END

I'm a ghost who fell in love with a... VAMPIRE?!? (GUILUN VERSION)

Gui Gui’s POV

It was time … eleven o’clock in the evening… I looked at the dark alley. It was pure silence. There was no sound that could be heard…

I didn’t want to go back in here… But I couldn’t do anything. Every time I tried to escape here… I always came back at exactly eleven o’clock in the evening…

I didn’t know why… I didn’t know anything… my name… my family… my friends… I didn’t remember… the reason why I was now a ghost… everything about me…

I was the only one who named myself.

I wanted to search who I was… but I couldn’t get away too far…

But that was not the only reason why I wanted to escape this place…

Suddenly, I heard it… footsteps… It was time… I hid… Maybe that was stupid because I was a ghost and no one could see me anyway… but no… it was all because of him… I knew he 
could sense my presence… he could see me…

“So, what should we do now?” I heard a woman’s voice. It was seductive… A tone I always heard…

I peeked and saw a beautiful woman with long curly hair. She was wearing a miniskirt which showed her long white legs. Her top was very tight, revealing her curves…

She was smiling seductively at him, with her back pressing the wall, her arms hugging his neck… Her face showed a very proud look… like she was so lucky to be with him tonight… but… she was wrong… she would be just like them… those girls he had been with before…

She pulled his face near hers… making their lips touched… until they were kissing passionately… I looked away… I pity her because I knew… his next move would be the end of her…

Just then, I heard it… her scream…

“N-no… Help me…” I heard her weak voice… I wanted to! I wanted to help her! But how? I couldn’t do anything!
I covered my ears. I couldn’t take to hear her screams anymore… I hated this place!

Minutes passed and the silence came back… I peeked once again… There she was… her lifeless body was lying on the ground…

She was dead…

I looked at him and he was looking at her, satisfied… He wiped the blood at the corner of his lips… I could see it… his fangs… the tool he used to kill them… those women he brought here… those women he killed… for his thirst in blood.

He walked away with the body of the woman on his shoulder… I sat on the ground… I felt so guilty… I didn’t do anything for her… for them… I covered my face with my hands.

Here I was again… waiting for the morning to come… so I could go away from this hell of a place…

I remembered the first time I saw him…

I was sitting on the ground… bored as always as I waited for the sun to shine… There were no people in this place… Its silence made the whole place boring. I couldn’t even touch anything… I sighed…

Suddenly, I heard something. Was that a footstep? I stood up, searching the place… This was the first time that someone went here in the evening especially this late. I walked near where I heard the footsteps. There I saw two shadows coming near me. That was when I first saw him… the most handsome man I ever laid my eyes on. His outfit were all black. His jacket made his appearance more attractive. But… he looked so pale.

I looked at the woman beside him. She was so beautiful. She looked like a model. I felt disappointed. What was I thinking? A man as good-looking as him would surely have a girlfriend. And I was dead, for crying out loud! Even if he was single, it would be impossible for him to notice me even see me. Life was really unfair…

But why were they here? Of course, to have ‘fun’. It was a dark alley, anyway. And it was rare for people to come here at this hour.

They walked passed me but I thought I saw him gazed at me. Maybe I was just imagining things. How was that even possible, right?

They stopped with the girl’s back pressing on the wall. My 
eyes widen as I saw them kissing. I quickly turned around.

Don’t tell me they would really do ‘it’ here, in front of me?!? I heard the woman moaned. Oh no! What should I do?

Just then… I heard her scream. W-what were they doing?

“H-help!” I heard her shouted as she screamed once more. I looked at them and my eyes widen as I saw what he was doing to her. I froze at where I was standing as I clearly saw them… his fangs! He was… a vampire!

