Her Story

Who's That Girl? [Under Construction]

"Who's That Girl?"

Min Ah, I thought, a nickname I've been called ever since, was just a name I chose because I love Korea and its inhabitants. I wish I could go there and meet my favorite idols. I'm already 18-years-old and graduating this year, I consider myself an adult that's allowed to travel by herself, at least that's what I think. What I'd actually rather do more than just travel is dance, eat, sing, eat, dance, and eat. As a lover of the Korean Republic, I sing and dance to korean songs but to be honest, I actually want to signa  contract and be part of an idol group just like those whom I adore. I mean not just a fan chasing her favorite 'oppas' to the end of the world but to I want to be succesful and happy. Unfortunately, there are no competitions in my country that I could join. I'm not part of a cover group so I can't just go to Korea and sign up without any credentials. I'm not even sure I'm good enough. On a lighter note, I have my weird family that supports me no matter what, or so I thought.

*Min Ah's POV*

"Eottoke?? What should I do How could I be an idol?"
"I can only cop what they are doing... I can't even do freestyle." I stomped my foot and acted mad.
"I'm also not pretty. Aigoo, eotokhe?!" I shouted while my dear friends just continue eating.

One of my friends, Althea, said "You're pretty! Who said you're not pretty? pa-humble?"
"Then take a plane to Korea and go to the stage and sing" Another friend, Mira, said abruptly without looking at me then continued eating.
I rolled my eyes "I don't have that money! Obviously" 
"Maybe I should post videos?!"
"Yeah. You do that." Mira said with full.
I may have said that, but I have no confidence. I'm not pretty either so I don't know what to do.
"I'll try it out" I said without confidence.

 

Christmas came, and so did the New Year. Unexpectedly, I earned a lot of money.
Then I wondered if le parents would allow me to go to Korea while it's still the winter break.
My family wasn't poor, but not rich either. It could be said as 'a-little-above-average'
may kaya
I often asked my mom if she would allow me to be a k-pop star.
Weirdly, she actually agrees.
But this time, I was really nervous because this time, it's very unlikely.
I sigh at the thought of not being allowed. 
Then a lightbulb came on and it was really bright. Just joking...
I'll go with everyone in the family as a 'vacation' and ask to visit places like, entertainment companies. 

Actually even I wouldn't allow this. Actually I would.

 

"Umma! Mom" I shouted from upstairs
"Wae?!?! Why Come down here!"
I think she would really say "Don't call me Umma. Wat does that even mean?"
"Umma! Can we go to South Korea? I like it there!" I naturally said. I wish she wouldn't know what I really want.
"Ah. Go ask your dad. I'm cooking" I rolled my eyes. I would have to go on the internet to ask my dad.
If I start on the internet I start to spazz on my favourite k-pop boy band, Big Bang.
They're just so handsome and cute and awesome and talented! I wish I could meet them...

 

[Later on....]

 

"Yaedeul-a! Kids Time to eat!" Her mom shouted as she set the table
Everyone comes down after a while and settled down on the table.
Once everyone has sat down and the food were all set, they started eating.
"Minnie, what did your dad say?"

 

This is definitely delicious. "He said we could go. He said he'd handle all the additional things. I doubt he would, though."
"Umma! I know some places there and there's somewhere I wanted to go. Can we go there?"
"Alright. We'll see." I was very excited but kept my poker face.
I hid all my happiness inside until I got into my room.
I jumped up and down and up and down to the point that my feet reached until my thighs.
I wanted to cry out to express my happiness but that would give me away.
I shouted in a way that I felt like I was shouting loudly but only little sound came out.
Tomorrow, we're going to South Korea. And in Seoul!
I wish I could join the auditions in Superstar K. Or maybe I should just go on Star King? I will show them my awesome flexibility. ㅋㅋㅋ

 

The next day, I decided to waste my time dancing and singing in my own room.
I was too excited to do anything else. Since I already had my things packed, I had time to waste.
While those other people did things that I don't even know or noticed.

I'm really excited for this trip.
I looked through my stuff and double-checked if I left anything.
I brought heavier bags and luggage than the rest. Obviously, what do I think I would do there?
The only excuse I could muster up was "I don't know what to choose!" But of course, the real reason is a secret.
I made 100% sure that all my money was kept somewhere hidden and then went on read my little book to learn korean a little bit more.
I remember when we went Christmas caroling. 
But seriously. I was really surprised at how much money I earned.
I knew our relatives were rich but... I didn't know they were this rich.....

[A few minutes later...]

"Umma~! Wake up!" I shouted, from the door of her room.
These guys, really..... I'm the first to wake up but our flight is in 2 hours.
I started cooking for everyone. Unfortunately - I laughed to myself - I can only cook egg and pancake.
So that is exactly what I did cook. And I added in some juice.
"Yah! Unnie!
 older sister Oppa! older brother Wake up!" I shouted again and started going upstairs to take a bath.

*Unnie's POV*

I scratch my eyes as I try to open them. 
"What the is happening?" I ask in an annoyed voice.
"It's like 2 in the morning"
I realize no one is answering so I decided to stand up and check out what was that annoying voice I heard.
"Mwo?! What" I shouted back in a loud voice to the annoying voice and no one answered.
I scratched my head in annoyance.
I walk downstairs and took a whiff of the good smell and started walking towards it.
I find myself standing by the table.
I sat myself down and started eating.

*Michelle's POV*

I thought I heard something but then I ignored it after it stopped.
I prepared my clothes to change into. 



I stepped in the bathroom and checked the water's temperature.
I decided it was warm and started taking a bath. You erts I won't say what I was doing in the CR :P


I could feel the hot water against my skin.
And suddenly a smile spread across my face in excitement wondering what to do first when I do get there.
I closed my eyes and smiled at the thought.

[After the bath...]

I step out of the bathroom drying my hair off with a towel as I hear voices downstairs.