Him

With love, Chanyeol

"Mr. Park?"

 

He tears his gaze away from outside the window and looks at the driver through the rearview mirror, "Sorry, you were saying something?"

 

The car slowly comes to a stop at a red light, the driver speaks again "I was just wondering sir if you've already made plans for the upcoming weekend because if not, I was going to ask if I could take the days off sir." Chanyeol smiles at the old man and nods his head, "I'm just gonna be visiting my parents but you can take the weekend off, Mr. Chung. I can drive myself there."

 

"Are you sure sir? I can always drive you there first and -" Chanyeol chuckles cutting off his driver midsentence, "It's fine, Mr. Chung; you haven't seen your family in awhile, it's best you spend time with them."

 

His driver gives him a smile through the rearview mirror and a slight bow of the head in gratitude, as the light turns green the car begins to move once again. When it arrives at its destination it was pouring rain, two guards on stand by brave the rain with open umbrellas as the car door opens and Chanyeol exits the vehicle. Everyone greets him as he enters the lobby of the hotel and a lady leads him to the cafe lounge where an old man was waiting for him. As soon as Chanyeol was in view, the man stands up and Chanyeol greets him with a bow before inviting him to sit down.

 

"Thank you for meeting with me, Mr. Park" the old man says before gesturing at his male secretary and the latter hands over an envelope to Chanyeol. He opens it up and reads through the documents inside then after awhile, he tucks it back in and smiles at the old man sitting across him. The man returns the smile and they both shook hands, "Everything is in order. Thank you for trusting us with your company's security, Mr. Lee."

 

And just like that, Chanyeol walks out of the hotel with a check containing a hefty bounty. Such was life for him. On the way home, he asks his driver to make a quick stop somewhere and he ends up inside a jewelry shop. A female approaches him as he enters and he smiles at her, "Hi, I need your help."

 

Finally, he arrives at home.

 

He presses on the glass for the number combination to his home's lock and with a beep, it unlocks and he enters. The scent of something cooking through his nostrils and as he walks down the hall to the open living, dining and kitchen, he sees a female's back turned to him seemingly busy with cooking in the kitchen. On the island charcuterie board, two empty wine glasses and a bottle of champagne. The unsuspecting female turns around and jumps back a bit in surprise upon seeing Chanyeol. He chuckles at her whereas she frowns at him, "You scared me." she says as she takes off her apron and throws it on the side of the island counter before walking around it to approach him.

 

He welcomes her with open arms and she drowns herself in his embrace, he presses a kiss on the side of her temple before asking, "What's the occassion?"

 

"Well..." she starts, breaking away from his embrace to pick up the bottle of champagne and turns to him with a proud smile on her face, "I closed a deal today, the client loved the designs we did for her home." Chanyeol approaches her once more with a bright smile, wrapping his arms around her once more and presses a kiss on her lips, "Congratulations, love!" she laughs and hands him the bottle, Chanyeol pops it open and pours the drinks for them both and they both do a toast. "And it seems to me that it's a double celebration." she says and he looks at her with a brow raised, she chuckles and gently pulls the envelope on his hand to which he laughs, "I guess you're right."

 

"Congratulations, baby." She tells him before giving him a peck on the lips.

 

But just as he was about to deepen the kiss, the bell of the oven chimes and she rounds the island once again to get back to her cooking. Chanyeol sets himself down on one of the chairs and from the corner of his eye spots some mail. He puts down his glass and reaches for them, "Oh yeah, those arrived today at the mail." the female informs him as she pulls out the steak from the oven. He browses through it nonchalantly but stops at one letter in particular.

 

It was from his old high school and it was an invitation to a reunion.

 

His memories of the past come flooding in and he swallows hard upon remembering one person in particular.

 

"Are you okay?" the voice of his girlfriend cuts him off his thoughts and he smiles at her, "I'm fine."

 

She looks down at the envelope in his hand and chuckles, "Ahh... I see. Reunion, huh?" he sighs and tosses the envelopes aside before grabbing his glass once more and takes a sip of the champagne. "I'm not going." he declares making her chuckle, "Why not? Reunions are fun, baby."

 

He shakes his head and lets out a sigh, "I'd rather not... I like living in the 'now'" he says. She leans back on the counter, crosses her arms and a brow up at him then with a teasing smirk she asks, "...or don't you mean there's a particular someone that you don't want to see?" Chanyeol rolls his eyes at her in response but the woman only laughs, "Chanyeol, there's no harm in seeing someone again after six years besides... she was your bestfriend."

 

"You know..." he props an arm on the counter and rests his chin against his palm looking at her, "in the movies, the girlfriend usually discourages these things."

 

She chuckles, "Why? It's not like you're going to cheat on me."

 

"Well what if it happens?" he quips, she leans forward on the island counter and looks at him with a soft smile -it was something about her that he just couldn't bring himself to resist. "Baby..." she starts, "you know you're not that kind of guy." he smiles at her before taking in a deep breath. She turns her back onto him once more to attend to the resting steak on the opposite counter and while doing so, he pulls out the small box from his pocket and rounds the island counter so he was standing directly behind her.

 

Chanyeol wraps his arms around her waist and she momentarily puts down the condiments when she spots the blue velvet box tucked safely inside one of his hands.

 

"What's that?" she asks in curiosity and he pops it open revealing a diamond ring. She turns to him awkwardly from the side trying to stop a smile, "Chanyeol?" but he doesn't say anything and instead pulls out the ring from the box and inserts it on her finger then rests his chin on her shoulder as she holds out her hand admiring the band.

 

"This is me..." he says, "saying I love you."



Chanyeol was sure of it.