wind.

Night Gladiolus | WIND |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

WIND…

 

“WIND.” The girl answered the man.

 

“Ah… an element that truly resembles you. Fitting for a child such as you.” A soft smile graced his face.

 

“Your future has been set in stone my child. But you must choose between duty and love.” The girl didn’t understand what the man has told her.

 

“Can I go home now?” She asked.

 

“I pray when the time comes… you will choose what calls out to you just like what happened today.” The words started to fade and before the girl realized what happened, everything vanished into darkness.

 

“Noona…” Someone called out.

 

She groaned but kept her eyes shut. The weather was simply too good for her to get out of bed. It made her want to wrap herself with her blankets and spend the whole day sleeping.

 

“Noona…” The voice called out again.

 

The young girl sighed and opened her eyes to look at her younger brother. "Why? I want to sleep more."

 

Ren, her younger brother ignored her question and relayed their mother's message.  “Mother wants to see you in the kitchen.”

 

Slowly, she got up with reluctance and followed her younger brother to the kitchen. “You want to see me mother?”

 

Her mother was fixing their lunch. “An offer of marriage arrived early this morning. The Kwon’s wants you to be their daughter-in-law.”

 

Shock etched on her face. At the age of 10, marriage was far from her thoughts but because of her unusual beauty, it wasn’t uncommon to have proposals in their family. As young as 8 years old, the family has started to receive the proposals. The mix heritage of her father and mother had produced an exotic looking child t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter