Slightly longer version

In which Jisoo heals Jeonghan's wing.

I wrote this slightly longer version of the story as my first one was quite short (this one is also quite short, but it is around 200 words bigger than the last one). I am adding it as a second 'chapter' incase people end up preferring the original.


                Flying. With his wings, Jeonghan could do it whenever he liked; however, he preferred to treasure the beauty of the skies, savouring the blue hue and the clouds which were each unique in how they were constructed. The beauty calmed him down, replaced his stressful thoughts, and was simply pleasant. So, he rarely flew, the times he did being those of great stress, such as the day he had realised that debuting was not going to be as easy as it seemed to be. He would fly up, through the clouds, and just stay there for a few minutes before coming back down.

                Jeonghan’s wings were just like those of an angel – fine, white feathers that extended from his back to far beyond his ability to stretch out his arms. He treasured them as he did the act of flying, and he had only let a few people in his life see them, who he can trust with his entire life. Like Hong Jisoo, someone who he’d consider his best friend, although he wishes to be more. He loves Jisoo.

                The day Jeonghan realised that he loved Jisoo was one of those stressful days, one of those days were he would fly. Although the wind was quite strong, his stress levels were quite high, so he just ignored the warnings, preferring the dangers to breaking down in front of 12 other people. He’s flown in wind before, anyway; he’s came out okay when he’s done so. As usual, he flies above the clouds, deciding to look at what he can of Seoul from up high. It is peaceful, and although he is normally able to recover from stressful thoughts when he is up in the sky, he can’t. His thoughts remain of Jisoo. Perfect, beautiful, gentlemanly Jisoo, who he has just figured out his feelings for. Time and time again he tries to think of something else, and time and time again Jisoo comes back, be it in the form of his sweet voice or his kind face. And just then, Jeonghan is distracted. He is unable to continue focusing on the wind, instead focusing on Jisoo. And then he falls again because of him, but this time, it’s literal.

                A gust of wind had just blew past Jeonghan, knocking strongly against Jeonghan’s wing as if it were a cold caller knocking on the door of another victim. He tries to regain his balance, tries to regain ability to glide, but to no avail. He falls down, down into a tree of a local park, and he feels pain strike his wing. It’s ripped, quite badly. He removes himself from the tree’s grip and quickly runs back to the dormitory without caring about the ideas that other people are getting of him.

                He unlocks the door to the dormitory and enters. Fortunately for him, he’s alone.

                Or so he thought.

                “Who is that?” a voice exclaims from within the boundaries of one of the rooms. “Jeonghan, was that you?” Well, he’s definitely not alone. Another member is indoors with him, and it has to be the worst one of the 12. Jisoo. The one who distracted him. The one’s whose perfect image made him fall. Jisoo’s figure runs out into the hallway where he can see that he was right as to who had just entered. His face soon turns to worry. “Jeonghan, what happened? Your wing!” He grabs the hand of the injured and carefully drags him back into the room. Jeonghan is sat on the bed, and Jisoo thinks about how to help. When he inquires about how the injury was acquired, he does not get any information, but he doesn’t ask further. It’s not his business to know, and if he doesn’t heal Jeonghan there will be more repercussions. He just hopes Jeonghan trusts his ability to heal although he has never healed a ripped wing, or any wing before.

                When he’s done, he brings Jeonghan into the biggest room to test his flying ability. Amazingly, his ability is not hindered. Before someone else comes into the dormitory, Jeonghan walks back towards the room and Jisoo goes to make hot chocolate, but before Jeonghan passes through the doorway, he whispers. “Jisoo, I love you.” Jisoo hears. “You… you love me?” he says in a similar tone.

                “Who wouldn’t love you? I love everything about you, Jisoo. Your hair, your face, your eyes-“ he is cut off by a kiss. “I love you too, Jeonghan.”