001.

As long as you love me

 

“Hello? Hey girl, what’s up! I miss you baby.  I want you back here, you know, by my side. I don’t know how to say this but... I love you.”

~~~~

“Hey!” A voice called the boy with the blonde hair.

He turned around, only to see the new student. “Annyeong Haseyo,” he greeted nicely.

The girl smiled. “I’ve seen you somewhere,” the girl mumbled. “Ay, right! I saw you in Elle Girl! You’re like, one of the boys who posed there who’s not an idol!” The girl exclaimed. She was the talk of the town, probably because of her exotic yet beautiful looks.

“Gee, thanks.” Eunhyuk flashed his gummy smile. “I’m Eunhyuk.”

The girl handed out her hand. “I’m Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Well, see you around!” Eunhyuk said, walking away. He smiled at her one last time, before turning his view to where he will go.

“Bye!” Hyoyeon said, barely heard by the boy. She smiled at herself, knowing that she has at least one friend from there on.

 

“Ouch!” She grunted after getting hit by a ball – a basketball.

Someone approached her. “Sorry!”

She looked up, and she saw Eunhyuk. “Oh, it’s alright Eunhyuk-ssi!”

Eunhyuk frowned. “No, it’s not! I’ll bring you to the nurse –“

“No, I’m really fine. It’s okay.” Hyoyeon flashed her beautiful smile at him.

“Okay, as long as you’re fine.” Eunhyuk handed out his hand, helping her to stand up. He then said, “You can just call me Eunhyuk, not Eunhyuk-ssi.”

“Well, ugh, we’re not close,” Hyoyeon revealed shyly.

He chuckled, “Then, we’ll be close starting now!”

“Just because you don’t want me to call you ‘Eunhyuk-ssi?’” She asked, a teasing smile flashed in her beautiful face.

He nodded. “As long as you will not call me ‘Eunhyuk-ssi.’”

 

 

Weeks passed, and the two grew closer and they got to know each other better. Eunhyuk learned that Hyoyeon’s a dancer, and just like him, she wanted to audition for SM Entertainment. The two dreamt about getting into the company, auditioning on the same date.

As they grew closer to each other, they are both developing special feelings to each other. Eunhyuk, for example, can’t sleep without texting or calling her. On the other side, Hyoyeon can’t help but to think many things about Eunhyuk.

Without completely making the moment awkward, Eunhyuk tried to compose himself, as he planned for this day. After 3 weeks of getting to know, and being that super close, Eunhyuk decided that it’s about time to confess. Although he is vulnerable when it comes to love, he thought that he needs to tell it before it’s too late.

“Hyoyeon,” Eunhyuk said sweetly, walking towards her.

“Hmm?” She hummed in reply.

“Let’s go to the park, after dismissal?” He offered.

She nodded, smiling sweetly. “Sure, let’s buy some ice cream!” She screamed like a baby.

His heart skipped a bit with her sweet smile, and innocent scream. “Well, we’ll see.”

“I can’t wait for dismissal to happen!”

The time passed so fast that even Eunhyuk didn’t notice the time. The bell rang, and it is time for them to go to the park. Eunhyuk had called Siwon, Donghae and Heechul to prepare something. Well, he doesn’t know if the three prepared what he wants.

“Let’s go?” Eunhyuk then grabbed her hands. He pressed it, before walking with her. Hyoyeon didn’t speak, but she kept on looking at their intertwined hands. She felt like the world around her stopped, and they were the only people in the world – like a fairytale.

The couple walked their way to the park, though it was a bit far from their school. Their hands kept in place, not caring about the people around them. Smiling, Eunhyuk was excited to go to the park. He didn’t know why, but this sudden confession makes him feel so positive and enthusiastic.

“We’re here!” Eunhyuk announced brightly.

She chuckled at his childishness. “I want to go buy some ice cream first!”

Eunhyuk accompanied Hyoyeon to the near ice cream shop, contacting Siwon. He walked slowly, to keep a certain distance from her.

“Yoboseyo?” Siwon answered.

“Yah, we’re just buying ice cream. Be prepared, or else...”

“W-we will,” Siwon stuttered. No one doesn’t want Eunhyuk to be angry. “Bye!”

Eunhyuk then went to her side, as she happily gave him his cone. “Thanks,” he said.

“So, why are we in the park?” She asked nonchalantly.

Eunhyuk cleared his throat. “Hmm, I just want to see the...”

“The what?” She smiled teasingly.

“I’ll show you.”

Eunhyuk once again grabbed her wrist and took the lead. They walked fast, but it seemed that they just own the world – the people began moving slowly for them. They were meters away to their destination when Eunhyuk pulled something out of his pocket.

“Close your eyes,” he instructed.

“What are you doing?” She chuckled, unexpectedly obliging to his instructions.

He chuckled, “Nothing. I just want to surprise you.”

As soon as he covered her eyes with his handkerchief, she heard a sweet melody coming from behind. She didn’t know exactly where, but she just knew it was right beside her. His grip loosened, but still he guided her forward. After a while, she felt his hands released her. She was all alone.

“Eunhyuk?” She whispered.

No reply was heard, but she didn’t feel any tension or nervousness because of the sweet voices, which she felt that was really beside her. She smiled, feeling her heart relaxing.

The chorus part was on, and the singing voices – particularly boys – starting singing it in low volume.

As long as you love me...

She then heard a very familiar voice, rapping after the singing part. She felt secured, and she doesn’t know why. The voice, that voice is the voice she knew she really loves. His part was short, but that part made her heart beat fast the most.

It was Eunhyuk. It was he who she felt comfortable with. It was he, the one she truly loves.

She flinched a little when she felt a hand loosening the handkerchief that blocked her sight. She felt that it was gone now. She opened her eyes, only to see Eunhyuk kneeling down in front of her.

“Eunhyuk,” she whispered, feeling her eyes filled with tears.

Eunhyuk smiled at her. He remained on his position, not showing any difficulty. He started, “Hyoyeon-ah, the moment I saw you, that moment you approached me and said that I am the person in Elle Magazine.”

“That moment when we shook each others’ hands, I said, ‘the first time I held her hand – it was our first day in freshmen year. Her exotic looks made me really curios about her. The smile she showed that time made my heart skipped a beat. She’s perfect.’”

He stopped, looking deeply in her eyes. She stood her, motionless and speechless. Eunhyuk then held her hands. “Will you accept my love for you?”

Hyoyeon then felt a tear rolled down on her cheeks. She was speechless, and indeed, she was happy at the moment – nearly stunned, but happy.

“I love you,” she whispered, allowing only him to hear that three special words.

“What?” He began smiling like an idiot.

“I love you!” She exclaimed, proclaiming to his friends that she just answered Eunhyuk’s sudden confession. “I love you.”

Eunhyuk stood up, hugging her tight. He whispered, “Thank you, Hyoyeon-ah. I love you so much.”

 

 

“You’ve been telling those words over and over again, hyung,” Ryeowook butted in, not taking any more of his stories.

Eunhyuk frowned. “You’re supposed to listen to me, Wookie! You are my dongsaeng –“

Donghae interrupted, “We are to, but you just keep on repeating those words. We know that you and Hyoyeon had your first kiss under the rain, you two kept on calling each other on the phone, she calls you ‘her monkey’... Blah, blah, blah.”

“But...”

“We know you really love her, Hyuk,” Leeteuk said. “But, those things you did for her... it’s just...”

“Your world is focused on her only.” Kyuhyun helped his hyung finish his sentence.

“Right.” Leeteuk then patted his back. “Don’t take it the wrong way.”

“Dude, she’s my first real girlfriend!” Eunhyuk exclaimed. “You know I only like girls because of their money, but this time, it’s different.”

“We know, we know,” Yesung said. “But, Kyu’s right. Even though you really love her, that doesn’t mean that your world is revolving around her only.”

“What am I supposed to do? She’s my girlfriend.”

“But she’s not your wife, Hyuk.” The silent Siwon then blurted the words. “She’s not your wife, not yet.”

“I...” He lost his words.

“Think about it, Hyuk. Don’t focus on her only. Maybe she’s feeling your grip on her neck. We don’t know. Try to release her a bit,” Siwon preached.

