fin.

tall boy worries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Mingyu was tall.

That was obvious enough even when he was just starting on his growth spurt. One day, he noticed that whenever he looked around,  everybody seemed like they were slowly shrinking to the ground. Of course, that didn't seem logical, so it was more likely that he was growing instead. Anyway, the boy grew and grew and well, along with his height, so did his heart. It was clear that the boy still remained to be the sweet, fun-loving boy he was even if he was always mistaken to be older than his age. It didn't really bother him much. 

However, recently, Mingyu was beginning to wonder if being so tall was such a good thing.

Sure, there a lot of upsides. There's how easily he can reach cupboards and the like. There's how his height had given him a memorable image in Seventeen as "that tall member- that one, the tallest one" and how it's a good boost to have as an aspiring visual, after all. He's sure to be seen wherever he goes because of how much he towers over most people, too. There's also how amusing it is to tease Jihoon by bending down whenever they had to talk- it usually earned him a few hits and angry glares from the elder, but it was pretty worth it.

There was something that ultimately, made him feel like his height was such an awkward thing to have. Mingyu was still just 18, after all. He was the same age as Seokmin, who went around laughing and smiling and generally making everybody have a good time. That was fine enough, since Mingyu also knows how to make the members laugh as well. He was also the same age as Minghao, who was a Chinese combination of powerful swag and all things cute and cuddly. This was where things got on his nerves a little bit; Minghao is cute. He knows that very well. Who else knows it very well? Every other member.

And that includes Jisoo.

Mingyu's not sure exactly what he feels towards Jisoo; he knows there is of course, some aspect of admiration for the older member. Jisoo was just in some ways, kind of the perfect guy. He's talented- his voice is wonderful, he can rap, and dance too. He would definitely pass any mother's checklist as the perfect son (or son-in-law, really) to have. He's respectful and considerate, and definitely a gentleman down to the bone. Not to mention, there's a reason why Hansol voted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter