Knock, Knock 2: Application

Heartknock

Knock, Knock.

 

post-divider_zpslimojysp.gif

 

It was another ordinary sunny day in March, two weeks after the new academic year began. Freshmen were excited with the new environment, trying to blend in with new friends and seek for new chances.

Student organizations were recruiting new members as usual. From religious fellowships to community service, the registered student organizations demonstrated the diversity of the university students.

Each of the organizations promoted their common interests, trying their best to gather students who shared the same interest together. Although the university was already a national university specialized in arts, it didn't restrict the students to enhance their own lives.

From sports clubs to photography club, there were various clubs for students to choose. It's not a necessity though but almost 80 percents of the students had another activity besides of studying their majors.

Hwan Shimju was included in the remaining 20 percents.

She might not be the brightest student in Department of Musicology, but she definitely had her eyes set on something interesting all the time.

Therefore when her application for Hustle Life Club was turned down last year, she was not pleased. She decided not to join whatever organization available until something else got her attention.

Hustle Life Club was a new organization established on her first year as a student. As its name explained, Hustle Life Club was designed for them who were ready to be busy in every kind of activities.

The idea came from three students who studied different majors two years ago. At the moment, they were freshmen who couldn't pick any organization to join in. Therefore they decided to make a new one instead.

The club revolved around arts but without any limitation. It offered the chance for students to express the arts they couldn't do during formal classes.

Their history was not the best out of the others. The club struggled during the establishment until the three students managed to convince the Student Government to let them started club activities.

Finally, last year, the first recruitment started but, with such vague visions and missions of organization, Hustle Life Club only gained two new members.

Shimju knew the struggle of the club very well and that's exactly why she didn't get the reason of how her application as the club's manager was not accepted. Every club needed a President, a Vice-President, and a manager to report the club activities to Student Government.

She volunteered herself for the position for two reasons, both personal and professional.

As a girl who had special interests in arts since young, she thought Hustle Life Club offered a really interesting concept of an organization.

Students from School of Drama could work along with students from School of Dance, arranging a musical stage completed with choreography. They could collaborate with others from School of Music, joining hand-in-hand with School of Multimedia to record them and make it a spectacular recording.

Everyone in the university could be a part of Hustle Life Club without any needs to make an event when they wanted collaboration. They could work together whenever they wanted to.

That reason was what made Shimju determined to send her application again to Hustle Life Club this year.

"You can make it to Student Government, you know," Han Yeri, Shimju's roommate at the dormitory, commented as Shimju wore her favorite jacket. "Your grades are good, you like management and all. Hustle Life Club is still out of place, if you ask my opinion."

"But I didn't ask," Shimju retorted jokingly. She lifted the envelope in her hand, "I'm going to apply again and they have no reason to reject me again this time."

Yeri heaved a sigh, "Ah, you're really determined about this, aren't you?"

Shimju nodded, finished preparing for her morning class, "Of course I am. You know me very well, Yeri, I am in for such interesting club."

Yeri let out a devilish chuckle as she watched her roommate opened the door, "Really? The club? Just for the club and not another reason, Hwan Shimju?"

Shimju froze for a second but kept a confident smile, "That another reason, Yeri, is a motivation. Everyone needs one. Everyone."

She waved to Yeri, walking out from their room and headed to her Wednesday morning class. Shimju couldn't hide her smile as she stared at the envelope.

While she was wondering if she should just drop the application in Hustle Life Club's box before or after her class, a male student was bringing two heavy boxes from the opposite direction.

Neither of them was aware of each other, causing a slight bump. None got hurt but the equipments in the boxes were out of places and, out of her luck today, Shimju's application was thrown out from the nearest window.

"W-What- H-How could... Ah!" Shimju didn't even bother to groan in pain. She held the edge of the window and grumbled about who let the window open at this hour and else. "My application!"

She really wanted to rush downstairs and looked for the envelope, clinging on a small hope that it could be found despite the possibilities of wind playing with it to somewhere too far.

However Shimju couldn't do that.

"Ah, please tell me nothing is broken," the male student murmured. It's obvious that he started to panic, gathering at least a dozen of microphones on the floor. "What should I do if it's broken? What should I..."

Shimju just didn't have a heart to leave him just like that. She guessed that he's a freshman joining Student Radio Club in a middle of his task, bringing the equipments to the club.

"Screw it," Shimju rolled her eyes and helped the boy with his stuffs. "Are you alright?"

She would just print another copy of her application letter and drop it later. It would risk her coming late for the class if she ran around the campus for the envelope anyway.

It could be everywhere now.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" the student bowed to Shimju with gratitudes. "I-I really am sorry for not... I-I'm sorry!"

Shimju smiled politely to him, "It's cool. It's okay. Don't worry. Just be careful."

It was still another ordinary day for her.

Little did she know that bigger things would happen later.