Things That Lingers

Red String Tied Around Little Fingers

54 SUBS JUST BY FOREWORD! YOU ARE DA REAL MVP! XD

First chapter, everyone!

ENJOY!!


It wouldn’t be hard if we never knew each other, right?

A boy was crying, he was beaten by a group of bigger boys, they kept saying “you can’t handle a kick?”,  “Are you a girl?” or “you can’t fight?” as they kept attacking the little boy, kicking him everywhere they can.

No! he can handle a kick, but not countless kick.

No! he is not a girl, he just doesn’t want to do anything bad.

No! he can fight, but he is alone, and they are much bigger than him.

“Yah!” the group of the boy turned their heads to where the voice coming from, a boy, much taller than the group, stood there with half-lidded eyes, almost looking bored, he spun the pole in his hand, the group of boys stopped beating the poor boy, “Stop it! Let’s go! It’s Min Yoongi!” and they ran when Yoongi walked closer

The little boy still curled into a ball on the grass, clutched onto his stomach, the pain could be seen on his face, “could you walk?” Yoongi didn’t want to ask if he is okay or not, because it’s a dumb question, he clearly beaten up, he is not okay.

The boy looked up, lips bleed, “I’m okay. It’s okay.” He managed to smile, even though his lips twitched a bit from the pain. Yoongi threw the pole away and crouched beside the boy, “hop on my back, I’ll bring you to my house”

The boy tried to sat up, his arms wobbled a bit, as soon as he tried to stand up, his legs gave up, “sorry”, Yoongi sighed, “put your arms around my neck, hold tight” the boy did as what he said, Yoongi held the arms, make them more secure before he stood up, “hold tight” felt a nod against his back, Yoongi moved his hands to the boy’s legs, and wrapped them around his hips

And they walked to Yoongi’s house, “you already know my name, those pricks mentioned it. Now, what’s your name?” Yoongi asked, “Park Jimin” the voice was quiet and a bit muffled but it brought a smile to the elder’s face.

If you didn’t help me, it would be much easier.

It turned out they lived in the same neighborhood, so after that incident Yoongi was always stay beside Jimin. His parents made Jimin went to the same school with Yoongi. The elder was on his third year while Jimin on his first. Fortunately, Jimin wasn’t bullied at school, he made friends easily, and everyone there were so nice to him.

At the first day Yoongi walked him to the class, even if the younger said he doesn’t need to. But Yoongi was being Yoongi, he didn’t care. When they arrived, Jimin got nervous, he suddenly felt like peeing himself, but a boy ran to him and showed his rectangular smile, “Hi! Are you scared? Don’t worry! All of us too! I’m Kim Taehyung!” he almost bounced on his feet

“go, play with him” Yoongi pushed him a bit, Jimin looked at him, “tell me if something goes wrong” Yoongi winked and left

Jimin looked at the smiling boy, “m-my name is Park Jimin”

“let’s go play, Jiminnie!” Taehyung led him, and Jimin know, he was entering the best stage of his life

Why would you agree on everything I say?

Yoongi learnt that Jimin likes to talk about everything, and sometimes he would randomly talking about the future.

“If I grow up, can I be bigger than you?” Yoongi nodded, “can I be stronger than you?” Yoongi nodded, “if so, when I grow up, I’ll protect you back!” Jimin stood up and puffed his chest

Yoongi laughed, “really? I’ll be waiting”

Jimin sat down again, “are we going to be together forever?” Yoongi nodded, “we’ll be together forever and buried side by side, if it makes you happy”

“I’m going to marry you when I get older!”

“sure, why not?”

But, why you left me alone?

They were happy, until when Jimin was 10, Yoongi got him a terrible news for his birthday present.

“But we promised to be together!” Jimin shouted at the older boy, “I know, Jimin. My parents have to move to Seoul for work.”Jimin didn’t answer him, Yoongi sighed, “we still can be together”

Jimin started to sob, “H-how could you be together if you are separated?”, Yoongi hate to see the tears, “I’m going to move back as soon as possible, I promise.”

