Having an Older brother

Life

Mark is watching Spongebob when Jackson comes back from his shower; taking the TV remote from the table and changing the channel to a live football game, laying down next to Mark and sighing. Mark on the other hand groans and glares at his bigger brother.

 

“I know I’m handsome but you dont gotta stare.” Jackson said, while still looking at the TV.  

 

Mark scoffs in disbelief, “You took the remote from me. I had it first. Your not fair. Give it back.” Mark whines while struggling to get the remote from Jackson.

 

After a half an hour of struggling to get the remote, Mark gave up.

 

He huffed his cheeks and said, “I’M NEVER GONNA TALK TO YOU… EVER,” and stomped up the stairs.

 

The next day, Mark was still holding a grudge against his brother.

 

While they were sitting in the back seats and their mother was driving them to school, Mark showed no sign of talking back to Jackson.

 

“Stop puffing your cheeks. Are you still mad at me?” Jackson said and then sighed when he got no answer in return. “Talk to me Mark.” Jackson whined while grabbing Mark’s arm.

 

Mark jerked his arm away from Jackson and turned his head to the window.

 

Jackson sighed again, “Ma tell Mark to talk to me. He is mad at me because I took the remote from him.”

 

“Mark talk to your brother.” Their mother said while still looking at the road.”

 

“NO.” Mark said, without moving from his original spot.

 

Their mother sighed, “Well kiddo, I tried helpin ya, you're on your own now.”

 

Jackson sighed and then looked at Mark with his big puppy eyes.

 

“It’s not going to work.” Mark says, without looking away from the window. Jackson then gave up.

 

When school finally came in the view, Mark quickly got out the car and ran inside the building. Jackson sighed once more and made his way to class as well and thought of  making up to Mark at lunch.

--------

 

Gym had just ended for Mark, and he was walking to the boys locker room when he heard someone call his name. When he turned around it was his gym coach.

 

“Can you put the mattresses in the storage room, for me?” Coach asked. The storage room was at the rooftop and Mark thought why not get some fresh air so he agreed.  

 

He quickly dragged the mattresses into the storage room and started setting up the mattresses neatly, when the door shut by itself.

 

Mark went up to the door and tried to open it; but failed. Then he tried yelling for help, but no one heard.

 

He turned around, and saw a small window. Then he saw chairs. Thats when it hits him. He quickly starts putting the chairs together, and quickly climbs on top of them. When he had the window opened and was ready to jump out, he lost his balance and he started to fall back. Before he could even process what was going on, he fell down with a big thud.

 

At first, he groaned and tried to get up but pain struck through his ankle and he fell back down. He had sprained his ankle.

 

Tears started to flow out of his eyes. Nothing was going great at all for Mark. He curled up in a ball and let his tears flow.

 

He kept crying, hoping somebody could save him.

 

On the other hand, Jackson was walking to lunch with his friends.

 

When he got to his seat, he looks around for Mark, but doesn’t see him. He excuses himself from his friends and starts to look for Mark.

 

When he doesn’t find Mark in the lunch room. He went to all his classes.

 

Jackson started to panic, he couldn’t find Mark. He rubbed a hand against his hair, in frustration. what if he ran away from school, Jackson thought. Thats when it clicked, he had forgotten to go to one class, gym.

 

He ran as fast as he could, like his life was on the line. When he finally made it to the gym door, Jackson was panting.

 

He opened the door quickly and saw the coach right away.

 

“Coach, did you see Mark today.”

 

“Yeah, 1st period, when he had class with me. I asked him to put the mattresses in the storage room. Why? Is everything alright, Jackson?”

 

“Okay, thanks.” Jackson ran off without answering the coach.

 

He quickly opened the rooftop door and yelled Mark’s name.

 

Then he heard sniffles from the storage room. He quickly opened it and his gaze softened when he found Mark, curled up in a ball crying.

 

“Mark.” Jackson said lowly. Mark looks up, crying more. Jackson quickly went to Mark and hugged him closely telling him everything is alright.

 

After Mark had calmed down, Jackson started to get up.

 

“Let’s go;” extending his arm.

 

“I can’t, I sprained my ankle.”

 

Jackson eyes were popping out, “WHAT! YOU'RE TELLING ME NOW. Mom’s gonna kill me.”

 

“It wasn’t my fault.” Mark mumbled. Jackson sighed and went on his knees, gesturing Mark to climb on his back.

 

“Come on, I’ll give you a piggy back ride.” Mark obeyed and climbed on top of Jackson’s back.

 

While going to the nurse's office, Mark stared into space, and said, “You know, I’m still mad at you.”


“Oh come on~, really. I’m your big brother…” Jackson continued with his lecture while Mark was smiling thinking about, how Jackson always  cares about him even if they fight a lot.