BONUS 1

Gone Missing

Bonus: Chapter 17

> Sunggyu <

 

I took one last glance at the mirror and adjusted my tie to make sure there's no wrinkles on it. I got a knock on my bedroom door and turning it around I see it was the maid.

 

"Hello Mr. Kim. Are you heading to work now?" with a quick fix of my hair I turned around and gave a solemn nod.

 

"Yes I am. When I come home will you be able to wash the carrots for dinner?"

 

With a reply of 'yes' I followed her out fresh with my suit and headed to the main living room. I grabbed my watch and the car keys before heading out the door of the mansion, taking a deep breath as I looked up the sky briefly just before I closed my eyes.

 

I didn't think this time would come sooner. I felt that yesterday's events just came by in a flash. This girl... Mio Aoshi... the same girl who saved me at least twice when I nearly bled to death on the streets from the gang fights. She was just a person with the strange tendency to aid others even for a potentially dangerous stranger like me.

 

But until I realized, when I saw her again at that bar, something was indeed odd about her. I had the courage to even search for her whereabouts, gathering information. I'm an underground boss for crying out loud – to me even the most ordinary people can be suspicious. So when I found out she's a cop I even had more of the rage to get rid of her.

 

Just the thought of it got me to smirk as I continued to drive. When I made a u-turn out of the highway my phone rang. I got my ear piece and picked it up, though not knowing that it was Dongwoo. “Hyung, I was right wasn't I? It's the same girl from before?”

 

Yeah, it's her all right. The same one who saved me last time.” I sighed.

 

So! Aren't you happy that you found her?”

 

Happy? Course I am. Knowing that she's a cop, that gives me more the plan to kill her. But she doesn't know that... does she know that?” I asked then.

 

Do you think I'm stupid hyung? I didn't tell her anything,” he chuckled. “hell, I didn't even tell the others about her identity which you said not to anyway.” Dongwoo was the only one among Borderline members that I told him about Mio, so everything about her was kept only between the two of us. I wasn't sure why I told him only, but the instinct that I just felt he was the right person to trust.

 

Have you even considered that Mio saved your not only once, but twice? I just find it a little harsh that you only hired her to only throw her later? Maybe she can really be useful to us.”

 

Yah, Dongwoo.” I spoke up. “She's a cop. For all I know she hunts down criminals like us. What makes you think that I would give her a chance to be part of Borderline? That's literally putting our enemy into our territory.”

 

Okay, but how come you let her come in anyway knowing the fact that she is a cop, and that she poses a threat to our business?” Dongwoo retorted. That made me stay quiet for a little bit, which I then heard him scoff over the line with a little subtle 'I thought so'. I tried to counteract that fact but really I was just speechless. I felt heat rising up to my cheeks and again I heard him call my name over the line.

 

I did it so she can get the taste of her own medicine.” I gritted my teeth. “I'm doing it for revenge. That I'm not a guy to mess around with.” with that I yanked the ear piece out and and that ended the call with Dongwoo. Anger fumed through me. I'm Satan in the streets. No one messes with me. I gripped my steering wheel and pressed down on the brake hard, accelerating to a faster speed and sped off across the highway without a care in the world.

 

><

 

Ideally I dragged Mio to capture one of the old gangs that used to work with me in the drug dealing business, highly expecting that she wouldn't make it out alive of the single warehouse. Yet the moment she went in I got a little tap on the shoulder by Sungjong. “Hyung... are we really going to get her to do this for us? We're basically planning a murder.

 

Again, I didn't think about the consequences for this situation. I only wanted to ruin that cop's life for thinking that she could easily take me to prison. But for some reason, hearing what Sungjong said brought me to be hesitant, especially at the moment where gun shots rung out in the building. The hand in my pocket slowly turned into a fist and I unconsciously gnawed on my bottom lip; my hard expression loosening.

 

Is she... really dead? There were crude shouts soon following after the noise, then a mere moment of silence. My breath was caught in the back of my throat. A few of the other boys all seemed to remain almost neutral and not at all fazed by it. Around minutes – almost to an hour later – we soon see two figures hobbling off out of the warehouse.

 

The moment I saw Mio however my heart elicited with relief that I actually let out a loud sigh from my lips, though she (through the commotion) and the other members didn't hear me, thankfully. Mio crossed her arms across her chest and I managed to clear my throat.

 

You caught him.” I say with a subtle firm tone to hide my disbelief. She nodded.

 

Yeah, I did. After beating up his little gang dead he immediately surrendered.”

 

Did he?” we looked over at the perpetrator and to my surprise he looked almost ashamed. I guess he really didn't know he would get caught in the end.

