Can We Just Sleep?

He'd Settle

It was their first day off in months since their debut. Mingyu and Wonwoo had been consistently sleeping together since then, slightly closer than normal friends would, but not close enough to raise suspicion. Neither one of them knew about the other’s crush, and played it off as fan service, even when there were no cameras to be seen.

Everyone wanted to go out on their day off, to explore the city and just enjoy themselves, as they haven’t been able to relax in ages. Wonwoo much preferred to take this opportunity to catch up on his sleep, and Mingyu could not agree more. Maybe he’d take this opportunity to swallow his pride and tell the older how he felt.

At eleven, Mingyu decided that it was either now or never, and turned around to face his hyung, who was still sleeping. He lightly poked the older, looking at his face as it contorted slightly, fighting to hold onto his much-needed sleep. As Wonwoo cracked his eyes open, he weakly smiled at his dongsaeng. He thought that Mingyu looked cute, eyes wide in surprise, his cheeks turning a faint pink as he tried to come up with a reason as to why he was disrupting Wonwoo’s beauty sleep.

“Hey Hyung?” Mingyu asked in a whisper, not wanting to bother the other sleeping boys.

“Yeah?” Wonwoo responded, sitting up, holding onto his blankets and fighting the urge to curl back into them and ignore the younger.

Wonwoo was nervous about what Mingyu wanted to say. Had he noticed the crush he had? Was he disgusted? Uncomfortable? Thoughts of his inevitable discovery and rejection raced around in his head, oblivious to the words Mingyu was speaking.

“Hello? Earth to Wonwoo,” Mingyu teased, shaking his Hyung out of his trance like state.  The older nodded at him, looking into his eyes and he froze.

He knew that there was little hope for his crush being mutual. Being gay in Korea wasn’t exactly common, and even if Wonwoo was gay the chances of the older liking him was even slimmer. However, he could not keep his emotions bottled up forever, because if by some chance Wonwoo did like him, he would get to experience a whole world of emotions from the older that were just for him. Just the thought of a potential relationship gave him the courage to confess to his crush.

“I uh.. I like you Hyung. Not in the I think you’re really cool way, which I guess I do too, but in the I think you’re really cute and I want to hold your hand and kiss you and go on cute dates with you kinda way. I know you probably don’t like me…” Mingyu rambled on about his feelings, avoiding eye contact with Wonwoo and focusing on his shoes instead. If he had looked up at the older, he would see flushed cheeks and the ghost of a smile behind wide eyes filled with shock.

“Mingyu.” Wonwoo said, cutting off Mingyu who was probably running out of breath considering how fast he was talking. “It’s okay.” He said, smiling warmly at the younger as he tried to calm him down.

“You don’t hate me?” Mingyu asked, eyes widening in surprise. Even though the older didn’t like him back, it was nice knowing that at least he wasn’t hated and had a shot at making their relationship into more of a comfortable friendship.

“No, Why would I?” Wonwoo asked “I like you too.”

Mingyu’s face was blank. Was this really happening? Was the boy that he had fallen for months ago really saying that not only did he not hate him, but also that he liked him back? Mingyu couldn’t believe it.

“What-“ The younger tried to form words, although his brain wasn’t working properly and he ended up looking more like a fish out of water.

Wonwoo smiled at him, he was so cute whenever he was confused or thinking, and prolonged the moment a little bit until he explained himself.

“Look. I like you also in the not I think you’re cool way. I want to go on cute dates with you, I want to hold your hand. I want all that mushy relationship stuff with you too.” He went on, looking into Mingyu’s eyes as they flashed with realization and immediately lit up in excitement.

“Does that mean you want to-“

“Yes Mingyu, I want to go out with you. I would like to be your boyfriend but today can we just sleep? Not to make you sad but you did wake me up and I am still very tired” Wonwoo yawned, stretching his arm as he lifted the blanket, motioning for the younger to join him.

Mingyu smiled wide as he curled into the man he could now call his boyfriend, and soon fell asleep to the rhythmic breathing and warm chest of the other.

 


A/N

Hey everybody thanks so much for subscribing and commenting, let me know what you thought of it! Sorry for the long wait to update i got some really bad writers block and wasnt inspired to write much lately. Ive been working on my other stories too, I've written some BTS fics so check them out too please!

Thanks for reading <3