05;

What To Do With All This Freedom

When you woke up the next day, later than you'd planned, the swelling on your ankle had visibly gone down, but it was still there, and you knew you'd have to stay off it for the rest of the day unless you wanted it to ruin your entire vacation. Better to sit one day out than all of ten.

When the knock on your door woke you up, in the haze between dreams and reality you could hardly remember where you were let alone all that had happened the night before. In the very least you expected it to be the serving lady with breakfast, but it was Hoseok's cheery sing-song voice that followed the knocking.

''Room serviiiice,'' he announced in a very Hoseok kind of English, all Rs turned into Ls and all that. You grinned before you told him to come in, not knowing Yoongi was there too, in tow.

When he stepped in, that's when you remembered. Your heart went into overdrive at the sight of him, that tiny knowing smile on his face making you burn all over. He didn't say anything, however; he just went to prep another cold fix for your ankle.

''Your food would have grown its own food by the time you woke up, noona,'' Hoseok said as he gave you the tray once you pulled up to sit. You couldn't help bursting into laughter, though.

''Thank you, Seok-ah,'' you said honestly before grabbing a bite of the bagel, ''You guys ate?''

''It's almost noon, of course we ate,'' Yoongi said as soon as he was back with the wrapped up ice.

''The swelling is already down, Yoongi, you don't have to- Ahh,'' you'd started, but you were already hissing at the sudden cold sensation.

''Yeah, I have to. We want that gone by tomorrow, right?''

''It will be gone either way.''

''Don't be a kid and it up, eh? It's being a kid that got you into this mess.''

''Being a kid-? Ya! It's you that's being an ahjussi instead!''

''Ahjussi? Agh, this woman, really-''

''Aaaand you guys are back to normal,'' Hoseok quipped, before going for the door, ''Bye!''

''Ya! Jung Hoseok! Don't leave me alone with him!'' you shouted, but Hoseok was already out that door.

''Damn him,'' you muttered, grabbing another bite.

''If I remember clearly, you wanted me to stay with you last night,'' he teased, his grin all teeth and gums. He looked so cute, he really had no right to it.

''Last night you weren't being an .''

''The cover of night changes a man,'' he said dramatically, and not knowing whether to laugh or throw a pillow at him, you did both.

''Ya, when are you going to stop hurting me? This is domestic violence, if I'm going to be your boyfriend-''

Poof. Another pillow. The way it cut off his sentence and left him all eyes closed and hair messy had you laughing all over again.

''You done eating? Because I'm ready for payback.''

''Nope,'' you smiled, continuing to eat at the slowest pace humanely possible.

''Agh. It's day two and I'm already losing this fight. You look cute like this too. Ah, frustrating,'' he ruffled his hair in mock frustration.

''Ya, Min Yoongi. What's this side of you? You almost look cool. Like a drama protagonist,'' you teased.

''It's not that I'm like a drama protagonist but the other way around,'' he winked.

''Get over yourself,'' you laughed, but seeing you all cheery had him laughing with you too.

''So what do we have planned today?'' you asked as you munched on some more.

''Nothing until your ankle's healed.''

''What are you talking about, you guys are so not gonna suffer because of me-''

''We came here together, we do things together,'' he said, ''Namjoon's words actually.''

''What, is he insane? Gimme your phone.''

''What,'' he looked taken aback a bit and confused, almost panicky and it looked so funny, ''What do you need my phone for, use your own!''

''Mine's dead and I didn't leave it to charge before I went to sleep, now come on,'' you beckoned with your hand, ''What, is there something I'm not supposed to see?'' you teased.

''Ya, this woman, really,'' he grumbled to himself as he pulled the phone out of his pocket, unlocked it, and put it in your hand.

''Sup.''

''Namjoon, are you nuts? What is this I hear about you guys not going anywhere without me? That's ridiculous-''

''Listen,'' he started in his almost perfect English, ''You get well and tomorrow we'll all go to this crazy party downtown-''

''No,'' you intercepted, ''Wha- just- get over here!''

''Can't. I'm on the toilet.''

''Gross!''

''Well, you called-,'' he chuckled. Yoongi then took the phone only to put it on speaker. He was always easily annoyed by being kept in the dark in any way.

''Ugh, just let me get this mental picture out of my head. Okay,'' you said, ''Listen. It's Friday night. You guys are gonna go out tonight. Then we're gonna go out tomorrow again. Okay?''

''So what, you're just gonna stay behind alone? No way.''

''That's n-''

''I'll stay with her,'' Yoongi chimed in, which left both you and Namjoon in a short moment of stunned silence. You wanted to tell Yoongi he didn't have to stay because of you, but you also didn't want it to come across as you not wanting him to stay, so you just said nothing.

''Oh,'' Namjoon said, before he picked it up, ''Oh! Ohohoho, okay, hyung!''

''Shut up, Namjoon,'' Yoongi retorted, ''Just go before she loads you into a canon and fires you onto the moon.''

''Okay, okay. Message received. Namjoon out,'' he ended the call.

''Gross,'' you said again.

Yoongi helped you remove the dish as you hopped into the bathroom to go wash your teeth without ruining the cold fix. He kept throwing in a ''Need help?'' which warmed your heart, but you were fresh and dressed pretty soon all by yourself and he gave you the first kiss that day before both of you went out the door to pretend like nothing's going on. This whole thing still felt surreal, and the kiss had your heart fluttering like you were still in high school having a God damn crush, but you tried to shake it off and not to worry about all the consequences as you went out to meet the rest of the guys.

The guys spent the afternoon mostly swimming and having fun in the water, and you were dying a little on the inside not being able to participate, but you still laughed and tried not to be the rain on their parade. Taehyung suggested going to the public beach, but Namjoon was wise to shut the idea down quickly. Getting recognized there would be a chore, and it's not like they could just go play volleyball with girls like the rest of the guys. I mean, they could risk it, but was it worth it? A beach is way too open. Clubs are different. Clubs are regulated.

When the sun went down and the guys started getting ready, you and Yoongi went to Namjoon and Hoseok's place to watch them fumble with different outfits and yank their chains with teasing and comments. The place was crowded and it irritated them even more, but when Yoongi and you teamed up, there was nothing worse and there was no beating you.

''Wow, they really are back to normal,'' Hoseok commented before he closed himself in the bathroom.

''Normal?'' Namjoon said as he buttoned up his shirt in the mirror, before throwing you a glare as you were strewn about on his bed, ''We're gonna talk when I get back. You guys got explaining to do.''

''Tsk, like you'll be able to talk once you're drunk off your ,'' Yoongi snickered.

''Hey. I'm still the leader of this team. I need to know everything.''

''Somehow, you always do,'' you grinned.

Once everyone was ready, they re-grouped at the already over-crowded place. Everyone looked handsome, but Jimin just looked dashing.

''Ahh, Jimin-ah,'' you almost whined, ''You really are the bane of noonas' hearts.''

''Ya,'' Yoongi pinched your side so that no one else could see, and you grinned in response because you'd said that exactly to . Jimin was smiling like a kid on the other side.

''Don't let Jungkook drink too much,'' you warned, ''He gets all touchy and girls love him enough as it is. He has a girlfriend now, mind you.''

''Yah, who do you think I am, noona?!'' Jungkook laughed.

''''Yah''?'' you laughed, ''Did you just say ''yah'' to me?'' you made to move as though to throw something at him, but he grinned and ducked behind Jimin instead.

''Seriously, are you girlfriend patrol?'' Taehyung asked, and Hoseok couldn't help jumping on the bandwagon.

''No, seriously, are you here on her behalf?'' he frowned, ''Speak!''

''Are you guys surprised? Don't you know I'm always on Team Girls?''

''Come on, out, out, let's go,'' Seokjin literally started pushing them at this point until he'd finally ushered them outside.

''Behave,'' Namjoon said before exiting last.

''Ugh, that boy. Now what?''

''I'm trying to think of a perfect way to kill him.''

''I'm serious,'' you lightly punched his arm, ''What's the plan? We've got nothing but time.''

''What do you wanna do?'' he asked.

''Party, but I can't, so.''

''Well, I see no reason we can't get drunk at least.''

''Good thinking. You call room service. I'm gonna take a shower.''

''Need help?''