I didn’t know what to do. My mind was blank. I didn’t know how long it passed until I saw him carried her lifeless body away. But before he could get away… he looked at me… and he smirked…

As morning came, I ran away from that place, hoping that when eleven o’clock in the evening came, I wouldn’t be back at that place again… but it didn’t happen. As that time came, I came back again… in this place…

I thought he would come here again but no, he didn’t. I thought he wouldn’t come again here anymore, but the next evening, he came back… with his new prey…

I looked up as morning came. I stood up and made my way out of this place. I wanted to know what I should do to be able to leave this world… so that I could stop seeing it… seeing him…

But as nightfall came, there were still no improvement. I closed my eyes as I felt myself being pushed back again at that place… I knew he wouldn’t come today. Once he fed himself, he wouldn’t come back the next day or some times for two to three days. Those were the times I felt safe… because he was not around…

The next evening, he came back again with his new prey. I couldn't take this anymore! I made up my mind. I knew he could see me so maybe he could hear me too. I needed to distract him.

Before their lips met, I ran beside him and shouted. True enough, he stopped and looked at me.

“What’s wrong?” I heard the girl asked but we continued looking at each other. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. Why was I afraid of him when there was nothing he could do to me? I was already dead and he couldn’t kill me twice. That thought gave me more strength to stop him.

He straightened his back and turned to me fully. He took a step as I stepped back. He smirked. There was something about him that was making me feel scared of him… It was like he could do something to me… It was like he could make me vanished…

“What’s wrong?” Again, the girl spoke. He turned to her and kissed her hard. His lips travelled down until he was kissing her neck and that was when… he revealed his fangs and… buried them in her neck...

Her eyes widen as she screamed. N-no! Stop!

“S-stop! I said stop it! Don’t kill her!” I shouted but he didn’t listen to me. I went beside him and tried to push him but I couldn’t touch him. “Stop it!”

He looked at me. His eyes turned red… it was scary… so scary that I froze and just looked at his eyes…

He finished drinking her blood and she lied on the floor, lifeless… I looked at her… I felt so worthless… once again, someone was killed and I didn’t do anything about it…

I heard him going near me. I looked at him and he was intently looking at me.

“W-why?” I whispered. He stopped. A few minutes passed and his smirk was back.

“What kind of question is that? I’m a vampire after all,” he answered. “Did you enjoy the show?” he teased.

“Y-you’re heartless,” I whispered.

“I am? But that’s how it is. It’s either I kill them or I vanish.”

“But you shouldn’t do that! They’re innocent!” I shouted. Anger was building inside me. Anger for this man who took away many lives just to exist.

“What will you do now? Kill me? How? You’re nothing but a ghost… a worthless ghost…,” he said as he carried her body and walked away.

I couldn’t say anything… He was right… I was worthless… a worthless ghost…

I expected him to come again but a week passed… and he never came back again…

I should be happy because I wouldn’t see him again… I wouldn't see him take away another life… but it felt like something was missing… and I didn’t know what it was…

Until one night, I heard footsteps… I expected it to be him but for some reason, I felt disappointed seeing it was not him.

An old man was walking in the alley. What was he doing here at this hour? I sighed and just sat on the ground. He was just passing by.

But then I heard the footsteps coming closer.

“Look what we have here! A one lonely spirit,” I heard him said and as I looked up, he was already standing in front of me. My eyes widen. He could see me! I stood up. Who was he? Is he someone like him? A vampire?

“Y-you can see me?” I asked.

“I can, of course, I can. And I can also help you,” he said with a mischievous smile on his face.

“H-help me? I-in what?” I asked as I saw him got a small bottle from his bag. There was a liquid in it.

“In putting you in the hell you are supposed to be in!” he shouted and was about to throw the liquid from the bottle to me but a hand stopped his hand that was holding a bottle.

“And what do you think you’re doing?” a familiar voice spoke. The old man and I looked at the newcomer and there he was… with his red eyes…

“Y-you’re a vampire!” the old man shouted as he trembled. The bottle fell from his hand as he dropped on the ground. He went in front of him, going down as their eyes properly gazed at one another.

“W-what are you going to do?” I asked, thinking that he would kill him. He didn’t look at me, neither spoke a word. Just then, the man fainted.

“I erased his memory of this night,” he answered my question a while ago.

“W-why?” I asked, wanting to know why he saved me. He looked at me. His eyes were no longer red…

“Then should I just let him on what he was supposed to do a while ago? Just tell me and I’ll bring his memory back and let him make you vanished and go to Hell,” he said and I quickly shook my head. I wanted to get away from this place but I definitely didn’t want to go to Hell.

“Y-you came back,” I said before I could stop myself. He smirked.

“Miss me?”

“N-no! I was just… just… wondering.”

“Be careful from now on. There are many people like him.”

“W-who are they?”

“They were the people who put spirits like you in the proper place you should be. And that place, according to them, was Hell.”

“But… I can’t do anything if they really come for me.”

He looked at me as he sighed. I guess he knew that I couldn’t get away from this place as much as I wanted to.

“You still have some business here in this place. Common reasons for ghosts who are experiencing the things you experienced are because they are killed in the place they always pushed back to.”

“So you mean, I was… killed here… in this place?”

“In this kind of place, that is the most convincing reason. It was impossible that you lived here or this place is your favorite. That will make you crazy.”

“But what about those women you killed? They also died here.”

“Hmmm, maybe your death was more horrible than theirs,” he concluded. My eyes widen.

“What kind of death is more horrible than that?” I shouted.

“Maybe because I was the person they were with before they died? That one was sure enough to make them happy,” he said as he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

“So boastful…” I whispered and he chuckled. Wait, was I talking to him?!? I was talking to a vampire comfortably?!? I was talking to someone who I saw killed many people?!?

“Yes, you are,” he answered, reading my thoughts.

“You can read what I am thinking?” I asked him with wide eyes.

“Yes, I can. Every time I went here, actually. I could hear your pleas to stop me in killing them.”

“T-then why didn’t you?”

“Like I said, it was either I kill them or I vanish. It’s just like for humans. They killed animals to give them strength and to continue living. Don’t you think those animals are innocent, too? Just like what you said about those women. And we couldn’t do anything if we were born this way.”

It was pure silence. He was looking at the dark sky. No one had spoken a word. We waited until morning came.

“Come on, let’s go,” he said as he walked away.

“Where?”

“Out from here. You can go away from here once morning came, right?”

“H-how did you know?” He just smirked.

“Come on, before the old man woke up,” he said and I didn’t have a choice but to go with him.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we were walking.

“You want to go farther, right?” he asked and I nodded. What was he planning? “Now, put your hands around my neck,” he ordered but I didn’t move.

“I can’t! I don’t know how to touch---“

“Just concentrate. Put your arms around my neck and think that you are really holding me. Now!” he shouted and I quickly did what he said. I closed my eyes, thinking that I could hold him. It was so hard! I couldn’t do it!

“Concentrate,” he whispered and I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was intently looking at me. Yeah, I wanted to… I wanted to touch him. Just then, I felt strange… He smiled.

“See, you can do it,” he said and true enough, I could feel him!

I smiled but it quickly faded as I noticed we were floating.

“W-what---“ I hugged him tighter and buried my face on his chest as he jumped up.

“Look,” he whispered on my ears that made my heart beat so fast. I didn’t know I could feel something like this.

I looked around and… we were on top of a building. I went and looked around downstairs. I could see everything! It was so nice… so good! Amazing!

“You like it?” he asked and I looked at him with a wide smile on my face. I nodded.

“It’s lovely! This is the first time I saw everything! Come! Let’s go down!” I said as I hold his hand.

“No,” he said.

“Why?” I asked as I frowned.

“I don’t really like going in crowded places in the morning. I only do that during night time.”

“But I want to continue searching,” I said. He sighed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and the next thing I knew, we were on the ground. I looked around, there was no one.

But instead of searching, I played around. Like going to shops. He just watched me. I guess he was not really used in doing these kinds of things. I chuckled. But as we continued, he became comfortable. There were times when people looked at him like he was crazy but with just one glare from him, they already mind their own business.

This was really fun! I felt like I was one of them… like I was a normal girl, a normal person like them… But as the clock strikes eleven o’clock in the evening, reality hit me back…

I came back at the alley. Soon after, he was already beside me. He sure was fast. The old man was not around anymore.

“Thank you,” I said as I looked at him. Silence. “What’s your name?” I asked.

He looked at me intently like how he did that night. I gulped. His gaze… I couldn’t take it… It made me felt weird.

“Aaron,” he answered after a while.

