Chapter 4

Falling for Mr Arrogant
Please log in to read the full chapter

After school, I hurried myself to the coffee shop where I worked as a part-timer. Except for school and working, I didn't have much to do, so better spent my time earning money, I thought. I could use more than ever now since they probably going to kick me out anyway. I seriously had to go and find a new place before that happens. 

Maybe I should ask Chen and Xiumin later if they can help me in this matter. Luckily they were always helpful and supportive people. Even if they were colleagues, they were the best one. In the beginning, they weren't that close, though. But as time goes by, I got to know them, and we naturally grew closer. 

I immediately changed into my uniform and replaced my other colleague, who was there for the morning shift. She left quickly after that, as I started my shift. I didn't feel like working today, but I couldn't let Chen and Xiumin down. Usually, it's quite busy on Thursday, so I had to help. Lots of students come here after school, and people enjoyed their time here during lunch break or after work as well. 

Today I made a lot of mistakes. Even Chen and Xiumin started to notice. I wasn't my usual self lately. A lot has happened to me. My focus was off, and I can't seem to do anything well. 

"Yah, Hae Ra—" 

Xiumin's voice got louder as he grabbed my hand away from the machine. He looked at me with a painful expression which caught me off guard for a moment. I didn't realise what had happened until I felt a burning sensation on my left hand. The moment I looked at it, it hit me. 

"You're really clumsy today," he said. "Are you okay?" He guided me to the sink in the backroom and held my hand under lukewarm water. 

I nodded. "I'm sorry, Oppa." 

"Why are you sorry, silly?" He smiled while he looked through the emergency kit for some oil and bandages. 

"I made a lot of mistakes today," I said then. "I'll do better next time. I promise!"

"Don't worry," he sighed. "You've been through a lot. We all understand. But please be careful, though, it can be dangerous if you're not careful enough." 

I nodded. "Thank you. I will, for sure!" 

Suddenly we could hear Chen's voice calling for us. Xiumin quickly helped me, and we both ran out and quickly helped Chen as it started to get busy. 

"Are you all right?" Chen asked me, looking at my hand.

"I'm okay," I answered him. "Don't worry, I can work."

He nodded and smiled. "Okay then, because I have a lot of orders for you."

"I'll do it instead," Xiumin suggested and winked at me. "Let her get the orders for now."

Chen agreed as we all switched places. "Okay, let's do this!"

 

I didn't really deserve to be treated like this, but they were truly the best people. Even though Chen is quite strict, he's always genuine and sweet at the same time, a very responsible manager. Xiumin has always been helpful to all of us, nothing was too much for him. They're both great! I always admired their strengths and enthusiasm in everything they do. This is also why I liked to work here and help them when needed. 

After the orders, I decided to clean the kitchen a bit, because it was a little mess again. I had to make this place as clean as possible for them to work in. At least I wouldn't burn myself here, I thought. 

Hours went by, and it was almost closing time. Everyone had been working non-stop because it was really busy. Luckily things calmed down at the very end so they could start to clean and prepared everything for the next day. 

"You didn't have to stay this late," Chen said while counting the money with Xiumin for the day. "We can handle it from here."

"It's all right," I said while cleaning each table and chairs. "I felt like I didn't do much today."

"You did more than you think." Xiumin smiled while organising the receipts. "She even cleaned the whole kitchen and stuff…" He said to Chen. 

"Woah, so we're almost done already?" He said, surprisingly. 

Xiumin nodded. 

"You should go home, Hae Ra," Chen said, looking at the clock. "You have school tomorrow!"

I nodded. "You're right, I almost forgot!" 

"This girl," Xiumin laughed. "Go, we can do the rest, no worries!" 

"You guys sure?" I asked them again. 

"We are!" They both said in unison. "Go!" They laughed. 

I decided to listen to them and changed back into my school uniform. I checked my locker if I had everything and went out again. 

"All right Oppa's, I'm going now!"

"See you again on Saturday!" They both said and waved. 

 

The moment I stepped out, I saw a familiar figure again and sighed. Not again, I thought. How did he even find me? Are they stalking me or following me everywhere I go now? Can I even report this? 

"You have to be kidding me?" You could hear the frustration in my voice, I was very much annoyed. 

"Good evening, Ms Kang Hae Ra-shi," Suho bowed politely. 

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Was I may be too harsh, I wasn't sure, probably… but I was also too tired for this. 

"Why are you here?" 

"Let me take you home, please," Suho answered and made a gesture with his arm for me to follow him.

"I can go home by myself," I said back, not knowing if he was ever going to leave me alone. "Please, you can go now." 

"I have to follow orders." He said back, with a sterner face. 

I was slightly surprised and taken aback by his attitude, but somehow it was funny in a good way.

"Please tell him I don't want to see him."

"He wants to talk to you very soon." Suho insisted. 

Suddenly Xiumin and Chen came out and noticed that I was still here. They both looked surprised and confused at the same time.

"What's going on here?" Chen asked me, looking strangely at the other guy, named Suho. 

Please log in to read the full chapter