 

Without another word out to say Sungyeol gently pulled the latter out into the other car to be brought back to the headquarters. I decided to go along with the two and before I followed suit I turned around. “Dongwoo, take Mio and drive her back. I'll stick with the perpetrator.” I instructed.

 

Yes hyung.” Dongwoo bowed and glancing over his shoulder he motioned Mio to follow with the simplest words of 'let's go'. Mio didn't say anything and kept her head down, walking past the other curious glances of the boys and even the crude one shot down to her by Woohyun. My eyes continued to follow her until she stepped inside the black SUV and out of sight.

 

The drive back was a little unsettling. Sungyeol drove with no words and I sat in the back with the perpetrator, not even glancing at his way. My thoughts kept reeling to Mio and I, so much that I didn't even notice we already arrived just minutes afterward. Sungyeol got out first the leader out into our building past the main room and into a much smaller one ideally for the interrogation. “Since he's locked up, I'll go and-”

 

Let me. I'll get him to talk.” Mio intervened. Everyone, including me, stared in surprise. I lowered my gaze on her. I really was contemplating whether or not I should let her question him instead of me doing the job. After all, she was a cop. When I saw her quickly glance back at the man her expression faltered a little – almost like a flicker before returning back to her hard state.

 

Perhaps, did she know the gang leader? The tension between the two (and I guess I'm the only one who caught on) was clearly obvious. Something must have happened between the two back at the warehouse. I would know because the man of his little gang, when I first worked with him, was a little of a hot-headed guy and at foremost also very stubborn too.

 

How do we know we can trust you?” L then shot out, daring to even step toward her. But Mio didn't flinch at all by his words. I couldn't help but smile inwardly. She's a lot more braver than she looks, huh?

 

No – it's alright L.” I held out my hand in front of him. “I trust her. She's done well thus far, let her have it.” I wanted to test Mio myself, just out of curiosity. What were her real intentions with this guy in the first place? And if anything, did that pose a potential threat to us? “You've got 5 minutes, but no more than that. I'll do the rest of the talking.” with a subtle nod Howon opened the door and let the two enter the room alone before shutting it behind them.

 

There was an unsettling atmosphere around us, clearly with the awkward glances the boys gave back to me. So there I decided to stand patiently while Howon and L guarded the door. But the moment it opened I slightly was taken back by the much more colder look Mio shot at me. “Give him ten minutes. He doesn't want to talk right now.”

 

I nodded, taking out my hands out of my pockets. “Okay, we'll give him that.” I scanned my eyes down to her wrists and squinted for a better confirmation. There it was – a dried, bloody gash that was slashed across her arm. She took note where I was staring and quickly tried to hide it with the clamp of her hand over it, but even then I still saw it. Immediately I got a sickened feeling in my stomach. “Mio...” I began to call out with worry.

 

I'm fine.” she grunted, storming right by fast and all the way to the washroom and locked herself in it. I couldn't deny that even when she walked past me my eyes followed suit, until she was gone from my sight. I sighed, prying my gaze away from the washroom to see Dongwoo catching my expression. It was his little smirk that I wanted to wipe across his face. He then motioned me to follow him somewhere else, far away from them so they wouldn't hear our conversation.

 

Okay, seriously hyung. You say that you don't care about her but I can see you staring at her almost every 5 minutes.” he accused with a huff.

 

I quickly cleared my throat, eyeing him down. “Yah, I wasn't. What are you implying? That I care for a complete stranger or something?” I rose my voice in a threat.

 

Immediately he just shook his head and put his hands in surrender, though I only sighed in annoyance and strolled past him. What the hell. Clearly not in the mood I bitterly instructed the rest of the Borderline members to go home for the day, for I still had some other work to do at the factory stocks. They haven't question it and easily obliged leaving me in the room.

 

I clenched my fingers and took a deep breath, making my way to the bathroom door. I leaned against the wall of it, resting my open palm and closed my eyes. What flowed through my ears was the sound of sobs. Although it was soft I heard it clear as day. There was a sunken feeling in my stomach, and my heart clenched in my chest.

 

I don't care for Mio at all.

 

She is just a stranger to me.

 

A person whom I will forever call my 'enemy' for being a cop. A girl I'm trying to get rid of her.

 

But somehow, I trail myself right back to beginning. Because I can't get rid of her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

It's been a while, I know.

You have no idea how much I wanted to apologize for my absence, but clearly I didn't have the time to tell you guys (via status update) either.

Let's just say in the most simplest terms school was piling up in my schedule, making me extremely busy. So yeah - I'm 1000x sorry.

I hope this bonus one shot of chapter 17 made it up, I wrote this a while ago and now I finally have the chance to update and put it up online haha XP. I may make more in the future, so please stay subscribed, even comment if you like this kind of POV :)

Okay, hopefully I'll see you guys soon in the future! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B