Group Date

Water and Oil Chronicles

Hyesung’s mouth stood agape, as he shifted his eyes from Eric’s smirk, to Soo Young’s questioning look, and finally to the blank stares of everyone else around them.

“Pil Kyo-ssi, can I talk to you for a second?”

Before he could even respond, he felt himself being dragged away from the small party .“What’s this about Jung Pil Kyo?”

He looked back at Soo Young, whose face was currently scrunched into a frown, and felt his mouth dry up as he turned around again to the little party on their table, who were casually chatting with each other. 

Tonight was supposed to be his first official date with Soo Young, something he’d planned for a whole month on top of the months he had spent trying to build up the courage to ask her out.  Naturally, he had wanted things to be perfect, and it started well enough.  He was able to sneak out their dorm, pick up the flowers he ordered beforehand, and reach their meeting place before Soo Young arrived.  She had loved the flowers, and he even managed to hold her hand on their way to the restaurant.

However, when they arrived to their 7PM reservation, he found that the table he booked for two has been changed to six, and found Eric and Minwoo together with the rest of Soo Young’s team.

“You’re late.”

Eric remarked passively when they neared their table, obviously surprised at the party that greeted them, though it seemed Eric didn’t mind and turned his attention back to Yoo Jin, who was hanging on to his every word.  He then turned to Minwoo, who merely shrugged and held his hand up to acknowledge them, while Bada lit up at the sight of them. “Soo Young-ah!  You guys are here!  Come, sit!”

“Eric oppa was worried that you guys weren’t able to sneak out, but lucky you made it!” Bada continued with her chatter as Hyesung and Soo Young  blankly settled into their seats.  “Here’s to the first of many joint trainee escapades!”

While everyone raised their glasses for the toast, Hyesung glanced over at Soo Young, who seemed as bewildered as he was.  He had prepared himself for a night of romance—even expected a kiss when the night was done.  Instead, he found himself with the same rowdy group that he’s always with, and no sign of a romantic night ahead of him.

He turned his attention to Eric, who he assumed had planned this whole thing, and was going to confront him for it when Eric moved closer to Yoo Jin and whispered something in her ear, causing her to blush.

Somehow, that scene bothered him more than it should have.  After all, were they even close? From what he knew , Eric barely talked to anyone outside their group.  So, why was he suddenly so familiar with the female trainees, and why were they sitting so close?

“ I-I thought it was going to be just us…”

Soo Young’s words snapped him out of his reverie.  The hesitation in her voice, along with the uneasy look that was on her face, made Hyesung realize that Soo Young assumed he was in on Eric’s—well, at least he assumed it was Eric’s—plan.  “Wait…Soo Young-ssi, let’s just join them for now, and maybe later—“

“No, I think I’m going back. I’m not feeling very good.”

Hyesung looked at the girl in front of him, who had her gaze casted on the floor, and turned again to the party they broke away from.  Once again, he noticed the way Yoo Jin was leaning slightly towards Eric, and couldn’t help but question their relationship, when Eric raised his hand and put it around her shoulder, before turning to glance over their direction.

Quickly, Hyesung turned around just as Eric was about to meet his gaze and, taking Soo Young’s hand, led her out of the restaurant.  “Come, I’ll take you home.  I’m not feeling too good either.”

 


A/N:

An update, this time featuring members of S.E.S.  (S.E.S. fans, please don't hate on me, ok? lol)

This chapter was inspired by real accounts from MW and Yoo Jin. 

So, yeah, Eric here seemed a bit toned down, but that's only because they have company.  You know how shy he is when it comes with other people.  

Once again, thank you again for all the support--subs, upvote, comments--I love them all! Keep them coming!!!kkk