Blind

Water and Oil Chronicles

“Here Angel, let me help you.”  Eric said as he rushed to Hyesung’s side.

“I told you, I don’t need help. “  Hyesung snapped as he brushed Eric’s hand away.

It was past midnight and everyone had already retired to their respective rooms—that is, everyone except Eric. “How am I supposed to believe that when you won’t show it to me?!”

For the nth time since Hyesung returned to the dorm, Eric reached out for Hyesung’s sunglasses, and like before, Hyesung slapped his hand away.  “I said no!  I—it’s still all puffy and gross.”

“C’mon, you know I don’t mind.”  Eric insisted and Hyesung believed him.  Only, he couldn’t bring himself to let Eric see his disfigured face.

That afternoon, their managers brought Dongwan, Junjin, and him to a clinic for some minor “enhancement surgery” consultation, which ended up with them being led into separate operating rooms, and though they technically gave their consent to it, it still left Hyesung feeling uneasy and, admittedly, a bit regretful.

“Look, if you really want to help, you’ll give me time to rest so it’ll speed up the healing process.”

Eric tutted as he backed off a bit from Hyesung and settled to the edge of the bed, although his gaze was still fixed on him.  “Why did they have to ask you to do that anyway?  You don’t need it.  Your voice enough will earn you success in this industry.”

Hyesung breathed a sigh of exasperation, as he returned Eric’s gaze.  Of course, this guy wouldn’t understand.  The one thing this guy had going for him was his looks.  Well, okay, it wasn’t just his looks, but his looks played a big part in it, especially his eyes.  They were the kind that stares right into your soul.  And his lips—full and inviting, oftentimes teasing, especially when the corners curl up into a smirk.

Hyesung shook his head to clear the thought away.  Lately, he’s been feeling a bit off, though maybe it’s just because their debut date is nearing.  Still, the feeling sometimes goes away, like when he’s with Soo Young, but as soon as they’re together with other people, his restlessness comes back.

He’s grown overly sensitive with his fellow trainees too, particularly with Eric and Yoo Jin’s growing fondness for each other, although whether or not he’s envious of how natural their relationship developed while he remained unable to initiate skinship with his own girlfriend, he’s not quite sure.  In any case, his insides turn cold every time he sees Yoo Jin look at Eric with those adoring eyes, and he finds himself being swept by an overwhelming sense of inadequacy.  “Someone as good looking as you wouldn’t understand.”  

He was about to say more, when he looked up to find Eric with an unusual expression on his face. “What now?!”

The unusual expression turned out to be a suppressed grin.  “You said I was good looking.” 

Hyesung felt a slight panic rise up from his chest, though he’s not quite sure why.  Sure, he just called a member good looking, but the members have always been generous with their compliments.  “Yah!  I only said that cause I can’t see clearly right now!”

“Hey, no take backs!”

Hyesung huffed in resignation and turned away from Eric.  What’s the big deal about being called good looking anyway? He’s sure Eric’s heard it a hundred times before. “Fine. You’re really good looking. Too good looking that even I sometimes find it hard to tear my gaze away from you.  So, don’t assume you know how it feels for single lidded guys like me. I mean, even my own girlfriend prefers guys with double eyelids.”

For a moment, Hyesung pondered if he said too much.  He probably shouldn’t have mentioned about how he’s been staring at the guy, lest it bloats his ego even more, nor should he have blurted out that bit about Soo Young.  After all, he didn’t want to make it seem like he was not satisfied with his current relationship, considering how well the other guy was doing.

He was going to say something to neutralize his last statement when, once again, he caught the older guy staring at him.  This time though, the gaze lingered, as if scrutinizing every inch of Hyesung’s face. “Did Soo Young tell you that? Is that why you agreed to the surgery?”

“No, it isn’t like that!” Hyesung felt his face fluster at Eric’s question. “I just know, that’s all.”

“Well,” Eric started as he made his way towards the door, pausing for a moment to turn to him with these last words, before leaving. “Single or double eyelids, it doesn’t matter.  If it was me, I’d love you all the same.”

Hyesung watched as the door closed with a soft click, before he realized he was holding his breath.

 


 

A/N: Sooo, this is a tricky chapter, mainly because it tackles a subject that has got even fangirls debating amongst themselves.  We know that Hyesung has had something done, though we can only speculate the rest of the details.  There are a lot of conflicting opinions as to what surgery he did, and when,  but I decided to use the account from their 2012 Win Win episode (meaning during their last year in high school, right before they debuted) because it's the only one that has been confirmed (or the only one that I could confirm!kkk). For plot, I used double eyelid instead because, well, it's easier!kkk

Anyway, are you guys confused with where this story is going?kkk  Right now, I can only update on this story because most of my time is spent doing JunJin duties!lol  I hope you're not bored yet!lol  

Once again a big thank you to my subscribers, commenters, and upvoters!!! I wuvvvvvv you!! <3 <3 <3