Summer of 2010 - Part 3

[HIATUS] Hits & Misses

Part Three

 

        If she thinks the entire first semester was of adjustments and making acquaintances and having fun, the remaining is the entire opposite. The adjustments have been made and she has met new acquaintances but the actual studying is starting to be a pain.

 

        “I’m tired... My eyes are burning...” Lee Sung Jong, a humanities classmate stretches his long limbs. They’ve been studying for the midterms for a couple of hours now. She admits her eyes are straining.

 

        “I think we should go back to studying inside the music club room. The library is hopeless. Not unless that group stop hanging out there...” Park Myeong Eun, starts packing her books. Soo Jung also thinks it’s a good idea to study somewhere else. Those notorious boys have been lording over a certain area inside the library, most freshmen are unable to study in peace. One of them is Lee Ho Won, the guy with Jang Dong Woo in his hip hop duo “H”.

 

        He’s been really obnoxious from the start. Annoying to a certain level that she wanted to quit the project feature. She’s only staying because Dong Woo-sunbaenim has been exceptionally nice to her.

 

        “I’m thinking of quitting that hip hop thingy if that guy doesn’t stop being air-headed. He thinks he’s all that just because he’s what you call a triple treat. Aish! He’s really annoying...”

 

        Sung Jong pats Myeong Eun in the head. Whispering ‘endure, endure’ as he helps her stand up.

 

        Right, they need to endure.

~0~

 

        Her first encounter with the notorious Lee Ho Won, or ‘Ho Ya’ as he wants everyone to call him, is at the history shelves of the library. She was going through titles for a research project. Accidentally stepping on something, she stopped when she realized someone was sleeping there.

 

        “Are you blind?” the guy say’s menacingly. Not even sparing her a glance

 

        “Why are you sleeping here?” she bites back. Sung Gyu’s first advice to her is to never be intimidated.

 

        The guy looks up and for the first time in her University life, she’s not glad to see a familiar face. “Lee Ho Won-sunbaenim...”

 

        “I remember you were there when I expressly said that freshmen should never ever call me by my real name, right?” He says this without moving from his current position.

 

        “I apologize, sunbaenim... Still, the library isn’t a place to sleep. Can you move a bit, please? I’m trying to look for a book...”

 

        The thug stood up and left with a glare. She’ll worry about the consequences later. There are more important things to think about.

 

 

~0~

 

Sorry Jungie-ya. I won’t be able to go with you to dinner.

Something came up... Oh and I’d deal with Ho Ya for you.

Don’t worry so much~ It’ll make you look old

 

SG ^^v

 

           

                Lee Soo Jung sighs, she cancelled hanging out with Sung Jong and Myeong Eun for this and now she’s been abandoned. She guesses she would need to get used to eating alone once in a while. Everybody’s going to start being busy sooner or later, with exams week coming up. She doesn’t even know if she’ll have time to eat or not. But still...

 

I’ll survive. You owe me two dinners though >:)

SJ

 

        She sighs again, making her way toward the cafeteria. She really hates eating alone, but she probably needs to get used to it. An arm suddenly draped over her shoulder. She smiles thinking Kim Sung Gyu was just playing with her.

 

        “I knew you’d be threatened of buying me dinner...”

 

        “Why would I?”

 

        That doesn’t sound like Sung Gyu. She immediately shrugged the arm from her shoulder and looked at the person beside her.

 

        “You’re accompanying me to dinner...”

 

        Lee.Ho.Won. She hates that everything that comes out of his mouth is an order with an underlying threat. He uses that tone to the entire freshman students. More than scared, she’s miffed at his air of confidence. Does he think he’s in some TV drama or something?

 

“Why would I? I’m perfectly fine on my own, thank you...” She left him not bothering to look at his reaction. The things that she has to deal with kept piling up; when she imagined stress she didn’t include this. She doesn’t like to live a KDrama life. She’s not even that interesting.

 

I’m taking up that offer of you dealing with Lee Ho Won

Forget about buying me dinner

SJ :(

 

    A few weeks after that incident Kim Sung Gyu has made sure that Soo Jung doesn’t eat lunch or dinner or her meals alone. Not that he’s always present on any of those outings, he’s commissioned a few of his friends to accompany her most of the time though. It’s a bit weird for them, but Kim Sung Gyu did promise that he’d watch over her.

 

        It’s just... when has that purple loving punk become a threat?