Rumors

Water and Oil Chronicles

“I heard you’re getting close with someone from the company?”  Kangta asked as he motioned to pour more soju on Hyesung’s empty glass.  Buzzed from the drinks, all Hyesung could do was nod in reply. 

“Look,” Kangta went on as he put one arm over Hyesung’s shoulders.  “Let me tell you something as a senior.  I know what you’re going through…so don’t do it.  It’s a bad idea.”

Hyesung didn’t need to hear this.  Just a few days ago, Soo Young told him that she needed to focus on their promotions. So, while he had already considered them to be officially dating, apparently Soo Young thought otherwise.

He should’ve expected it not to work though, because they barely even saw each other, but he had been too ignorant to believe that their feelings alone were enough.  And now, his senior was even telling him not to pursue the relationship.

“This industry is filled with beautiful people. I mean, look at this guy!” Kangta exclaimed as he pointed to a knocked down Lee Ji Hoon across them, “He is a very attractive guy.  Of course, you don’t see me going after him.  Because our career should always come first!”

Kangta said the last statement with such drunken conviction; he almost fell off his stool. Luckily, Hyesung was able to grab him despite their equally drunken state.

“C’mon sunbae, stop nagging me about this!  I didn’t go out with you guys just to get nagged at.  Besides, it’s over.”  Hyesung admitted as he massaged his temples, hoping it’ll help clear his mind off the alcohol-induced haze. At the corner of his eye, he could see Kangta taking a sidelong glance at him.

“Really?”  

“Yes.  Soo Young ended it not long ago.”

With his admittance, he hoped that his senior would drop the matter.  However, his admission only seemed to confuse Kangta all the more. “Wait…Soo Young? I thought you were with Eric?”

Kangta’s question immediately pulled him out of his drunken stupor “What?! No! Why would I be with Eric? He’s a guy!”

“But…” Kangta, whose eyebrows were now bunched up from all the alcohol and confusion, interjected “He confronted me about you…I figured you two were dating by how overprotective he was of you.”

“How dare he?!” Hyesung exclaimed between heavy, drawn out breathes, “He’s got the nerve to threaten MY friends, when he’s the one who’s barely got time ever since he—he got that thing going on with Yoo whatshername?!”

It was true too.  He’d only gotten to know Kangta and Lee Ji Hoon better after Eric stopped sticking to him like glue. This was totally his fault!

“Wait…so, you’re not together? You don’t have feelings for him?”

“N-no of course not!” Of course not! He’s got a girlfriend.

Hyesung froze at his own thoughts. The fact that Eric’s got a girlfriend should’ve been irrelevant because, regardless, he would never be attracted to someone like him. Especially since he’s a guy.

Right?

Leaning his head against his right palm, Hyesung started to massage his temples again.  This must be the drink talking. He said to himself.

Just then, another thought occurred to him.

“Sunbae…”He called to Kangta, and when the other man replied with a grunt, he went on to ask, “So, earlier—when you said you’ve been through the same thing—You were thinking about it in terms of Eric and me?”

At this, Kangta’s gaze darted to the sleeping Ji Hoon, before meeting Hyesung's.

“I think,” Kangta said, suddenly stuttering, ”we should call it a night.”

 


 

A/N: Well, whaddya know! Another new chappie!kkk

This is just another funny bit...hope you guys will find the humor in this too!lol

Wrote this because I wanted to include Group S into the mix!kkk

And, as always, I'd like to end this note with a short BUT sincere thanks to my readers!  Thank you so much for being patient with me, for reading, subscribing, commenting, upvoting, and for just being amazingly cool people!

Oh, and a late happy new year to all!kkk