. He was tall, lean and Sohee was able to see the faint traces of his muscles from his shirt. He had a bronze skin colour that complemented his brown eye colour and his face structure. His jaw is nicely shaped and he had a great nose (Sohee thought he got plastic surgery at first).

"No wonder they're claimed number one based on their looks," she quietly mumbled as she sat on her bed. The was finally in her room and it was in better condition than she expected it to be. There was a big bed with an average sized closet and to her luck, her washroom was in her room. They also provided her with a couch and a coffee table, and they even provided Sohee with her own bookshelf. To her luck, it was stacked with books that interested her.

There were a few candles placed by the cabinet that was next to her full length mirror and behind those two was a window, with an spectacular view of the ocean.

It took her less that 15 minuets to place all her clothes in her closet, her personal stuff in the washroom and to set up a few of her family photos she had left next to her bed.

Sohee grabbed her towel from her bed and put her hair in a bun and as she was walking towards her washroom, someone knocked on her door. She opened it and was startled at who it was.

"Prince Jongin, are you okay?" She asked concern flushing her mind. Why was he knocking at her door at this time of night? Is he in trouble.

He shook his head no and pushed himself into her room. "Are you in trouble?" She asked again and she placed her towel on her bed. "Is something wrong prince?"

He shook his head no again, and Sohee felt her heart skip a beat again. What was going on with her? Her heart shouldn't be doing this.

"Please, don't call me Prince Jongin all the time," He started off saying as he leaned against the wall. "Call me Kai."

"Kai? Are you sure? I was told that I was to call you Prince Jongin at all times."

"Who cares about that. Since you're my Guardian, you can call me what i tell you to." Sohee's belly was interrupted by butterflies after she heard him say 'My Guardian'.

"May I ask what are you doing in here at this time? I was to--"

"Oh Sohee, you're my Guardian-" More butterflies. "-Those are rules my dad told you to follow but you don't have to." "I said that I would not once fail to follow a rule, but here you are breaking my words."

A smirk appeared on his lips, "You're mine." After that Jongin turned around and opened the door, "Goodnight Sohee."

She swore she saw him give her a wink.


 

:)
Kai is just too cute amirite??

:)

ugh i wished he said "You're mine" to me

jks im a sehun biased lol

Anyways how was the chap? Hope you guys liked the first chapter!

p.s im sorry if this was short!! :-(((