Knock, Knock 4: Thursday Afternoon

Heartknock

Knock, Knock.

 

post-divider_zpslimojysp.gif

 

"Wow, look at the names," Namjoon's eyes widened with excitement. "Hyorin, Jieun, Yuri, Hana, and more female students! Wow!"

Hustle Life Club didn't have the brightest history when it's compared to other clubs. Other than the fact that it's so abstract and Kim Taehyung, the eccentric but genius student was a member, Hustle Life Club was ignored.

Now that the inaccurate news of Jeon Jungkook joining the club had reached each student -- thanks to Taehyung's email blast -- the group gained a lot of interests.

Especially from the girls.

Jungkook was talented and no one needed to question it. When it came to physical appearance, no female students could deny how good looking he was. Even with limited chances to see his smile, girls would squeal just with him landing a gaze on them.

Shortly speaking, he was like a perfect mascot for Hustle Life Club.

A day after the news spread out, Hustle Life Club's letter box was full. The members must emptied the box every hour just so the new letters could be put in.

As for Jungkook himself, he didn't show up at all. He did have no class on Thursday but, even if he had, he would avoid any unnecessary contact with anyone as much as he could.

He tried to explain the reason of his visit yesterday but it's too chaotic. He escaped the room with a lie of emergency need and he was asking himself if he could ever get away from the questions on his next class.

The members of Hustle Life Club, in the other hand, were preparing for a warm welcome party, specially planned for Jungkook on Friday night.

As for the moment, they're checking the application letters that had piled up on the small table. Separated by the position, member and manager, Seokjin typed each name of the applicants on his laptop.

The envelope that dragged Jungkook to the unexpected fate was opened by Hoseok.

"Oh, Hwan Shimju?" Hoseok mentioned a name that caught the attention of all members in the room, except Taehyung, of course, who was too busy breaking his own record of their new favorite game. "It's the same Hwan Shimju from last year, right?"

Namjoon put all the application letters he was holding and snatched the one from Hoseok. He raised his eyebrow, smirking, "Oh, it's really her."

"Woah, she really applied again for the manager position this year?!" Jimin, her classmate, sounded even more excited than Namjoon. "Will you accept her then?"

Seokjin took a glance at the application letter, assuring himself that they're talking about the same person, "There are a lot of applicants for the manager position this year. We need to filter them first."

"Most of them only put their names because of Jeon Jungkook," Hoseok voiced out his opinion. "Hwan Shimju applied even before the guy enrolled in this university."

Namjoon nodded, still having his eyes on Shimju's application letter, "He has a point. I don't think accepting a girl who is Jeon Jungkook's fan will help us."

Seokjin showed a slight hint of hesitation. Even without the others telling him, he knew that they had zero reason to reject Shimju again. Not when they knew how much they needed a manager with more members in the club and future activities to do.

"Yoongi Hyung, what do you think?" Hoseok threw a question to the last member in the room who actually paid attention of the topic.

Yoongi had his eyes shot open when Shimju's name was mentioned. He had been trying to get some sleep on the old couch that they had in the club room but the intention just vanished in a split of second upon her name.

He pretended to sleep, as if he never heard what they're talking about. However both Namjoon and Seokjin knew very well that Yoongi was listening attentively to them.

Three of them might not be classmates but, as the pioneers of the Hustle Life Club, they did keep several secrets within themselves only.

The reason not to accept Hwan Shimju as their manager last year was included.

"If she is qualified, why not?" he responded shortly, putting his arms under head, trying to position himself comfortably. "Unless there is a better applicant, of course."

Namjoon clicked his tongue, "Of course, of course. Okay, I vote for her as the new Hustle Life Club manager!"

Taehyung clapped his hands loudly, putting the video game console that he had been playing for half an hour, "Hooray! Should we invite her for tomorrow too?"

The statement made Yoongi to sit up right away. He turned his head around to look at his junior. Yoongi was both surprised because Taehyung actually listened to them and his sudden idea.

"That's actually a brilliant idea!" Hoseok agreed without a second thought. "She would be so happy!"

Seokjin frowned, "We shouldn't take every decision too quick, you know. The email blast about Jeon Jungkook joining us is a little bit too rash. We haven't even properly thanked him for considering our club."

"Hey, Hey, Jin, we're here to have a hustle life, not too serious life," Namjoon patted his friend's shoulder. "So, are you going to vote for her or not?"

Seokjin and Yoongi exchanged a look in silence. Yoongi shrugged his shoulders and the other one took the sign, "What would change if I vote for a 'no'? All of you have a liking on her."

"I'm going to send an invitation letter then," Taehyung had his phone in hand already. "One for Jeon Jungkook, one for Hwan Shimju. Wait. I need their numbers."

"Here's for Hwan Shimju," Hoseok handed over her application letter. "And for Jeon Jungkook... Where is his application letter?"

Jimin shook his head, "Never saw it. Do we need to check those envelopes again?"

"I don't have his name on the list either," Seokjin tilted his head, wondering why his search option kept telling him that it didn't find a match upon Jungkook's name. "Did we accidentally skip his application letter?"

If they did check up the envelope one by one, they would realize that Jungkook never applied for the club. Unfortunately -- or fortunately enough for Hustle Life Club -- they never went throught those files.

"Oh! I have his number," Taehyun spoke to himself. "Sent! Now, what should we prepare for tomorrow?"

"How do you even have his number?" Namjoon asked, still amused with his junior even after a year having him in the club.

Taehyung made a peace sign with his fingers and grinned, "Because I am Kim Taehyung!"

That Thursday afternoon, the same text message was sent to Shimju and Jungkook.

That Thursday afternoon, Hwan Shimju was working on her paper for "The Sounds of Silent Film". She let out a loud squeal of excitement when she read the message.

That Thursday afternoon, Jeon Jungkook was playing piano to ease his mind. He hit the wrong note when his phone vibrated as if he knew it's a drop of bad news.

That Thursday afternoon, Min Yoongi knew that Hustle Life Club would never be the same anymore starting tomorrow.