Summer of 2010 - Part 5

[HIATUS] Hits & Misses

Part Five

     The day is definitely turning out to be a mixture of agreeable and hopeful. There's a certain refreshing scent in the air that maybe only Kim Sung Gyu is aware of. His band has just found a replacement drummer and lead guitarist in the form of flower boys from the film major. He doesn't usually pick members solely on looks but they have mad (this is an exaggeration of course) skills and they sync well with the rest of his band members. The extra attention would probably be nice as well, but it's not like his band 'Kontrol' needs the extra boost. They're popular because of their music and the other members aren't half as bad if he may say so himself. It's just unfortunate that two (twin brothers) left for China to start their own musical careers.

 

     The best thing about today is that he now has enough time to eat with Soo Jung and treat her to a proper lunch; this time without their cliques. He's glad that his best friend has finally managed to snag her own friends though he admits that he would still want to be on top of her friend list, not that he's threatened by the new ones. Regardless of how busy Soo Jung is hanging out with her new set of friends, he knows that she'll make time, she always does.

 

     He was about to message her the location of a nearby food joint that he's been  wanting to try since one if his classmates  how great the food was when he received a katalk message from Soo Jung. He smiles, this is simply telepathy.

 

     What the message says changes his mood though.

 

~O~

 

     Soo Jung sighs. Of all the times that she could be stuck in a group meeting, why does it have to be now when her free lunch is waiting for her.

 

     "Oh... I thought you were messaging Gyu-sunbaenim..." Sung Jong inquired.

 

     "I was..."

 

     "You changed his name on your contact list? Did he find out your nickname for him?" Myeong Eun leans in and pitches in on the conversation.

         

     "Namchingyu was kinda obvious though... If he did see that, our Soo Jung unnie here would've probably dug herself a hole." Myeong Eun giggled as if it's the most amusing thing in the world.

 

     Soo Jung buries her face on her arms in embarrassment. She honestly didn't mean to let that name stay saved on her phone contact list but seeing it makes her smile and the absurdity of it all isn't lost to her. It's just... It was nice to have it there, though she'd probably melt into a puddle of shame if Sung Gyu did see it. He’d endlessly, good thing she decided it was silly and deleted it before that incident happened.

 

     "Speaking of Sung Gyu-sunbae. Aren't you supposed to meet him for lunch right now?"

 

      Soo Jung groans, response muffled by her shirt sleeve.

 

      "Noona, you can go to that lunch date, we'll take care of everything..." She looks hopefully at Sung Jong who's now busy sorting out the modules that they need to work on for their assigned research. As much as she wanted to go and do as she was told, she doesn't feel comfortable leaving the two to do the job while she goes on... Soo Jung shakes her head; she's making a big deal out of this. It’s not like their going on a date. They've gone out several times, being in college doesn't change anything.

 

      "Don't worry about it, unnie. You can just pay us back by doing the musical scales..." Myeong Eun was deliberately pushing her off her seat. "Go get your man!"

 

     "It's not--"

 

     "Hwaiting!" The two cheered.

 

     She ponders if she still has time to kill two people and bury their bodies before her lunch appointment.