accept.

Night Gladiolus | WIND |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Accept the proposal…

 

“He scares me, mother.” The young girl told her mother honestly. For a girl of her age, there was something unusual about the man who was asking for her hand in marriage. She could not explain what makes her unsettled about the man who is her fiance. 

 

For some reason, she felt that there was something not right with Jiyong. The way his eyes scanned her as if she was something he can’t wait to get his hands on.

 

It felt dirty. It wasn’t right.

 

Just thinking about it was making her stomach turn the wrong way.

 

Her mother knew it was wrong to ask this of her daughter but it was important that she says yes. The Kwons are a powerful family. She approached her only daughter and clasped her hands, pleading. “Please my dear… ”

 

“I don’t understand.” Her daughter frowned.

 

“Someday you will.” She kissed her lovely daughter, hoping her love would be enough for them to endure the future set for them.

The young girl loved her mother too much and agreed. She couldn’t bear to see her mother be in pain.

 

Her father died a year after her younger brother, Ren was born. It had been her mothers who have brought them up alone. Not once did her mother complained of the burden.

 

She and her brother felt loved and for that she said yes.

 

The decision doesn’t sit well with her but if it made her mother happy, it would be enough.

 

Word spread fast when she agreed to the proposal. The whole town congratulated her and said that it was a match made in heaven. Publicly, they said it was but the mother’s child knew the townspeople had their concerns.

 

Her child was simply too young but they would never voice it out. The Kwons are a powerful family that no one would dare defy or insult.

 

There was no way for her child to get free of the engagement.

 

Wedding preparations were made within the month. In that month, the Kwons have frequent the girl’s household especially the groom, Jiyong. He had an uncanny fixation to the girl and often brought her flowers of different kinds.

 

During those times, the young girl forgot her fear of the man and amused herself with learning what kind of flower had her future husband brought to her.

 

One of her favourites was the blood lily.  The flower’s representation amused her. It was a source of strength and love at first sight as well.

 

 Her innocence was what made her irresistible to Jiyong’s eyes. It might be madness to fall in love with a girl so young such as she but age did not matter to him. He learned long before that as long as you have the means, you can obtain what you want.

 

His hand had unknowingly strayed. The young girl stiffened when she felt his hand on her bare shoulder. She bit her lips and tried her best not move away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter