Bonus 2

Gone Missing

This is chapter 22 in Sunggyu's POV.


After the gang leader was handed over to the police by Mio, I called out Howon for a small request. “What do you want me to do hyung?” he asked incredulously. I kept a finger to my lips to indicate he should be quieter, motioning that there was still people around.

 

“I want you to take the other members out for a while. Go to a bar, or at dance club – I don’t care. I have… something to take care of.” I glanced over my shoulder to see Mio sitting on one of the folded chairs, her gaze transfixed to the ground as if she was deeply thinking about something, almost looking... distant.

 

With a nod (and a seemingly questionable look to me) he managed to drive everyone out of the headquarters, leaving just Mio and I in the room. She looked up from her hands and saw me, slowly rising from her seat. “He – he only wanted revenge,” Mio stuttered, making me raise an eyebrow. “the money he bargained in the drug deals he kept and ran away with. He really didn’t intend to hurt any of you guys, for he knew he was going against the superior, which is you of course.”

 

I looked down to the floor, hiding a keen smile from my lips. How cute. She even talks like a cop. Her lack of knowledge and feign of innocence almost makes me wants to laugh out loud – almost. I had to get it together, for there was still a small part of me that nagged to still keep my suspicions on her. My eyes caught sight of her arm, showing clearly, her scar. Then I remembered about that she mentioned earlier; how the gang leader not intentionally hurting us.

 

“Yet, you got hurt yourself.” I mumbled. When she heard those words she quickly hid it behind her back and, to make it less awkward, she chuckled lightly.

 

“I’m fine, I told you that already.” I can tell she was feeling uneasy. I continued to stare at her, her wary eyes looking as big as a deer’s. Deciding that I should give her some slack I sighed and looked away from Mio, changing the topic entirely.

 

“Arasseo, let’s forget about him. He was a useless person to work with anyway. By chance, do you really have no where else to stay, besides your own home?”

 

Surely, she was surprised by my sudden question. “I’ve lived there for most of my life.”

 

“But you’re struggling with paying your loan, aren’t you? Isn’t it hard to live alone?” I pressed on the information – well, the alibi that she has been posing with. She soon squinted her eyes, crossing her arms as if what I said offended her.

 

“Your point is?” , I’m losing her now. C’mon Sunggyu, focus!

 

“What I’m trying to say is that I’m offering you another place to stay. I want you to stay at my place instead.” I bit my bottom lip, waiting for her answer.

 

“S-Sunggyu-ssi...” she stuttered. I didn’t get why she was blushing, but soon I myself understood and my blood began to rush to my cheeks.

 

“Ah, what you're thinking, it's not like that.” I shook my hands in front of me. “I feel bad that you’re going through paying off the debt, let alone you took this job under Borderline. I mean, think of it this way: I’m not saying for you to live under my roof forever, but just until you pay it off. It’ll be easier too, since you’re working with us and the commute back and forth will be less of a hassle. What do you say?” I tried to smooth it over as subtle as possible, all the while I had two outcomes in my mind: she either will accept or she won’t. But my main goal that I’m trying to get, is to make sure she is dead under my hands. And with that said, I had to make sure she was close under my watch. Lure her in like a little fish, then catch her within the trap being set.

 

After a few moments she gave in, and said yes. I couldn’t help but put a little devilish grin on my lips. I explained that she can pick up her belongings sometime in the afternoon, before I called a driver to take her back at her home. Once she left the headquarters it only took me a second before I pounded a hand on the crumbling cement wall in frustration, before slowly descending to my knees and combing back my hair in stress.

 

Why the did I say that?!

 

>>>>><<<<< 

 

I hung out with Dongwoo later that day, as we discussed a conversation over coffee at a local café. I made sure that my identity was different in the public, thus I ended up wearing a pair of glasses; as so did Dongwoo. I explained about the situation with Mio earlier, all the way up to letting her stay at my mansion.

 

“Here’s my question to you hyung: why are you contradicting yourself?” I took a sip of my coffee, letting the hot bitter liquid run down my throat before opening my mouth.

 

“What are you talking about?” I questioned. He shrugged, though there was a small smile hinting at his lips.

 

“You say that you want to get rid of her, but somehow it just seems the complete opposite. You say that you want to kill her, but somehow it’s the complete opposite. You say that you hate her...but it seems to be the complete opposite. Don’t you get it Sunggyu hyung?

 

“There’s something about her, I don’t what it is exactly, but whatever it is seems to be changing you, and you haven’t realized it yourself.” Those words struck me deeply, as my stomach settled in for a sunken feeling. Have I really been acting differently? All because of Mio?

 

Our little coffee talk ended abruptly when I got a call from the butler saying that Mio was at our mansion already. Dongwoo managed to drive me back before he had to go to the headquarters – he got an in call of a shipment of drugs coming from the Philippines that Borderline had to organize.

 

As soon as I have been dropped off I headed inside as my maid greeted me and motioned me to go up the office. I walked across the hall slowly, seeing the door in front of me closed. Taking a deep breath, I cleared my throat, getting my phone from my pocket and dialed a number. It only took two rings when I heard the other line pick up: “Hello?”

 

I smiled, already turning the knob to enter the room. Mio turned around from where she was standing at my desk, her face in surprise, as she held the office phone close to her ear. “Good. My butler brought you here first.” I turned off my cell phone and gestured for her to sit down on the red velvet couch, with me sitting across from her.

 

“Now that you’re here, I have something to discuss with you about.” I leaned forward with my fingers together on my knees. The words from Dongwoo triggered in my head.


Flashback

 

Dongwoo laughed. “You have another set of feelings towards Mio, one that you’re trying to avoid over. Truth is Sunggyu hyung, as harsh as it is, you have to accept it. Otherwise it becomes a bigger storm than it already is.”

 

“Feelings?”

 

He nodded. “Here’s a hint: it’s quite the opposite of how you usually act toward our drug deals and cops – the opposite of how you treat this cop, especially.”

 

“God, what are you trying to say Dongwoo? Just say it already!”

 

But he clearly wanted to tease me about this. “Answer this question... why do you want to keep Mio Aoshi, a cop, so close to an underground boss like you? What about her makes her special?”

 


 

Present

 

Why do I want to keep Mio close to me?

 

It’s a simple answer, Dongwoo. And I feel stupid for not knowing it earlier.

 

It’s because I love her. I fell in love with the cop Mio Aoshi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Hello! I know it has been quite a while since I last updated this story, or at least put in an effort to write a bonus shot, but finally I did! (with a little help of catching up with my shows ROFL).

Anyway, if you want more please do subscribe and comment, feedback is highly appreciated! Also check out my other stories too if you'd like :)
See you guys on my next update! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B