What Am I To You? What Are You To Me?

"Sorry for Being Late, Seonsangnim!"

   Hani woke up late the next day. She was wide awake til 2:00 AM because she finished answering the questionnaire Junghwa gave her (and with that, she was forced to open her text book), she finished the last half of the comic book she was reading (LE caught her, which leads her to the last thing she did before sleeping), and lastly, read the reviewer her tutor gave her (LE was enraged, saying "You always blame me for 'not waking you up' in the morning but you keep doing this!" And with inhumane speed, Hani switched reading from her comic book to her reviewer, saying "I'm studying here!")

   She regretted reading the comic book. Now she was going to be scolded by Dr. Park for being late AGAIN. 

   She was still feeling sleepy, lazily going down the stairs with a slightly burnt toast in her hand. She, every 10 seconds, pinched her arm with her free hand to try to keep herself awake, which seems to be effective.

   Once she was on the ground floor of the dorm, she sprinted out and headed straight to the school grounds. But just when she was about to reach the entrance of the school building, a hand pulled her quite forcefully and led her a few feet away from the entrance. With the action, her toast fell on the ground.

   Two female sophomores scanned her from head to toe. She knew they were sophomores at the sight of their neckties (brown for freshmen, black for sophomores, red for juniors and black with gold accents for seniors). Hani raised an eyebrow, trying to hide the shock, fear, and pressure running in her veins.

   "Excuse me, but it would be nice if you could let me go since I'm already late for my class." Hani said, avoiding eye contact. She looked at the windows of the school building instead, as if trying to ask someone to look out the window and send help. So far, no one did. 

   "We know. But we would like to ask a few questions before letting you go." Girl #1 said. Just why are these two outside the school building? Shouldn't they be in their respective classrooms?

   Hani was left with no other option. "Fine. Make it quick then." She was slowly losing her cool, calm facade. 

   "You were the girl in the front row in the archery team's training yesterday, am I right?" Girl #2 asked, stepping closer, making Hani take a step back. These two were scary.

   "I guess you're right." Hani looked at the windows again. She saw, from the third floor, by the seventh window from the left, a black haired girl looking out the window. Said girl raised her hand and stood up, and walked away from the window. Hani lost hope.

   "You also went to the cafe after their training, right?" Girl #2 continued her interrogation.

   "Why do you have to know?" Hani felt uneasy, and nervous. Who are they to invade her privacy? 

   "Don't asnwer our questions with questions!" Girl #1 snapped. "What is your relationship with Park Junghwa? Why were you with her in the cafe yesterday?" 

   Hani didn't want to just tell "Oh, Park Junghwa is my tutor and we decided to have a session at the cafe", that would be too embarassing on her part. 

   Just as she was about to reply with a witty response, her eyes saw someone running towards them from the school building. She smirked, making the two sophomores more pissed off. She will thank her savior later.

   "Go back to your classrooms and get lost," Her savior, Park Junghwa, said. "You don't have the permission to approach her like that, ever again."

   The two surprisingly obeyed Junghwa. Hani was the unnie here, why didn't they listen to her? But anyway...

   As soon as the two were out of sight, Hani decided to be the first to break the silence. "Thank you so much, I was out of words earlier!" 

   "I am concerned. I saw you when I peeked from the window. I felt like I needed to do something." Junghwa said, closing her eyes in the process, letting the wind blow against her. Letting her hair flow like black water. Hani caught herself observing Junghwa and looked away.

   "But how did you get out the building, let alone the classroom, just like that?" Hani asked the moment the question popped in her head. Was she some sort of a goddess that makes everyone follow whatever she says?

   "Connections, and good reputation, I guess. I know every faculty and staff here through my father, and I guess my teacher won't mind me missing a few lessons for this." And Hani remembered she IS the top student. How was it possible to forget?

   Hani sighed, and looked again at her fallen toast a few steps from them. Junghwa caught Hani staring, and immediately suggested. "What if we get you breakfast? I know you haven't eaten yet." Junghwa smiled.

