decline.

Night Gladiolus | WIND |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Decline the Proposal...

 

 

In the child’s mind, there was no way she would accept the proposal. She was too young to think about marriage.

 

“I won’t marry him.” The young girl said to her mother.

 

She couldn't marry the man who had the look that completely made her uneasy. 

 

There was finality in the way the child said it. “I won’t.”

 

Her mother realized that just like her deceased husband, her daughter was stubborn. There was nothing she could do to convince her child. Telling her daughter the dangers was something she promised herself to hide.

 

"Don't you want a prince? Isn't Jiyong-sshi a prince?"

 

Just hearing her mother describe the man as a prince made her shiver in an unknown fear. 

 

"He's not a prince. He's only pretending to be one." For her, Jiyong would never be a prince.  Jiyong was like a predator waiting to devour her whole.

 

"If you decline this proposal, we have to leave this place."

 

"Jiyong-ajusshi will be mad, isn't he?"

 

"He will." The girl's mother nodded solemnly.

 

"Is there some way to appease him?"  Her naive daughter asked. 

 

The mother wished that her young daughter could understand how serious the situation was.  “Only your hand in marriage would appease him.”

 

"What happens now?"

 

"We leave as soon as possible. You should tell your brother to help pack our things. I'll get something from the market for our travel. When I come back, be ready. We won’t stay long."

 

The young girl nodded and called her brother. She told him what her mother said and they didn’t waste any time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter