Shooting Star

Water and Oil Chronicles

 “Okay, humour me.  What have you got against the name Shin Hye Sung?”

Ever since Lee Soo Man announced in their meeting that Hyesung would officially be using that name for their promotions, Eric has been tailing him and whining about it. This didn’t make any sense to Hyesung, especially since he’s been using the name ever since the CEO suggested it in his auditions. Besides, the CEO also changed Choong Jae’s name to Jun Jin, yet he doesn’t see Eric complaining about that.

“It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“My Korean name is Mun Jung Hyuk.”

“So?”

“It means the sun.”

Having trained with Eric for over a year now, Hyesung knew how weird conversations with him would go. However, this by far was the most frustratingly confusing conversation he’s had with the guy. “What’s that got to do with my name?!” Hyesung replied with a mark of irritation.

“Everything!” Eric exclaimed in bewilderment—as if implying that Hyesung was the one not making sense at all. “If I’m the sun and you’re a star, that means we never could meet!”

“That’s just—“ Hyesung started to say as a retort, but words failed to describe just how utterly preposterous Eric’s idea was to him. After all, who takes name meanings seriously at this day and age?

It’s not even my real name so it shouldn’t count.

The thought occurred to him so naturally that he wasn’t sure if he was thinking it to console Eric, or himself.

“Anyway, it doesn’t matter.  I’ll just call you Pilkyo!”

Eric sudden declaration snapped Hyesung back to reality, “Eric, do you really have to?"

“Wae? Would you rather I call you angel?”

There was no winning an argument with this man.

 

 


A/N:  Hello guys! I know this isn't the most interesting (or thought-out) of updates...kkk...but I just felt the need to do something for Eric's birthday, especially since I missed doing something special for Hyesung's birthday last year.

So yeah, here's a short funny (at least i hope) bit for ya all!

Once again, thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting and for generally being patient with me!kkk

Now, join me in greeting Eric HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ^^