    "I'm already late for YOUR FATHER's class." Hani reasoned. But her stomach disagrees, growling right after she finished the sentence. Junghwa laughed.

   "Don't worry, I got you." Junghwa winked. Hani's heart fluttered. "Connections, remember?" She grinned as soon as she saw Hani's face looking as if realization hit her. "So, unnie, what do you want for breakfast?"

    "Well, I have pasta at dorm. I guess I'll just heat it and eat it." Hani remembered. "Thank you for getting me out of trouble, you can go back to your classes now."

    "You don't want me with you anymore?" Junghwa pouted. Hani wanted to say no. Why was she playing with her feelings, goddamn it! "I'll come with you." Junghwa took Hani's hand in hers and pulled her unnie towards the dorm.

 

 

   Hani ended up sitting by the dining table, watching Junghwa do all the work. Hani kept arguing with Junghwa that she should be the one doing these things, it's just that the sophomore was quite stubborn. 

   As soon as the microwave finished heating the pasta, Junghwa got a plate and searched for the plastic fork she saw earlier near the plastic bag where the pasta was in the fridge. She served Hani a plate of the heated pasta and sat on the opposite of Hani.

   "Unnie, where's the questionnaire? I'll check it now." Junghwa stood up and started opening Hani's bag without permission.

   "Just search for it," Hani said after swallowing a mouthful of pasta. She's currently eating, she can't let the pasta cool down, it won't taste as good as it is now!

   Junghwa sat in front of Hani again, a pen in her hand, checking Hani's answers. Hani closed her eyes for a second, and reopened as soon as she felt it was okay to do so. She feels so shy around her, she can't even handle eye contact without melting.

   "You did well, unnie!" Junghwa said after a few minutes. Hani stood up and opened the faucet at the sink and started to wash the plate when Junghwa followed her. 

   "Don't make me surrender now and make you wash it, you've done plenty already." Hani ignored the other girl. Junghwa always finds her ways though, that's what Hani forgot.

   Junghwa's arms were around Hani's waist now. "Let me do it, unnie." She whispered on her unnie's right ear. Hani shuddered at the sudden contact. How can this girl easily do these things?

   Hani won't budge. So Junghwa, from Hani's back, helped Hani scrub the plate clean with the sponge from Hani's hand. Is this girl crazy? Hani was going to be, if Junghwa continues this. 

   Just as Hani thought she was at the extreme point of Junghwa's torture, her dongsaeng decided to rest her chin on Hani's shoulder.

    "Fine! You win!" Hani set the plate on the sink and freed herself from Junghwa's arms.

   Did she always flirt people like this? Hani stood on the end of her bed and let herself fall on the matress.

 

 

   They spent the day studying, and watching movies in Hani's room, and at 4:40 (dismissal time), Junghwa asked Hani if she could get her things from her classroom and leave.

   "Unnie, may I leave now? I still need to gather my things." Junghwa stood up and stretched her arms.

   "You were free to leave as soon as I finished eating earlier, hope you didn't think I forced you to stay here with me." 

   "True, I was the one who forced you to watch movies with me." Junghwa blushed. How can this girl blush at this time, after letting flirty statements go out and initiating skinship earlier? Hani sighed.

   "Thank you though, for doing the errands. LE would be mad if she sees a plate on the sink and stuff not in its proper place." Hani smiled.

   Junghwa was already by the door, then she stopped. "LE?" She asked suddenly. 

   Speak of the devil. The door opened and there was LE, in her PE uniform. LE smirked at Hani and bowed to Junghwa. "Pleased to meet you. Ahn Hyojin, Hani's cousin and roommate." 

   Hani swore, she saw a hint of jealousy in Junghwa's eyes the first time she mentioned LE's name to her. Or maybe it's just her mind, playing tricks on her. 

   "I'm Park Junghwa, pleased to meet you as well. Bye, Hani unnie." Junghwa gave Hani one last smile before she left. LE closed the door and laughed.

   "Tell me honestly, Heeyeon-ah, what is Park Junghwa to you?" LE raised an eyebrow, never erasing that annoying smirk off her face. 

   Honestly, Hani didn't know, too.