“Goodbye, my dear friends”

I Love You Because It's You

“KATHLEEN!!”

“yaaeh...” I mumbled with my head buried in my pillow, my mom entered my room “it’s time for you to wake up. It’s your last day at school, so you shouldn’t be late”. I turned around, to face my mom, and smiled, then she left, I pulled a pillow over my head. I could already smell the delicious food from the kitchen.
Actually it’s my first day after our Christmas break and at the same time my last, though my real last day at school, was the last day before the break, but I decided to come today, to say goodbye to my friends and classmates. Five minutes after, entered one of our maids, “Miss Black, you have to come up now, your breakfast is ready” she said, “Yeah yeah, I’m coming” I mumbled once again, why couldn’t they just let me sleep some more, I got out of the bed, took my big fluffy boots and my fluffy coat on, both were light pink, I love pastel colors.

I walked down to the dining room, the maids had already done the table, and there were a lot food. Our chef always prepared a lot food, for the three of us. My dad already sat at the table reading the morning newspaper, he took a sip of his coffee, he would soon leave for work. I took place at the table, “Good morning father” I said politely, he nodded like he was saying good morning too. I took a piece of bread, and took some jam on it. While I was eating my mom entered the dining room too, and took place, she silently took some eggs and some bread, she never says anything when we’re eating neither does my dad.

After I was done eating, I went back to my room. I went through my closet, to find some cloth, I have plenty things to choose between, but I’m a girl, it doesn’t matter how much or little cloth we have, we still can’t decide what to wear. I finally found something, I decided to wear a light beige armless shirt with high neck and pretty buttons, and a white shirt under so it wouldn’t be to cold, I found a light pink skirt with fringe on the bottom, took some white and slightly beige leggings on and pulled them just above my knees, no longer down then that. I went into my bathroom, took my brush and pulled my hair up into a big bun. I looked in the mirror “I look pale today” I said unsatisfied to myself, I used some light brown powder for my pale face, and laid a little natural make-up, I marked my eyes as always, but not too much. I ended it all with brushing my teeth.

I was about to get my bag, when someone knocked on my door “come in” I said, it was my mom, she came to tell me, that she was ready to drive me to school, I hurried and grabbed my bag. I went downstairs took some big light brown winter boots on and a light pink coat, I went out to the car, there was already parked in front of our house, my mom came out, and we left for school.

Oh yeah I haven’t really introduced myself, I’m Kathleen Black, I’m 18 years old, I’m coming from a very wealthy family, I’m about to tell my friends and my classmates something that might shock some of them, but I hope they’ll understand me. I’m leaving lovely Los Angeles, going to Seoul. I’m going to study theatre and music at Kyung-Hee University. I hope that one day I can become either an actor or a singer, but I’ll have to see what I want the most. I’m gonna stay at one of my parents best friend’s house, until I find something else, he’s almost like a brother to my parents, I don’t remember him to well though. My mom tells me he’s a manager for a band, well that sure sounds interesting, I wonder what they’ll say to have me staying with them. The only one beside my parents, there knows about this is my teachers. My parent’s friend is going to pick me up at school, I just don’t know when he will be here.

When we arrived at school, my mom parked close to the entry hall “Take care now Kathleen, and don’t worry, I bet they all will understand” She said and kissed my forehead “Thanks mom” I said, and went out of the car. I had to admit I was a bit uneasy and nervous, I wasn’t sure what I should say to them and when. I decided to wait until I could see him.
I met some of my classmates on my way to the class, we all walked there together. When we came into the class, I could see that everyone was here, that was a relief. I went over to my best friend Tasha, and took place beside her and beside the window, our teacher came and English class started.
Several hours later, we had our first lunch break, I looked out the window, “Already?” I mumbled to myself, Tasha looked at me “Is anything wrong” She asked curious, I looked back at her “No... Well yes!” I responded. I rose from my chair and went up to the blackboard, my teacher looked at me “is it time” she asked, I just nodded, “Guys... I have to tell you something... Before you go out and enjoy your lunch”

Some was already on their way to the canteen, but they found their seats again. Tasha looked concerned at me, I bet, if eyes could talk, hers would ask me if there were anything wrong, she could read me, like an open book, but she was also the only one with that ability.

