TaeJin // Mailbox

Infrequent Collection

title, mailbox ;

​> pairing: taejin
> genre: fluff
> word count: 750w
> prompt: “my friend told me your mailbox on a dare and when i went to do the dare you were leaving the house to get your mail but i didn’t notice so now you’re staring at me as i your mailbox” au
> note: jin and jimin are siblings in this with the last name kim and taehyung is the neighbor acquaintance that is amused
> im so sorry for writing this crap but i had too bc of random prompts i found on tumblr that are ridiculous and i needed to use them. its my new life goal to use every single one of these prompts
p.s sorry for any mistakes such as my life like i literally typed this in like an hour and idec anymore


 

“Jin hyung, I dare you to go Taehyung’s mailbox!”

Note to self: never listen to Jimin again.

I began to question worth to the world as I walked over Taehyung’s house across the street. I had for some ungodly reason decided to agree to Jimin stupid dare. Why am I so dumb? Whatever, I’ll just the damn mailbox and go on my way, fist ready for Jimin’s stupidly smug face. Making sure no one was looking as I reached the front, I mentally debated for a moment about how stupid this whole thing is and whether or not I should actually do it.

“Goddammit, Jimin,” I muttered, swallowing my pride as I let my tongue slide across the smooth cold surface of the mailbox.

Surprisingly, the mailbox that I thought was going to be covered in dirt and grime was actually really clean and didn’t taste that terrible. I actually started to enjoy it a little before I glanced up and jumped in shock at the sight of Taehyung standing there wide-eyed.

“T-taehyung, It’s not what you think!” I stuttered out. I glared back at Jimin’s smug face as he cracked up. Apparently, Taehyung didn’t get the message and looked mystified as to why I was standing there his mailbox.

“…Jin Hyung… I didn’t know that you’re ually attracted to inanimate objects!”

Well I didn't even know that you knew words that long. Does he even know what that means? Huh, you learn something new every day, I guess.

“I-I’m not!” I try convincing him the best I can. I am so convincing. Not. Ugh.

“Hyung, you don’t have to be embarrassed about it. We all have things we like, and you just like mailboxes!” Taehyung exclaimed, letting loose his signature adorable rectangle smile. I blushed at that. Who allowed him to be this cute!? I swear to god he will be the death of me.

“But I really don’t! Jimin made me your goddamn mailbox!” I glared at Jimin who was now approaching us. It takes a lot of effort containing my embarrassment and urge to punch Jimin in the face for being a little snot.

“Hey, don’t drag me into this, Hyung! Just because you like mailboxes doesn’t mean I like watching you them!”

Jimin, you little . When we get back to the house, you better watch out as you sleep.

“We’ll talk later, Jimin,” I said through my gritted teeth as I tried to keep calm. I could see the slight panic slip onto Jimin’s face and failed to stop the sadistic grin from spreading across my face.

Taehyung, as confused as ever, spoke out after a minute of silence. “Well, since you two need to sort out your mailbox problems, I’m just going to take my mail and go back into my house.”

Goddammit, now I look like the weirdo to Taehyung. There go my chances getting together with him.

“Oh, Jin hyung! I almost forgot to ask, do you want to get coffee with me later? It’ll probably taste better than my mailbox," I barely heard as my mind was clouded with plans of murdering Jimin.

Oh. Oh. Okay then. He’s teasing me about the mailbox incident now. Let me go erase my memories to get rid of all of this damn embarrassment. Wait… KIM TAEHYUNG JUST ASKED ME OUT. OH MY GOD. IT’S LIKE MY DEEPEST DARKEST DESIRES ARE BEING FULFILLED. Oh god, I think I’m blushing.

Containing my excitement I responded, “S-sure! That would be nice! Here’s my phone number so you can text me later!”

I surprised myself at how bold I was being, but at the moment it really didn’t matter as I took Taehyung’s phone and made a new contact under the name “Jinnie~<3”. Why I did this, I have no clue. Let’s hope Taehyung doesn’t automatically get grossed out and shuns me from his life forever.

“See you later Jinnie Hyung~!” Taehyung skipped back into his house, giggling away at the redness of my face.

As soon as he left me so wallow in my embarrassment, I slapped myself in the face and turned towards Jimin who was just standing there, sporting an amused smirk.

“Jimin, don’t think you’re in the clear just yet,” I reminded. Without even a warning, he ran off screaming bloody murder with his obnoxious high pitched laughter. He got away this time, but he can’t stay away from home forever.

Watch out, Kim Jimin. Watch out.