Blue

Love, Haneul (사랑의, 하늘)

It was Saturday, I was in my room making the fake profile all by myself. But Minseo wanted to help do the talking to other people, I would do the talking when Sungjoon is on and is able to talk to me – I mean, the fake profile.

 

I named her, Kwon Soojin.

 

“You ready?” asked Minseo on the phone, I had it on speaker. I nodded and told her what to do, I waited until night.

 

Bang Sungjoon accepted your friend request

 

That was the only one I wanted to see, that was my goal, my aim and now – game on.

 

Kim Jongdae accepted your friend request

 

What the hell? Why would Minseo add him? Whatever, I don’t care.

 

I sent Sungjoon a message.

 

Kwon Soojin: Hey! :)

 

A few minutes later, I got a message. I immediately open it and wasn’t expecting Jongdae to message.

 

Kim Jongdae: Hello~

Kwon Soojin: Hi

 

I didn’t expect me to answer but I was curious.

 

Kim Jongdae: You look familiar, have we met?

Kwon Soojin: Nope, I believe I don’t.

Kim Jongdae: Okay, so which school do you go to?

 

And that night we ended talking until midnight.

 

 

The next day, I went to the café and sat at the usual place with my phone in my hand at all times.

I saw that Minseo also talked to Jongdae and I had to check everytime so I knew what we’re talking about. Minseo even told me that Sungjoon hasn’t answered our message.

 

“Hey, what’s up besides checking your phone every second like your life depends on it.” Soora gave me black bean noodles she ordered with sodas.

I closed my phone for a while, “I think, Jongdae has feelings for Soojin.”

“What? That’s crazy.”

“I know, now he just confessed.”

 

I showed her the message and then called Minseo, she rushed over to the café.

 

“Why don’t you tell Jongdae? He’s our best friend,” Minseo said.

“Me? You’re the one who told me about the SNS fake whatever!” my voice suddenly was louder than Minseo. We both paused and realized it was the first time we ever fought over something stupid. “As much I wanna say a lot, but we have to tell,” she sat on the couch, “one way or another.” She was right.

 

“Hold on, I am getting so much notification. Kwon Soojin is so fam…” I stopped.

 

I was in awe, stunned, speechless, shocked, whatever words that could describe shock.

 

“This is fake!”

“She’s fake!”

“Hey!! Who do you think you are to manipulate into thinking Jongdae love you!”

“Jongdae, she’s fake, why do you even like her?”

“Get her out of your relationship Jongdae, she’s just using you.”

“I know who they are! Their last names start with Ra and Kim.”

 

Minseo, Soora and I looked at each other. How did they find out?

“I think we must’ve said something to trigger them,” said Minseo. I rubbed my face and ruffled my hair. “Exam is on Tuesday, how are we supposed to face them? They know WHO WE ARE!” Minseo groaned in anger.

 

The girls who knew who we are, were the girls who thought Jongdae is everybody’s boyfriend or what .

They were too smart.

 

Now, Jongdae knew it was us. His best friends, the one he trust and we broke it.

I knew something was going to happen, but I didn’t care and just go with it. Sungjoon didn’t even reply my message and HIM! I wanted to manipulate him, I wanted to feel how I feel when he broke my heart after giving me signals that were not mixed and confused obviously.

I wanted him to suffer.

 

Instead, I made my best friend liking the fake profile and I know how gullible he was when with girls. He was now hurt, students in school knew who we are and our reputation went down low.

 

“Don’t worry, I am here by your side.” Minseo pat my back and walked out the café.

“Hey! You said you’d be by my side!”

“Not now, my dad called, it’s almost 9PM!” she smiled cheekily and waved goodbye.

 

I didn’t have the guts to open the profile, but I did. It was full of hatred and a message from Jongdae.

 

Kim Jongdae: Thank you.

 

That hurt me, my heart stung and the feeling was shutting me down. How was I supposed to face them tomorrow?

“Be strong, I wish I was there with you by your side tomorrow. Now go home, you need a lot of rest to face your fears.” Soora hugged me and that was the last thing I need.

 

To Be Continued