Accident

The forgotten house

That house

Hyuna was visibly shaken. Her face was tear-strickened. Baekhyun stepped forward and gave her a hug. 

Using his gentlest tone in an attempt to hide his desperation, he asked," What happened? Where did you go?" He gently pat Hyuna's head as Hyuna returned his hug. Hyuna shook her head and avoided eye contact with her older brother. Exasperated, Baekhyun probed further. Finally, after some coaxing, she recounted the incident.

"I was there, at the bedroom furthest from the staircase. I saw that it was the biggest room of all that I had seen so far, so... I decided that shall be my room. Then...then..."Hyuna choked on her words and tried her best to fight back her tears. "Then... I decided to draw the curtains and... open the window. I saw...a woman... a woman in black wedding gown. She was staring straight at me. She was...was...holding a cat...by its neck. And she...she... broke... broke it."By now, Hyuna had cupped her hand over her face and I could see tears rolling down her cheeks once more. "Then...she... was suddenly at my...window. She grabbed me...my arm...and tried to pull me down... . She..." Slowly, Hyuna unrolled her sleeves and revealed the skin around her wrist. There were red and in a particular area around her wrist, she was bleeding. It was as though, something sharp, like claws or some sort of object, had dug into her wrist, causing 3 severe puncture wounds. Baekhyun's mother gasped in shocked and dropped the luggage she was holding. She immediately ushured Hyuna out of the house and back to the car, where she remembered storing a first aid kit. 

"It's okay! I am going up to check now!" Baekhyun declared with fury in his eyes. However, he was a little uncertain and shaken by her sister's traumatic experience. However, this will definitely not stop him from finding out the truth. Cautiously, he climbed up the staircase and approached the last bedroom. Surprisingly, the wooden door was closed. He gave it a slight push such that it was ajar. The air in the room was exceptionally musty, Baekhyun noted. Before he even stepped further into the room, he could verify his sister's account. There, on the window, was 3 streaks of red mark, estimating to be around 10 inches in length each. The window was wide open and the curtains were flying around hysterically from the strong wind. Gathering his courage, Baekhyun decided to close the window. Whatever creature which was out there, was definitely not a friend, but a foe. He paced towards the window and he imaginatinons began running wild. Suddenly, he halted in his tracks. What if he encountered the same misfortune that befalled on his sister? What if that woman was there, at the window, waiting, ambushing, to pull him to his death? What if she was stronger than him? What if...? Baekhyun bravely dismissed his thoughts. It can't be. It must have been a misunderstanding, perhaps something else happened, Hyuna was just distraughted and maybe, maybe she exaggerated the whole incident. Mustering all courage, Baekhyun resumed the walk towards the window. Finally, he was 2 feets away from the window. He took a deep breath and held his breath as he bent his head forward a little and peered down the window. To his relief, all he saw was their supposed barren backyard, nothing out of the ordinary. He reached out his hand to close the window while maintaining a safe distance away from it. Soon, the window was closed and he twisted the lock to secure it. Just then, an envelope lying near his foot caught his attention. It was a white envelope, with no stamps and address written on it. Baekhyun doubted that he could have missed it just now, but pocketed it anyway. 

 

Back at their car, mother had a hard time tending to Hyuna's wounds. They were nothing compared to what she had seen during her days as her nurse. Those wounds were at least half a centimetre deep, revealing some tissues and muscles. 

"I think we should send her to the hospital. I really cannot treat this."

"Hospital? How? The car is certainly not working. Are you going to get there by foot?" Father was a little annoyed as he carried the last luggage into the house. 

"But...we should do something!"

"Attend to her as much as you can first, I'll bring her to the hospital tomorrow, okay?" Father promised. Reluctantly, Hyuna agreed. Baekhyun smiled as he saw his sister entering the house. He flashed a funny face. Usually, Hyuna would have burst out laughing, possibly rolling on the floor. However, she merely smiled back, the effects of the incident was apparent. Retreating into the kitchen while the rest unpacked, Baekhyun carefully pulled out the envelope. He inspected it. It was very new and thin, it was so thin that the envelope was translucent and faint markings of the content of the letter could be seen. Baekhyun slowly tore open the letter and pulled the letter out. It was printed, as he had expected. 

What you see may not be what it seems.

They can play with you, but they cannot really touch you.

That is, until they gain enough power and know you well enough.

So before that, leave, leave before they hunt you down, leave before it's too late.

 

The letter sent chills down Baekhyun's spine. It was not what he had expected. He thought it might be a letter which the previous owner left behind. However, now it seemed clear that it was directed at him. He debated whether he should show this letter to his parents. This house sure gave him the chills, if he wanted to convince them to move out, this was the key to it. Yet, where could they move to? The company will not be pleased that not only they want a change of car, but a home too. Baekhyun crumpled the letter and aimed it at the bin. Before he could throw it, he restrained himself. He badly wanted to get rid of this letter in case Hyuna saw it and went hysterical, yet, it just did not feel right to throw it. Baekhyun uncrumpled the paper once more and was surprised to find another line added to the letter.

I AM SURE YOU DO NOT WANT TO SUFFER MY FATE. OUR FATE.