No, you didn’t.

Jimin never forget about Yoongi, he always waited for him everyday, hoping someone will knock on his door house and say “I’m back”. But no one came.

He gradually get really close with Taehyung, their home are not far from each other, Jimin usually hang out on his place, because Taehyung’s brother likes to cook, so they like to eat on his place.

Jimin, Taehyung and his brother were close, even though his older brother is 3 years older, Jimin like to imagine that maybe Yoongi would be like this, as big as him and as strong as him.

Taehyung brother finally moved out from his house because he was accepted in a university located in Seoul. Jimin lost one of his close friend again. But it’s different with Yoongi, because he still can contact him, Kim Seokjin.

On their high school year, Taehyung and Jimin started working on their muscle, Taehyung did it because he wants to look more manly, since one of his senior kept calling him cute. He lifted some weight as he shouted “Damn you, Hoseok!” which made Jimin laughed. As for Jimin, he wanted to fulfill his promise, to protect Yoongi, to become stronger and bigger than him.

One day, after he came back from school, there were two people sat on his living room with his mom, the guests looked at him, Jimin widened his eyes, “Mr. Min? Mrs. Min? you came back?” he asked

If his parents are here, Yoongi must be here too!

But no, Mrs. Min said that Yoongi will stay in Seoul, because he had to finish his study in university. Jimin’s world shattered in a second. The thought of he wouldn’t be able to meet him again, made him sick.

I have to forget everything about you.

Jimin focused on something else, he study harder than before, he had to forget about the boy who always rescued him. Let him becoming a memory. But a part of him didn’t let him, he couldn’t easily forget that person, and he remembered what he used to say when they are still kids

“I will marry you!”

“you’ll be my husband!”

“you like me, don’t you?”

“I vow to marry you!”

Jimin chuckled at the memory, it was really silly, why would he marry a boy like him? He could find ier girls, or cuter one. He is sweet, it just a piece of cake for him.

Why would we have to meet again when I’m trying my best to forget you?

“You are accepted in Seoul University?! That’s cool! Jin hyung is there too!” Taehyung said a little excited, a guy beside him tried his best to hold Taehyung from bouncing on his chair

“I have a friend, he also on the same major as you, I could say to him to guide you around the university” the guy offered, “but Jin hyung is there, it’s okay” Taehyung replied “Thanks, Hoseok hyung. Could you give me his number? maybe it could come in handy.”

Hoseok gave him the number, “he would be on his second year when you get in. his name is Kim Namjoon”

“Wait! You have a chance to meet Yoongi there! Yoongi is in Seoul!” it clicked on his mind, he tried his best to forget him, he distract himself to let the memories fade away, why would it turns out like this?

Forgetting someone you know is as painful as remembering someone you never know.

He finally moved out, and he stayed with Jin on his flat, he refused the offer but Jin forced him to stay and said ‘it’s okay, I’m lonely to stay here by myself. I need roommate’

On the first day, Jin was being a guide, he showed him the rooms, places and labs to him. Finally it’s lunch time, he brought the tray to the table, but someone bumped into him

It was a girl. A bad girl, if he could say. “can’t you see I’m here, little boy?” she asked, Jimin looked at her, she wasn’t alone, a guy was with her, he know that face, it’s Yoongi.

His face was the same, bored looking eyes, pale skin are the same. The guy seems to notice it too, he furrowed his brows together, he also recognize the face, it’s familiar, but he didn’t know, “do i….. know you?” the guy asked

Jimin wanted to answer ‘yes’ but maybe he would put the elder to shame if the girl know that he knows a nerd freshman like him, “I’m positive, you don’t” he smiled before walked away.


Aha! I finished on the first chapter. This is going to be twoshots. So, next chapter is the final! Yay!

Hope, this doesn't disappoint you!

Sorry for grammatical error and typos, english is not my first language

Comments are lovely~ <3 (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