Overview

Guardian

This is just an overview, so I'm just giving you guys background information about Sohee and some information about Guardians!

----------------------------------

Sohee Jung, a female guardian and the youngest of the Jung family. She wasn't only the youngest of the Jung family- but she was also the one of two family members remaining. 

Sohee knew her fate the moment her mother gave birth to her, at the age of 18 she would be sent off from her home to go and serve a royal. She wasn't scared for the fact that her life was used to protect another, she was a little excited.

Sohee and any other Guardian didn't have anything against any royal because everyone knew one thing for sure- Guardians are powerful. Why do you think they're chosen to protect another supernatural creature?

Even though they were powerful, they had chances of dying. Guardians are immortal and as long as the person they have to protect is alive; they will do anything to protect them.

Guardians are all born with powers. Some were born with the gift to fight while others were born with rare magical powers.

What's so special about Sohee?

She wasn't born with the gift to fight.

She also wasn't born with a rare magical power.

Never mind, Sohee isn't special.  

Sohee and her family didn't know why she wasn't born anything. Both her mother and older brother were born with the gift to fight while her father was born with a rare power- invisibility. At first her parents thought that Sohee was a late bloomer, but since the both of them are gone Sohee doesn't know what's wrong with her.

When she meets her brother once every week, the both of them still try to wonder what's wrong with her.

"Did anything show up yet?" He asked her, and she shook her head. Sohee got up from the chair she was sitting on and started to pace around the room, "I've tried everything Sejun, but nothing's come up."

"You're almost 18, something should be showing up.." He trailed off. "If only mom and dad were here."

Sohee could feel her heart go dark from the words of mom and dad. Even though she's only lived with them for six years and she got to see them every now and then, she cherished every moment with them. She wanted answers from them, she still had so many questions to ask them. "Do you think...think that their death was planned?" She quietly asked her brother.

"Sohee, what do you mean?" She heard him get up from his seat and she felt him turn her around to face him. "Their death was planned?"

"You know what I mean." She replied as she wriggled out of his grip. "It's highly unlikely that Guardians die, but why mom and dad? What was so important about the royals that they had to protect that they had to die?"

She put her head down, "Every day I think about it, you know their death. Even though us Guardians are chosen to protect another royal, out of everyone in the world- why was it mom and dad?"

"It was their fate Sohee."

I guess you can say that being a Guardian is bitter-sweet. 

----------------------------------------

Sohee woke up to the sound of an angelic tune being played into her ears. When she opened her eyes, she saw three hodded figures standing in front of her.

"Good morning Sohee, today is your birthday." A male spoke up and he pulled his hood down his face. He had icy blue eyes, soft pale face and long white hair. The two other people behind him pulled down their hoods, one was a female and another was a male.

As Sohee sat up on her bed, she knew that her life was going to change. Today was her birthday, she was turning 18 years old. Unlike other 18 years old females who would usually have birthday parties or hang out with their friends, Sohee would be sent away. To a new house, new rules and a new supernatural family.

The male opened his palm and 1000 papers, folded in half, were swirling around the rooms. No it was more than 1000, millions of them were swriling around the room. 

"Pick one," he softly said as he moved to give Sohee space to leave her bed. She stood on her icy cold floor, remembering that today would be the last day she would be waking up and feeling the coldness under her feet.

Her eyes were looking at all the papers, trying to decided on which one to pick. As Sohee was going to turn her head around, there was a paper that was gold.

That's the one.

Without hesitant, Sohee lightly touched the paper with her fingers. Once her fingers touched the surface of the folded paper, the others vanished into the air. Sohee put the paper on the palms of her hand and she looked up to the hooded figure.

"Go ahead, open it Sohee."

She did as told.

Prince Jongin

She read out loud his name, "Prince Jongin?" The male nodded, "Ah, good choice Sohee. You will be serving Prince Jongin, son of King and Queen Kim. Next in heir to the Werewolf throne."

"Werewolf?" She choked out. 

The last time she ever came into contact with one was when she was six years old; the day her mother and father had to return to protect. When Sohee's parents left that night, Sohee was in shock. She was heart broken. A six year old female, who barely knew what was going on was left to live with her older brother that was ten years old.

Sohee remembered that night like it was yesterday. She was running through the woods, hoping that she would find her parents. Her small legs were screaming in pain as she ran through the woods, but she didn't want to stop. She wanted to see her parents. She wanted to be held in her mothers arms as her father read her bed time stories.

As Sohee was running through the wolves, she noticed shadows following her. At first she thought it was her eyes, but soon enough there was a massive, fury creature standing in front of her. The fury creature snarled at her and when she turned around to run away, there was another right behind her back. Soon enough, there were about 15 fury creatures, watching her.

Just as the six year old Sohee closed her eyes, she felt all the fury creatures leave her.

"You can open your eyes now," A male spoke and she did. She came into contact with a boy whose face was about 5cm away from hers, his red eyes staring into hers.

Sohee felt her heart skip a beat and the last thing she remembered was her world going back.

"Get yourself ready in 15 minuets, we'll be waiting downstairs," He spoke up and the three out of her room. Sohee spent the next five minuets looking at the sheet of paper in her hands.

"Prince Jongin."


Tell me what you think so far (even if it's a few words lol)

-SK