“A-Aaron,” I repeated.

“How long have you been here?”

“Almost a year?”

Again, pure silence.

“What should I call you?”

“Gui Gui,” I said.

“Gui Gui? You’re a ghost with a name of ‘Ghost’?”

“Honestly, I don’t know my real name. I just made up that one. I’m a ghost so I think I’ll just use that as my name,” I confessed. “Why? Why did you help me? I-I mean, you won’t get anything from me. Even a drop of blood.” I tried to joke around.

“Honestly, I don’t know.”

Again, silence.

“But one thing is for sure,” he said as he broke the 
silence.

“What is it?”

“I like your eyes.”

“M-my eyes? T-that’s why you’re doing this?”

“Like I said, I don’t really know but you left a very deep impression to me.”

Just like that, we became contented as we gazed up.

Since then, he always came back every day and he always helped me in searching who I was. He also taught me things like how could I touch things and humans. He also stopped bringing his prey in the alley. I knew he needed to feed himself but I didn’t know where or when he was doing it.

I felt pity for his victims but as I got to know him better, it became hard for me to hate him… Actually, I felt … strange these past few days especially when he was around. I didn’t know that a ghost could experience these kinds of feelings. I thought that when I died, these feelings also died… but I was wrong…

“What’s wrong?” he asked me as we were sitting on the ground at the alley. It was midnight.

“What?”

“You’re very silent.”

“Y-you could read my mind, right?” He didn’t respond. “So 
you know what I was thinking every time we were together.” I waited for him to respond but he didn’t react. He was just looking at me. “You know how I feel… right? For you…” I asked as I gulped.

“Tell me… what you feel. I want to… hear you say it,” he whispered. It was followed by pure silence. We were just gazing at each other.

“I… I love… you,” I said after a while. I bit my lower lip, waiting for him to say something. I wanted to know what he was thinking… what he felt for me…

He put his hand on my cheek, caressing it. Suddenly, his face was coming closer to mine.

“I love you, too,” he whispered before his mouth claim mine.

I felt so happy… so happy that he felt the same way as I did. I closed my eyes and returned his kiss.

Just then, we heard someone clapped.

“I see what keep you busy these past few days,” a man said. I looked up and saw an old man. His face was familiar. That face… He looked liked Aaron.

“What are you doing here, Grandpa?” I heard Aaron asked as he stood up. I also stood up. Grandpa? It was his grandfather?

“Aren’t you going to introduce your little girlfriend to me, my grandson?”

“What do you want, Grandpa?” Aaron asked as he went in front of me, an act of protection. But why? It was his grandfather.

“What do you mean? I just want to see the girl who kept my grandson so busy these past days. Is that wrong?”

Silence.

“Aaron,” I whispered. Suddenly, there were pairs of arms holding me. I looked at my sides and saw two men holding each of my arms. Before Aaron could help me, he was thrown away by them.

“Aaron!” I shouted as I struggled free from their grasps. What are they doing? That was when I saw his grandfather coming closer to me.

“What a pretty girl you are. Too bad you’re already dead,” he said as he stopped in front of me. He put his hand on my forehead. “But you should know… that a ghost and a vampire can’t be together especially for pure blood vampires like my grandson. That’s why, one of you need to disappear. And that is… you. Disappear… forever,” he whispered on my ear as I felt something hot coming from his hand. It was causing me pain. It gets hotter and hotter like my mind was being burned until it spread to my whole body. I shouted from the pain.

“No! Gui Gui!” I heard Aaron shouted. I looked at him. He was held by three guys. They were all looking at me.

I plead for him to help me. I plead his grandfather to stop it. I continued screaming… continued pleading… but the pain didn’t vanish… it became worst every second…

I shouted his name until I felt nothing… until everything became dark…

Until it was pure…

…Darkness…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

FAILURE!

Like i said, this is my first time writing about vampires, ghosts, and one-shot stories so I'm sorry if it's not good.

Please tell me what u guys think.

Any comment will be appreciated, good or bad

but i'm not really expecting much so...

I understand if u guys won't like this but please tell me so i'll know...

Thank u for giving your time reading!

DATE: NOVEMBER 11, 2011