002.

As long as you love me

 

“Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Lee!” Hyoyeon greeted, bowing respectfully at the two persons standing on the doorway. Eunhyuk and she have been waiting for this time – the time when Eunhyuk would proclaim her as his own, the time their families will know about their relationship.

“Good evening.” They gave her a small smile, which she knew was plastic.

“Go inside,” Mr. Lee instructed, opening the door for the couple.

The couple, still hand in hand, greeted Taemin who was busy texting Sulli. He then looked at the couple, and gave his hyung two-thumbs up.

“He really likes you,” Eunhyuk whispered.

“He does? I mean, he knows me?” A surprised Hyoyeon pointed at herself.

He just nodded, and guided her through the kitchen. She saw how much effort the family had put on the special dinner with her.

“Yah, monkey, this is too much!” She whispered, harshly hitting him on his arm.

Eunhyuk chuckled, “You’re special, and that’s why we did this to you.”

The Lee family and Hyoyeon started eating their dinner silently. Hyoyeon felt this weird feeling, as she kept on glancing at his mom, who kept on staring at her.

Mr. Lee coughed. “So…”

“Hyoyeon-ssi, where are you from?” Mrs. Lee asked.

Hyoyeon cleared , before answering, “Busan, ma’am.” (A/N: I don’t really know where Hyoyeon originated, so I just made this up)

“Hmm, interesting; tell me more about your parents.” Mrs. Lee began eyeing her suspiciously, since she knows that Busan people are not that rich. (A/N: Another fiction. This is not called a fan-fiction for nothing, right? LOL)

“My dad worked for the President of a fishery, but he retired and we went to Seoul. He works here as a clerk,” Hyoyeon answered truthfully.

“Oh, what fishery? We handle some of those, too!” Mr. Lee was the one who was surprised at her background. It was a positive response, since Mr. Lee was a fisherman back then.

“I forgot the name… Sorry, sir.”

Mr. Lee smiled. “No, it’s fine.”

Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes. “So, how about your mom?”

“My mom? She’s staying in our house.”

 

The night ended so fast that it was time for Eunhyuk to walk her home. Eunhyuk was silent all the time, since his mother did all the talking. She noticed his silence,  but she just gave that back since she didn’t want to interrupt his thinking.

“Baby…”

Hyoyeon looked at him. “Why?”

“I love you. Always remember that, okay?” Eunhyuk leaned his forehead on hers, closing his eyes. He looked serious. He held her waist, securing her.

“I love you too.”

 

“Hyung, Hyoyeon noona didn’t make a good impression.” Taemin frowned.

“I know, stop reminding me!” Eunhyuk shouted in depression.

Taemin pouted. “Sorry, hyung. I didn’t mean –“

“It’s alright, Taeminnie.”

“I hope you know how to save noona, hyung,” Taemin said sadly.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I know you know what I meant.”

 

“Eunhyuk.” A strong voice powered the silent surrounding, making the sleeping boy startled. “We need to talk.”

“Hmm…” He hummed, not wanting to get up. “It’s Sunday.”

“So?” The voice insisted. “Get up.”

“Mom –“

“We need to talk about Kim Hyoyeon.”

Eunhyuk was shocked. “W-what about her?”

“I don’t like her for you.” His mom said seriously, communicating through his eyes.

Eunhyuk chuckled, “I don’t care.”

“I don’t like her for you. She’s poor,” Mrs. Lee said, beaming. “She’s a scholar in that prestige school?”

“You definitely have no reason to say that,” Eunhyuk argued. “I love –“

Mrs. Lee laughed. “She’s poor. Every poor deserves no love.”

“You can’t say what I want!” He shouted, startling a bit his mom.

But she just smiled, saying, “If you go one step closer to her, I will forsake you.”

He stopped walking. “W-what?”

“You heard me, Eunhyuk. You can live without Hyoyeon, but you cannot live without us.” With that, his mom walked out of his room.

 

“Eunhyuk, you seem so silent.” A caring Hyoyeon said, as she placed her head on his shoulder.

The couple was at the park, sitting on a bench near a big tree. The two kept a very peaceful silence, but Hyoyeon felt that his silence is not good. She l0oked at the children playing happily, reminiscing some happy moments. Eunhyuk squeezed her hands, smiling a bit.

“I just want to have this peaceful moment,” he declared.

Hyoyeon chuckled, “You? I know monkeys don’t know the meaning of silence.”

“Well, they do now,” He replied. “I love you, Hyoyeon.”

“I love you too.” Hyoyeon stood up, beaming at him. “I’ll go buy some snacks. Stay here, okay?”

Eunhyuk nodded, smiling at her. He felt guilty, since he’s not paying attention to her. All he can think about is his mom.

Hyoyeon walked towards the hotdog vendor, when someone blocked her way. The person is short, and was wearing a black dress paired with a pair of sunglasses. She looked confusingly at her, until she removed her shades.

“Mrs. Lee...” she whispered.

Mrs. Lee smiled. “Hyoyeon-ssi, right?”

She nodded. Mrs. Lee continued, “Can I talk to you for a sec?”

“O-okay.”

 

Two days had passed, and Eunhyuk noticed Hyoyeon’s sudden change. She’s not the happy-go-lucky girl he loves, but she became the passive and pessimistic Hyoyeon. She smiled fake, often tearing up. He can’t help but to notice her sadness.

Two days after Mrs. Lee talked to her, she became like that. She doesn’t know what to do. Everything seemed to be fine, but then Mrs. Lee ruined everything.

“Eunhyuk-ah, do you love me?”

The sweetness in her voice makes her knees weaken, and adore her even more. They were at the park again, walking with hands intertwined.

“Forever, Hyo. I love you forever,” he replied sweetly, facing her.

Hyoyeon started to tear up. “W-will you do s-something f-for m-me then?”

“Anything for my love.” Eunhyuk seemed selfish, not realizing that she’s on the verge of crying.

Hyoyeon removed her hands from his, which earned a deep shock from him. “Let’s break up.”

“W-what?” Eunhyuk chuckled. “Are you kidding me?”

“I’m serious, Lee Eunhyuk.” She then turned around, facing the park. She doesn’t want to see what will be his reaction. She will be hurt.

“Huh?” Eunhyuk’s voice cracked. “D-don’t d-do this.”

Hyoyeon began crying silently. ‘Don’t cry, Hyoyeon-ah! You should be strong.’

“Eunhyuk... I’m sorry.” She began walking away, trying to hold her unstoppable tears.

“I love you Hyoyeon!” Eunhyuk shouted; it’s obvious in his voice that he’s already crying. “Don’t leave me, please! I love you!”

Hyoyeon stopped walking. She wiped her tears, and began to turn around. She collected all her strength, and shouted, “I don’t love you anymore.”

~~~~

“Hello? Hey girl, what’s up! I miss you baby.  I want you back here, you know, by my side. I don’t know how to say this but... I love you.” Eunhyuk then pressed a button, ending the call. He did this for about 20 times already, but deep down inside him, he knows that she changed her number already.

 

“Do you still love me, Hyoyeon-ah?”

He keeps on asking himself. It’s been two years, and he still doesn’t know what she’s doing now. What if she found a new love? What will he do?

It’s been two years... two years of waiting for her, two years of continuous reminiscing, two years of crying. He still doesn’t have any idea why she broke up with him.

 

“I don’t like her for you.”

The furor in the voice of someone he truly respects kept on tingling in his ears. Truly, his mom doesn’t approve of her. As a man, he has the right to protect the girl he truly loves. But, now, what happened? He was too ambitious yet his self-esteem is too low. He never fought for her, nor treated her as he wanted to do. What happened? With his mom on his side always, he can’t do things he wanted to do.

He didn’t fight for her. He never did. He was afraid – thinking that Hyoyeon will just ignore him. But, he’s wrong. If only he ran and stopped her from walking away, if only he just saved her from walking away from him and from walking out of the school, nothing of those will happen.

 

“You’re an idiot, hyung.”

Taemin always preaches his hyung, usually fighting him. He knew what happened between his mom and Hyoyeon, but he didn’t want to tell his hyung. He knows that his hyung is not that dumb enough to not know it. But, still, he’s dumb.

 

“Eunhyuk, do you love me?”

The sweetness in her voice makes her knees weaken, and adore her even more. Sometimes, he imagines his life with only her in it. It so happened that she was in the same, prestige school, yet his mom doesn’t approve of her. His mom only wants rich kids, but how come she doesn’t approve of her until now – until now that they’ve broken up?

 

“Can you be my girlfriend?”

I miss those times, he thought to herself. The time he proposed to the beautiful girl he has ever seen in his life, the time she accepted him to be her love, the time they became official – all of them were missed by him. If only he could turn back the time, if only he could save her from all those things, they would be happy and married at this time.

 

Hyoyeon transferred to another prestige school of performing arts, and there she met Junho. They weren’t dating, but she likes him for being a great brother to her.

Eunhyuk, on the other side, still became the puppy of her mom. He doesn’t know how to say ‘no’. His mom planned to arrange his marriage to Park Gyuri, daughter of the well-known tycoon Park Jungsoo. For the two years, Gyuri tried to make him fall for her. But, she can’t. He only has one person in his heart – Kim Hyoyeon.

 

He kept on thinking and thinking, reminiscing and reminiscing. But, what is he doing? He’s still under his mom. He can’t fight. What is he doing?

~~~~

Weeks before his wedding, Eunhyuk can’t help but to go to the park. He finally agreed on marrying her, since Hyoyeon is seen nowhere. He sighed, sitting on the bench they owned last time.

“I’m sorry, Hyoyeon. I love you so much.”

“Your sorry will not change everything…” Someone said from behind.

He looked confused, so he turned around. His wish finally came true. It was she. It was Kim Hyoyeon, the one he truly loves.

“Hyoyeon…” he whispered.

“Lee Eunhyuk,” she said, “congratulations!”

“H-huh?” He stuttered.

Hyoyeon smiled. “You’re getting married, right?” She chuckled, “You’re the same, old Eunhyuk I know.”

Eunhyuk smiled. He signaled her to sit beside her, which she widely accepted. “How are you, Hyoyeon?”

“Life’s fine. I’m happy.” She then faced him. “How about you?”

“I still don’t accept the fact that you broke up with me,” Eunhyuk said sadly.

Hyoyeon felt her heart crumpled in pain. “I’m sorry.”

“All I want to know is why,” Eunhyuk said, looking at her. She saw the pain his eyes that he kept for two years. It was the same pain that she gave his mom.

Hyoyeon’s eyes started to tear up. “I love you –“

“If you love me, you won’t do that to me!” Eunhyuk shed his manly tears, not caring about the others.

“If my mom will force you to break up with me, what will you do?!” Hyoyeon shouted, her tears started to roll continuously. “If you know how much it hurts me, until now!”

Eunhyuk held her face. “Why didn’t you tell me before?”

Hyoyeon pushed his hands off her face. “You wouldn’t believe me.”

“What? Of course I will!”

“No, you’re not.” Hyoyeon smiled bitterly. “You didn’t run nor stop me when I was walking away. I was expecting you to stop me, but I guess you chose your mom.”

“I –“

Hyoyeon stood up. “Tell Gyuri-ssi, ‘Congratulations.’”

Eunhyuk grabbed her wrist. “Stop, please don’t go.”

Hyoyeon tried to get out of his grip, but he’s too strong. He then pulled her towards him; their faces are inches away from each other. “As long as you love me, I don’t care. As long as you’re here with me, I don’t care what you did. I love you. Please, don’t leave.” His voice started to crack.

Hyoyeon looked deeply in his eyes. “You’re getting married, Eunhyuk.” She tried to pull out from the hug. “Stop this.”

Eunhyuk felt her serious tone, and let her go. He sighed. “I’m sorry, Hyoyeon-ah, for everything. I didn’t fight for you, I didn’t stop you. I’m a useless man.”

Hyoyeon held his hands. “I thought we’re meant to be, but I guess fate doesn’t want us to be together.”

“Fate wants, our own families don’t.”

“Whatever it is,” Hyoyeon said, “I still love you.”

“Please, come back to me?” Eunhyuk tried again.

Hyoyeon smiled. She pecked on his cheeks, patting his shoulders. “Good luck on your wedding, Lee Eunhyuk. Best wishes.”

 

In the end, he still didn’t know how to fight for his love for Hyoyeon. She gave up, he gave up. Fate wants them to be together, but their own selves don’t fight for their own lives. In the end, their families decided...

Love conquers everything... except their love.


HELLO! I'm done with my second HYOHYUK story.
Aigoo, don't get angry with me please! /pouts
This story has no happy ending, but I hope you liked it.

Basically, Eunhyuk chose his mom's way, even though it's not really detailed out here.
Hyoyeon gave up, knowing that Eunhyuk will obey his mom.
Eunhyuk and Gyuri will get married, while Hyoyeon will stay with Junho as friends.
Taemin served as Eunhyuk's conscience, but he failed because Eunhyuk still didn't fight for their love.

Aigoo. I hope you liked this! XD

This has 4,366 words in 12 pages. WOW. I myself was amazed. :)

COMMENTS&&SUBSCRIPTIONSAREHIGHLYAPPRECIATED!