Like Sunshine

In a Thousand Words or Less...


Fandom:Uniq
Pairing: Yixuan/Sungjoo
Rating:PG
Comments/Warnings: None just fluff and I’m a sap

-

In Yixuan’s last year of high school he was given a notebook and a project. Write things down you think are beautiful, things that strike you. It wasn’t a hard assignment. A sunset was beautiful, flowers were beauitful, the stars were beautiful. He’d write them down when he came across them, like everyone else did.

He didn’t truely understand the meaning of the assignment untill he laid eyes on Kim Sungjoo. Sungjoo was a transfer student from South Korea who could barely speak sensical Mandarin. It didn’t stop him though, he would ramble on about this or that, without giving much care to if he was making any sense. Sometimes he would even speak Korean to anyone who would lend an ear to listen, eyes bright and warm, happy to talk to someone and to make a friend. Sungjoo was a nice person; kind, polite, everyone enjoyed him even if they didn’t know what he was saying. He was a person you couldn’t help but like.

Yixuan would find himself staring, just watching and listening intently to whatever Sungjoo said or did. It was like magic to Yixuan, some kind of trance only Sungjoo could put him under, there was something about the Korean boy that swept him away. And one day, he noticed a name littered throughout the notebook filled with the beautiful things of the world.

Kim Sungjoo was scrawled everywhere. His laugh, his eyes, his smile, him. Just him. No more did Yixuan write down things like the sun or a painting or the water. It was all Sungjoo. Yixuan flipped back through the pages, to when Sungjoo had shown up on a cloudy, gloomy day where Yixuan didn’t think he’d see the sun… Untill Sunjoo walked through the door. The world was brighter and Yixuan knew everything would be okay if he could just see Sungjoo smile everyday.

Yixuan looked down at the page he had dogeared, it was dated the day of Sungjoo’s arrival. In the morning Yixuan had written about how pretty the sunrise was and later that day he wrote how that sunrise and anything else he had written about previous could never compare to a boy named Kim Sungjoo who could melt Yixuan’s heart with a laugh and who smiled brighter than the sun.