I took a deep breath and looked out to my classmates, “I came today... to say goodbye and thanks, for some great years” I said, the whole class suddenly looked very surprised, “What... what are you saying Kath?!” Tasha asked, while saying that her voice cracked, I saw the sadness in her eyes, now I felt even more uneasy, but I had to tell them “I’m moving to Korea, I’m gonna study theatre and music at Kyung-Hee University in Seoul...” I paused for a bit and took a deep breathe again “Sorry I’m just very nervous... I’m gonna miss all of you... I’m gonna miss Selena’s constant complaining” I laughed a bit “No hard feelings Selena, we love you, I’m also gonna miss David’s drooling over men with huge muscles, just cause he envy them” The whole class laughed, even David started, “And I’m specially gonna miss you Tasha, they only one who really knows me and understands my feelings, even if I haven’t told you” I could feel a tear rolling down my check, everyone came over to me, and we all gave each other a big group hug. “Let’s all take a group picture before she leaves” Brandon said, we all agreed and posed very natural and funny, I was happy, that I could leave like this, Jessie stood behind me, he laid his arms around me “Don’t forget us when you get famous” he smirked, “Of course not Jessie” I laughed, we took on last picture, we posed in another huge group hug. Finally I said bye to them all, gave them an individual hug.

I went out to the car where DongYul stood waiting for me, “Samchun...” I waved at him, I looked back at my school I could see all my classmates in the canteen standing by the windows waving at me, I waved back at them, and tried my best to smile. I reached the car, he gave me a hug “You have grown a lot since last time I saw you” he said and smiled, “Yeah, well I’m also older now” I answered with a smile, DongYul took my bag, and opened the passenger door for me, like a real gentleman, we drove back home.

When we arrived home, I hurried up to my room, to pack my stuff, DongYul went in to my parents in the living room, and started chatting while I was packing. My mom had already left two suitcases in my room, and a third smaller one, for my dog’s stuff, she was going with me, cause it was my dog, and I couldn’t leave without her. She’s a beautiful Siberian husky, her name is Akira she is 4 years old and very beautiful. I started packing all my cloth into the suitcase, after that I got most of my stuff from the bathroom, hairdryer, my hair straighter, and make-up, some of my hair products, brush and toothbrush. I went back to my room, and packed some of my pictures, I needed to have some with me, I also packed my camera, and other important electronic stuff. I was done packing my own stuff, now I just needed to pack Akira’s things, her collars, I took them all, she had about six different collars, one in light pink that is the one she usually wears, baby blue, white with small diamonds, a pure red one, and two natural collars, for all the collars there is a matching leash. I also packed her blanket, I decided to buy a nice bed when we arrived in Seoul, I went over to her corner in my room, and took her water bowl and food bowl.

I was done packing and went down to my parents, my dad asked the maids to get my suitcases and place them in the car. I went out to the kitchen to get some food to Akira for the trip, I also had to buy some food for her in Seoul, *I think I need to make a shopping list, so I make sure to get everything I need* I thought to myself. DongYul came over to me “Let’s go now Kathleen” He said and smiled, I nodded and went over to give my parents a hug and say goodbye, I called for Akira, she came right away, I gave her the leach on, took my boots and coat on again, and I went into the car together with DongYul, Akira lay on the backseat relaxing, she loves driving. I could see my mom crying a bit while weaving, my dad tried to calm her down. Finally I was moving to Korea to reach my dream.

We arrived at the airport, checked in, likely Akira was going to fly with us as an passenger. It was time to fly, I sat and looked out the window, I was really excited, DongYul told me, that I was going to also stay with five boys at my age, I was thinking a lot about them, how would they tread me, are they nice, well I couldn’t wait to meet them. After flying for several hours, I fell asleep.