“But if I do that, she’ll –“

“Leave you? Hyoyeon-ssi is not that kind of person,” Heechul butted. “I know her.”

 

 

“Are you alright, Hyo?”

The voice enveloped the whole dancing room. She stopped dancing; focusing her gaze at the man she loves. He knew, he just knew, that every time Hyoyeon will dance with emotions, she’s doing it to forget about her problems.

“Nothing, really.” She sat down, trying her best to look okay.

He pouted, making her chuckle a bit. “I know you’re not. You are so engaged in your dancing, which means you have some conflicts with your mind.”

“You just know me, monkey,” she chuckled. “I don’t know what to do.”

“I know what you’ll do,” he bragged. “Come.”

“Huh?”

Eunhyuk then softly grabbed her head, positioning it to his shoulders. “Comforting, right?”

She shook her head playfully. “It’s hard.”

“That’s because I have muscles.” He laughed very hard. “But, seriously, you felt comfortable?”

She nodded. “I love you, Eunhyuk.”

“I love you too,” he replied. “So now, tell me. What’s bothering my venus?”

“I don’t know how to say it.”

Eunhyuk grabbed her hands, intertwining it with his. He felt her soft palms shaking a bit. “Why are you nervous?”

“I say –“

Eunhyuk stopped her. “I don’t force you to say it, but as your boyfriend, I want to know what’s bothering you.” He squeezed her hands, sending chills on her.

She closed her eyes, smelling his scent. “Will you get angry, Eunhyuk?”

“As long as you love me, I won’t.”

Hyoyeon smiled, not opening her eyes. She doesn’t want to see what his face will express after confessing.

“Eunhyuk… I am taking a scholarship in this school,” she said plainly.

Eunhyuk then smiled brightly, which she didn’t see because she still has her eyes closed. “Good for you, baby! You are really awesome!”

“No, I’m not,” she coldly said.

“What are you saying? You are!”

“No.”

“Baby, the school gave you scholarship because you are intelligen –“

“I applied for scholarship.”

Eunhyuk then looked at her. He noticed that tears were flowing on her face, and he was startled by it. “Hyoyeon-ah, are you crying?”

She still has her eyes closed. “I applied for scholarship, even way before we met. That’s because my family can’t afford this school.”

Eunhyuk was left speechless. He looked at her; still her head’s leaning on his shoulders. He, being a rich boy, doesn’t understand. Or so, he tried to not understand.

“Please… speak.”

“I love you.” He hugged her tight, making her emotions explode. She cried out loud. Her insecurities, she took that away. She cried and cried, and Eunhyuk comforted her.

“Please don’t be angry.”

Eunhyuk continued to comfort her. “I love you. I don’t care where you’re from, even if our boundaries are heaven and earth. I love you. I will forever love you.”

 

 

“I see you are smiling like an idiot.”

He was busy playing Starcraft which Kyuhyun taught him. He was deeply engaged in playing that game, but he needed to stop and listen to that person.

“That’s because I’m playing this awesome game, Taemin.”

The look on his dongsaeng’s handsome face expressed confusion, but at the same time, he believed in his hyung. “You’ll definitely teach me how to play that, hyung!”

“Sure.”

Taemin then asked, “Do you have a girlfriend, hyung?”

He was startled at Taemin’s question. “H-huh?”

“I knew it!” Taemin shouted in victory. “I knew it~” He began to sing.

“Shut up, dude!” Eunhyuk nearly stuffed a pillow at his dongsaeng’s mouth. “You’re totally ruining my plans!”

“What? Are you going to tell dad and mom?”

“Of course, I will! Duh, she’s special,” he declared.

“But, will they get angry?”

Eunhyuk stopped for a bit. Knowing his mother, he knew something will happen, and it’s not good. “No, I don’t think so.”

“O-okay,” Taemin stuttered. “Just so you know hyung, I support you.”

“Thanks Taem. Just keep it as a secret, first, okay?”

“Sure, hyung! Tell me, is she beautiful?” Taemin asked playfully.

“She’s the most beautiful person in the whole world.”