Chapter 2

Falling for Mr Arrogant
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's official. From now on, I can't show my face again, not after what happened Saturday night. Now I have to avoid Park Chanyeol at all cost. The whole weekend I've been feeling guilty and mostly embarrassed about what I had done to the most popular guy in school. What if people find out; my social life is over! Not that I actually had a good one though, but still. What must he think of me right now? The first thing that I should do is apologise, right? Hopefully, he won't get angry, which I can fully understand if he was. Well, it wasn't my intention, though, it happens right? At least, I'm worried about this the whole time, isn't that enough punishment?

"Okay Kang Hae Ra," I whispered to myself while walking into the school building, looking around to check if Park Chanyeol was around. "You can do this."

How come I'm so nervous, unable to control my heartbeat. Even before the incident, they actually never really saw each other that much, so what are the chances that I would run into him now, right? I was trying to convince myself of the idea that maybe I wouldn't run into him. But of course, the universe always has a plan somehow. 

When I reached my locker, carefully checking my surrounding, I took out my English and History book, quickly put them in my bag, and closed the door. I felt a strange present near me, and my eyes met a familiar face again. My heart dropped at the sight of Park Chanyeol and started to race like a rollercoaster. 

"What…are you…doing here?" I hesitated at first, trying to find my words. How in the world is it possible for them to bump into each other right now? The universe is playing a trick on me, I knew it. 

"Did you get home safe?" Chanyeol responded, with a genuine and sweet smile, which made my heart go faster. 

Was it showing on my face? I surely hope not. That would be embarrassing. Although my whole image was already ruined anyway. 

"Euhm…yes, thank you…for your concern?" I awkwardly answered him if it was a concern, of course. Who knew? I didn't really know what to do or say, how to even react to this whole thing. 

Chanyeol smiled awkwardly as he scratches the back of his head. "It's okay," he said with a low yet sweet tone in his voice. "Next time, be careful, all right?"

I nodded. "I will…"

I noticed that some students were looking weird like we weren't supposed to be talking in the first place, as if something weird was going on here. 

"I should go to class now," I said nervously, trying to avoid the awkwardness between us.

Chanyeol nodded and smiled. 

When I slowly stepped away, I almost forgot to apologise to him. I stopped and turned around to face him again. "By the way, thank you for staying with me…back then. I'm sorry for, well… you know." Because I was so embarrassed, I walked away quickly, without giving him any chance to respond. 

Chanyeol smiled as he watched the girl nervously —almost running away from him. She's interesting somehow. He never met someone 'down to earth' like her. She was different from the girls in his school. The first time he saw her was actually outside of school. He noticed she had the same uniform as him, and saw her helping an old lady cross the busy street. That's when he saw that she has a good heart. From that moment on, whatever she does, he would notice her immediately. Even if she was invisible for the rest of the school, he could see her as clear day and night. 

 

***

 

My mind was somewhere else today, and it was hard to concentrate in class. Somehow I couldn't stop thinking about last Saturday night. The moment I met him kept coming back even if I tried to shrug it off, it wouldn't go away. 

When I heard my name in the background, reality came back to me. I looked up and saw everyone looking at me. 

"Yes, Mrs Han," I answered quickly, pretending I was listening. 

"The principle called you, it's urgent." She said, "You may leave the class."

I nodded and started to gather my things, as the other students were eying me, lo

Please log in to read the full chapter