Knock, Knock 6: Introduction

Heartknock

Knock, Knock.

 

post-divider_zpslimojysp.gif

 

"So...," Taehyung poured the green tea into the last empty cup on the table, "...it's intro time!"

A second of silence but there were a lot of things took place at that very second. Eight people -- seven men and one woman -- each on their own seats, with their own trains of thoughts.

Taehyung was, obviously, waiting for the introduction session although he only needed two persons to do it formally. He could be the first one to start but what's the fun in it?

Jimin was putting the words in mind, knowing it would be nice if he could break the ice after they greeted Yoongi minutes ago, followed by Jungkook with Shimju on his back. He knew he was the only one who knew Shimju personally at the moment.

Hoseok, on the other hand, was observing the only girl who sat across from him. His smile stayed but his memory was trying to find her face somewhere. She looked very familiar to him and he knew it's not because they're in the same class last year.

Seokjin took a sip of his drink but his eyes were fixed on Yoongi as if he was trying to read mind. He still believed that having Shimju as their manager was not the best idea they should go on with.

Namjoon propped his chin on palm, smiling politely to the new members of The Hustle Life Club. It would be a beginning of new experiences for all of them for sure and he couldn't wait to enjoy them together.

Yoongi leaned comfortably to the wall, taking a quick glance at the girl's left knee which was wounded due to the incident a moment ago. He wondered if he should take the medicine box by himself instead of waiting for Namjoon's mother to grab it for them.

Jungkook looked around the restaurant as he wondered why he never visited this place when it's so close to his house. For a moment, he actually forgot the true objective of him coming here: to explain the misunderstanding.

Shimju was nervous with everything. She couldn't help but to look down at her cup of tea, embarrassed of her entrance on Jungkook's back and she didn't expect to gain the attention from all members.

Especially Yoongi.

"I'll start!" Jimin clasped his hands, smiling widely. "My name is Park Jimin, second year of Department of Musicology. I'm actually Shimju's classmate! Hi there, friend!"

Shimju gave him a little nod, acknowledging his cheerful statement. She was holding back herself to continue the session with her introduction and, fortunately, she was saved by Hoseok this time, "Me! I'm next!"

"Jung Hoseok, second year of Department of Dance Performance! Very good to have new friends in the club!" Hoseok lifted up his cup as if asking for a toast.

Taehyung took his and did a quick toast with Hoseok before he continued the session, "Kim Taehyung, second year, Department of Broadcasting. Let's have fun together in Hustle Life Club!"

"That's my line," Namjoon laughed happily, taking a good look at Shimju and Jungkook. "I'm Kim Namjoon, the President of Hustle Life Club. I'm currently in third year of Department of Composition. Welcome to the club, Shimju, Jungkook."

Namjoon's greeting snapped Jungkook back to his senses. He had been paying attention to his seniors attentively for two minutes until he thought up about his own introduction unconsciously.

"Ah, no, I'm not-" Jungkook was ignorant but he had good manners, especially when it came to his seniors, so he just zipped his mouth when Seokjin started his short speech.

"We welcome both of you, Hwan Shimju, Jeon Jungkook. You might know that Hustle Life Club doesn't really have a lot of applicants each year so, yes, having you two in a club is a very good thing for us. Thank you. Thanks a lot for applying. Oh, right, my name is Kim Seokjin. Third year of Depatrment of Conducting. I'm also the Vice President of the Club."

As she had gained her own concentration back, Shimju formed a curve with her lips, "Thank you for welcoming us warmly. I should be the one who thanks you for accepting me as the manager."

Her smile pulled a string for each of the boys, except Jungkook. The youngest one was too busy self-palming his face with all the misleading introduction. He wanted to explain how he never applied for the club and they should have known it if they filed the forms thoroughly.

"Woah, I'm so glad we have a girl as our manager!" Hoseok squealed like a little kid, grinning even wider than before. Taehyung also gave a bright smile to Shimju in return, a sign that he knew no one in the club would dislike her for sure.

Jimin had shades of red on cheeks. He had no idea how different it could be with having a girl as part of the club. He knew that Shimju was friendly enough with everyone around her but, seeing her outside of the university, it felt different.

That one smile made Seokjin sighed slightly, thinking that maybe it was him being to paranoid. He smiled to her, lifting up his own cup as a gesture to welcome her before taking another sip.

The President of the club chuckled and commented casually, "Your smile is so sweet that we could feel the spring here, Shimju."

The girl blinked in confusion of the words but Yoongi understood it very well. He straightened his body, faking a cough to get the attention, "Min Yoongi. Third year. Department of Composition."

Finally Shimju's eyes met with his again after what happened outside and, this time, it's the lady who had her heart beat a little bit faster. Yoongi flashed her a smile before returning to his previous comfortable position.

"And...," Taehyung shifted closer to the table, "...you two haven't told us your names. Oh, although we have known it already, of course."

"Ah, right," Shimju quickly adjusted her position, bowing slightly to the members. "My name is Hwan Shimju. Currently in second year. I am in Department of Musicology. It's very nice to finally being able to join the Hustle Life Club."

Hoseok and Taehyung clapped happily before diverting their focus to the youngest one. Jungkook realized the attention and he immediately moved backwards slightly, "Ah... Me?"

Namjoon gave a quick nod, a sign that he should take his time to introduce himself. Jungkook scratched the back of his head with confusion, "I... I'm Jeon Jungkook. First year. Department of Vocal Music."

Another second of silence and when Jungkook thought it was the best time to make an explanation, the waiters came with plates of food, prepared specially for eight of them, "Here, here. Enjoy it while it's still sizzling!"

Within the chaos of welcoming food, various thoughts came to them.

Jimin was dilemma in choosing which dish he should take first. Seokjin was too busy placing all the plates carefully on the crowded table while Namjoon was making sure all the orders were ready. Taehyung had his eyes glued on the meat. Hoseok was filling his own cup with the tea.

Jungkook heaved a sigh, knowing that he had lost his chance to tell them. He glanced at Yoongi and an idea came to him.

Yoongi leaned closer to the girl next to her, mumbling softly, "I'll take the medicine box."

Shimju moved an inch towards Jungkook when Yoongi stood up to get the medicine for her, causing their shoulders to meet. Both of them uttered a short apology, looking up until their eyes met. She smiled at her junior because she was actually happy to had a new member joining the club with her.

Jungkook nodded slightly, clearing his throat, still not feeling the tug in his heart like what the others felt. His mind was occupied by something else.

Yoongi took a quick glance at their new manager before leaving to the second floor and borrowed the medicine box from Namjoon's family.

It was no more than a friendly introduction lunchtime for Hustle Life Club.

However it's also the beginning of unknown surprises for them.