''Ha ha,'' you said sarcastically from the door.

''Hey, you think they have soju?''

''Highly doubt it, Yoongi, but you can try.''

In about half an hour you were on the beach, sitting on the sand with your feet in the water, two packs of soju bottles next to you. You didn't know what Yoongi had done, but they'd actually found the soju for him. Now you were just enjoying yourself in the purest sense of the word - the warm night, the shimmering water, the waves over your feet, and the sound of them washing up and pulling back. Yoongi's company and alcohol setting in your system. What could be better?

''I don't really like soju,'' you said as you took another small sip.

''Me neither, but what's to like? The point is to get drunk.''

''You're doing life all wrong,'' you said, ''You're supposed to enjoy the drinking and get drunk. Like wine.''

''Like you,'' he said, and you knew he was only half-serious.

''Ahhh, stop being cheesy,'' you whined and he laughed.

''I can't if it makes you this flustered. It's too good.''

''I hate you.''

''You like me more.''

''Unfortunately.''

You both laughed again, and once the laughter died down, you couldn't help but sigh contently.

''I really missed this.''

''Me too.''

Because this is what Yoongi and you were like - whether you were friends or lovers, it didn't matter. You simply clicked. He was your person and you were his, and although all of the guys were close, he didn't quite share this type of connection with any one of s. Neither did you, with your other friends either.

It's like you were recovering all the time you spent on a distance from each other - the conversation just kept pouring out for hours. At one point your head ended up on his shoulder, tipsy as you were, and his lips started innocently on your forehead and temple, his arms around you. When the soju really started kicking in, so did your desire.

You had exactly zero control over your own self once his kisses started deepening, tongue against yours. It was all so hazy, like in a half-dream, yet so hot you felt your skin was scorching. His fingers touching you didn't help at all, and by the time you were on your back and his hand was caressing the skin below your shirt, you'd lost all sense of reality.

But that was all he did - caress the skin of your tummy as you made out. As much as you wanted him like crazy, heat seeping all through your core and puslating, you knew that he was being the smart one. It wasn't so much about being a gentleman as much as it was about taking this thing you had slow. Now that you'd agreed to try this risky business, the least you could do was do everything possible to make it actually work. Besides, if you weren't drunk you'd be thinking more clearly and be less wanting too.

Yet you were perfectly content with this. You wanted it to last forever. The feel of his tongue and lips and the smell and warmth of him, the feeling of his fingertips against your skin, the weight of him against you, the smell of salt in the air and the sound of the sea and some distant clubbing music booming through the air - it all made the moment perfect.

You'd lost track of time. You could have made out for twenty minutes or three hours for all you knew, but you were in his arms still seemingly burning up when the boys came back. They would have found you lying in the sand with your head on Yoongi's chest and nothing else had they actually seen anything, but they were too drunk and loud and hyped up to notice anything. You sat up once you heard them coming, Yoongi shaking off the sleepiness that had taken over him.

''We're here!'' Yoongi waved over, voice a bit groggy, which made all the guys switch direction and walk toward you, sans Namjoon who apparently really needed to go pee first.

''Okay, who's drunk?'' you asked as they started sitting down until you ended up in a circle.

''Everyone,'' Taehyung gave a sleepy smile.

''You too, apparently,'' Jimin pointed at all the bottles, some empty but too many still full. Taehyung immediately reached out and opened one.

''Seokjin seems pretty sober,'' you pointed to him.

''Someone has to play the mom when you're not around,'' he smiled that beautiful, almost shy smile of his.

''True,'' you nodded.

''Noona, how's your foot?'' Jungkook asked.

''Will be as good as new by the morning. Now, how was the club? Somebody start talking.''

''Taehyung and Hoseok danced until they could barely stand, the girls loved Jimin and Jungkook wouldn't stop texting his wife,'' Namjoon announced once he came back and sat down.

''And what about you?'' you asked.

''I remembered why I don't like drinking?''

''What's there to like?'' you and Yoongi said at the same time, looked at each other, before almost snorting into laughter.

''Ah, these two,'' Hoseok said before he laid down his head on Seokjin's lap.

''I told you already-,'' Namjoon started, but Seokjin put a hand over his mouth.

''Nope.''