Yeah I guess

He'd Settle

It had been about a week since their hushed confession during their day off, and to an outsider, nothing had changed. They approached the other members the day after their confession with sweaty palms and murmurs, but to their surprise, all the other members were happy for the two. Everyone wished Wonwoo and Mingyu the best, although there was a very stern and very short 'no ' pep talk from Seungcheol. Mingyu laughed nervously at that, and his cheeks flared an angry red. Sure, he'd be lying if he said that he didn't think of his new boyfriend in that way, but he wasn't ready to but those thoughts into action just yet.

The only real thing that changed was that now Mingyu and Wonwoo had a mattress especially for them, where they spent their nights cuddled together.

It was another day of practice, preparing for shows and appearances and anything else that they could be working for. Mingyu and Wonwoo were awakened by a way too smiley Seokmin, and Wonwoo groaned, grabbing Mingyu tighter and burying his face into the back of the younger's neck to try and drift back into the sleep he was so desperate for. Although Mingyu wanted nothing more than to stay in the older's arms for the rest of the day, he knew they had a photoshoot to prepare for. He slowly turned around, and kissed the tip of Wonwoo's nose.

"Hyung, wake up" as Mingyu spoke, Wonwoo's eyes fluttered open as he smiled at the sight of his boyfriend.

Wonwoo hummed in acknowledgement and with the assistance of Mingyu, finally sat up on their mattress. Mingyu looked at his Hyung, with adorable bed head and a sleepy face. Unable to help himself, Mingyu sat in-between his hyung's legs and ran his fingers through the messy hair, trying to save it. Wonwoo hummed, and leaned towards the touch.

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to fall back asleep." Wonwoo mumbled, nearly asleep again.

Mingyu laughed and lightly clapped his hands on Wonwoo's cheeks, urging him to wake up completely.

"Come on, we have a photoshoot to prepare for." Mingyu said, standing up and stretching his limbs, letting out a yawn and extending his hand towards his boyfriend to help him up. Wonwoo took his hand and stood on shaky feet, eyes opening half way as he rubbed them with the sleeves of his sweater. Once he was fully standing, he placed a chaste kiss on the younger's lips and slowly made his way to their shared closet to get ready for the day. Mingyu remained frozen in place, smiling as a faint blush dusted his cheeks.

They dressed quickly, although when Mingyu put on a sweater that Wonwoo recognized as his, the older blushed, immediately hiding his face because Mingyu should not look that cute in his clothing.

It was another one of those rare days off, and Wonwoo wanted to take this time as an opportunity to take his boyfriend on a proper date. They rarely had the time to go out on normal dates because of their tight schedules. This led to their dates generally consisting of watching bad romantic comedies and kissing, then cuddling until they fell asleep. Though Wonwoo certainly didn’t have any complaints, he wanted to be able to treat his dongsaeng to dinner.

The restaurant he called before wasn’t fancy, but he knew that it was Mingyu’s favorite place to get bulgogi, and since the younger had mentioned wanting meat, he figured it was a good idea.

Wonwoo didn’t tell Mingyu where he was taking him, just that they were going to dinner and to dress nicely, but not necessarily fancy. Mingyu was excited, he hadn’t been on a proper date in a long time, and never with someone he’d been so emotionally invested in.

The trip to the restaurant was awkward to say the least. They walked side by side, while their hands occasionally brushed against each other. Wonwoo was trying to talk himself into grabbing the younger’s hand, while Mingyu was wondering why Wonwoo wasn’t holding his hand or making any significant contact. By the time Wonwoo had completely talking himself into just going for it and grabbing Mingyu’s hand, they had already arrived at the restaurant. Wonwoo stopped in front of the door, gesturing for Mingyu to enter, letting his hand rest protectively on Mingyu’s lower back as he walked in the door.

After they had ordered, Mingyu realized how little he actually knew about his Hyung. Sure, he knew that he was a good dancer and a rapper but he didn’t know any mundane facts about the older, like his favorite color or what his guilty pleasure drama was.

“So,” Mingyu said, eyes skimming across Wonwoo’s soft features “I want to know more about you.”

“Haven’t we lived in the same dorm for two years? At this point you should know too much about me.” Wonwoo laughed, looking at Mingyu with warm eyes.

“I feel like I don’t know enough, like if I took a cheesy couples quiz online, it would probably say that we weren’t even together.” Mingyu argues, moving his hands a little too quickly, almost knocking down his glass of water.

They spent the rest of the time before their food arrived interviewing each other about things they liked, disliked, loved, and hated. They talked about anything that came to mind, until Mingyu was satisfied that any quiz he would take online would insist that they were ready to marry.

As their waiter arrived at their table shortly, heaping servings of bulgogi in hand, both boys’ mouths began to water. Once the food was placed in front of them, they each started attacking their plates and side dishes like animals, temporarily forgetting about each other’s presence and only focusing on feeding themselves.

“This is so good Hyung! This is actually my favorite bulgogi place by the way,” Mingyu mentioned, immediately stuffing a piece of lettuce wrapped meat into his mouth, cheeks bulging ridiculously.

Wonwoo smiled as he swallowed his own bite of food. “I’m glad that you like it. I actually heard you say you loved this place a couple weeks ago, I thought it was worth it to take you here.” He said, shyly looking at the younger as if he’d get made fun of.

“Really? That was even before you asked me out. Hyung, you’re so cute!” Mingyu cooed, leaning forward to lightly squeeze the older’s cheek with one hand. “I hope you like it too,” he mentioned, looking at his hyung.

“It doesn’t matter if the food is good,” Wonwoo said, shoving more food in his mouth. Mingyu’s eyebrows raised in question, mouth to full to ask why.

“No matter where I went I would have had a good time, I got to spend it with you.” He added shyly, looking to the younger to see his reaction.

Mingyu seemed to like what Wonwoo said because he put his hands over his heart in an exaggerated expression, and pretended to nearly faint. They both laughed, and continued to flirt like middle schoolers through the rest of their meal.

Returning to the dorm after their meal was much less awkward then walking to it, as they walked hand in hand in a comfortable silence, enjoying the evening chill. As they approached the entrance to their dorm, Wonwoo stopped the younger from going in.

“What is it?” Mingyu asked, hand still idly resting on the doorknob.

“I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing date today,” Wonwoo responded, smiling up at the younger.

“I should be thanking you hyung, you paid for the meal after all.” Mingyu laughed, dropping his hand from the door and fully facing his boyfriend.

“But I wanted to thank you for even being here, for even confessing to me because I was too scared to. Thank you for being with me at all, not just today.” Wonwoo said, smiling. He moved closer to the other, putting his hands on his waist and pulling them together. He’d been thinking about kissing the younger the whole night, and finally had his chance. Wonwoo began to lean in towards the other’s lips, Mingyu’s eyes closing in anticipation as the door swung open.

“Woah guys I thought I heard you guys yapping out here, but I didn’t expect to see this” Seungcheol said, shooing the two apart and into the dorm room. “So you guys had a good date huh?” he asked, grinning at the two as he closed the door behind himself, joining the other members in the living room.

Mingyu and Wonwoo looked at each other and then at their group members, blush gently dusting their cheeks as they struggled to come up with a response. Eventually Mingyu muttered out “Yeah, I guess” as he clung onto the older, burying his face into Wonwoo’s neck and squeezing him. Wonwoo just looped his arms around Mingyu, smiling sheepishly at his other members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that it's been so long, but I think I'm done with this fic. Please let me know if you'd like any other meanie fics, and I'd be happy to try and write them for you guys! Thank you guys so much for reading this (I can't believe it has gotten 1,000 views, crazy!)