Five - Your body is a wonderland

Weaving and Straying: 5 Years Ago and 5 Years Later

 

*this is a side or hidden chapter since most of you are craving for more wenrene fluff; song is Boyce Avenue's cover of "Your body is a wonderland" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm4vncYv7YY&list=FLRX9FGu_NmU0ATT9kK16XZA&index=1*

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey.”  

 

 

Hearing the call, she struggles a little opening her eyes as the curtains of the bedroom are pulled wide open, and warm rays of sunlight are showered down upon her and the huge comfy bed she’s laying on. She then shifts her body to the other side and tries to stay in the covers longer. She had a good sleep last night, and she just wants it to be longer.

 

 

“Wake up.”

 

 

A hand gently tugs the covers away, gesturing her that she should really leave her dear bed and start her day.

 

 

 

But a better plan just pops up in her head. So she holds the covers like it’s her dear life, while sparing a glance of a cute girl with messy brown hair, who is trying to get her up. 

 

 

“Seungwan. Why did you wake up so early?”

 

 

 

Wendy chuckles at that throaty whine folding her arms across her chest. And she’s just standing next to the bed, looking down on Irene who is so reluctant to wake up although it’s holiday today.

 

 

“I ain’t buy that . You’d better get your off the bed right now.”

 

 

“What time is it?” Irene cutely yawns but her hands are still clutched tightly on the covers. “Why can’t I sleep so more today?”

 

 

Wendy shakes her head determinedly, “You promised we’ll go shop for some groceries and a new iron steamer today. Come on, join me and have breakfast together.”

 

 

 

Irene squints again, still adjusting to the brightness. Partly because she wants to take a good look of her Seungwan despite the drowsiness lingering in her body. And her lips are curved into a soft smile when she sees that loose t-shirt and the tight boxers. Her eyes could now make out her figure clearly. A ert as she always is.

 

 

The young brunette swiftly turns on her heels trying to make her way to the kitchen but she is stopped as the older girl’s delicate fingers find their way to her slim wrist. So she turns back around and is only greeted by her girlfriend who is already sitting upright on the bed, smiling so brightly at her.

 

 

Making sure she got one of her wrists locked in place, she traces her defined little features with her other hand, from her eyebrows, her cheekbone to her jawline. And slowly she guides her face closer to hers. They share a chaste kiss.

 

 

“Alright. No more delay.” Wendy pulls away first and tries to wiggle herself from Irene’s grasp. “Let’s go.”

 

 

“Don’t we got all day?” She flashes her a cheeky grin, trying her very best to convince her. “I’m sure we can delay for a while.”

 

 

 

“But you said you really need a new iron steamer.” She stares at her with her big eyes in disbelief, sometimes she still can’t believe this older girl could be so childish and playful.

 

 

She takes the chance by exerting a little force with her slender arm and successfully makes the young girl stumble towards the bed, “That can wait.”

 

 

Wendy is now half-kneeling on the soft bed so she grumbles, “Hey, it’s not fair.”

 

 

“Don’t you want to spend some time with me too?” Irene giggles in victory. “Come on, join me on the bed.”

 

 

 

“We got the afternoon,

You got this room for two.

One thing I've left to do,

Discover me, discovering you.”

 

 

 

“Don’t you copy the way I speak.” She gives a light push on Irene’s thin shoulders, pinning her down, while she also leans down bit by bit until their faces are just an inch or two apart. Tickling her lips with her own hot breaths, looking at her right into the eyes, teasing her to her limits.

 

 

In return, she squirms beneath her getting slightly impatient. But she can’t help smiling at the same time. A smile that reaches her limpid eyes, sending little sparkles to those orbs. “Whatever, I won.”

 

 

 

She leans even closer but abruptly stops as their nose tips touch, taking her tease to another level, “Who say so?”

 

 

“Me. You are staying here, with me, on this bed.”  She breathlessly whispers as she guides Wendy’s bony hand to her own cheek.  

 

 

“What if I say no?” She slowly moves fingers on her alabaster skin, and softly cups her cheek in her hand, enjoying the smooth and warm sensation it gives. It feels good, it feels addictive. She can’t stop. 

 

 

“Then I won’t let you say it.” Irene decides she had enough and crushes her lips with the smiling girl’s plump ones.

 

 

Wendy is startled by roughness at first but gradually she returns it with the same intensity, molding their lips together. She plants her hands on the sides of Irene’s head, supporting her own weight and creating a distance between the two bodies. And soon, she feels a hand slipping inside of her shirt, exploring the small of her back, trying to pull her body down.

 

 

 

“One mile to every inch of,

Your skin like porcelain.

One pair of candy lips and,

Your bubblegum tongue.”

 

 

 

Kissing is something they have done for a thousand times already yet it still fascinates them both each and every time. After closing the final gap between them, Irene could then taste those minty breaths with her tongue while Wendy is heartily roaming her hands to where they want to go as they are finally free.

 

 

Just when they slow down and the younger girl lets her guard down for a brief second, she is flipped and her back hits the bed, but there is still another pair of lips glued on hers. It got Wendy wonders if there’re magnets on them or something.

 

 

“You’re staying here with me.” Irene breaks away and wraps her arms around her dear Seungwan’s waist, treating her like a giant fluffy plushie. “Anyway, I got you trapped.”

 

 

 

“You could've just asked nicely.” Wendy, in return, just chuckles as she carefully runs her fingers through those silky burgundy hair blocking her view. She has always felt the urge of touching them 24/7, even when Irene hasn’t washed her hair that day. It sounds gross but she swears it always carries a nice scent of the lavender shampoo they are using. “You don’t have to be that rough.”

 

 

She slightly loosens her grip so that she could lay down beside her gentle girlfriend, “I miss you. I’m sorry I came home late last night.”

 

 

“It’s alright.” She hugs her closer. “You’d wait for my door sometimes too.” 

 

 

 

“Something 'bout the way,

The hair falls in your face.

I love the shape you take,

When crawling towards the pillowcase.”

 

 

 

She whines again, “I just want to make good use of today.”

 

 

“I granted your wish.” She lifts a motherly smile. “Cuddling time.”

 

 

“Nope.” Irene pecks the corner of her lips. “I’m taking you to somewhere actually.”

 

 

“Oh, come on.” Yet Wendy rolls her bright eyes. “No more Neverland cliché.”

 

 

 

“You think you’re smart but you’re not.” 

 

 

“Enlighten me, Bae Joohyun. My forever young Peter Pan.”

 

 

So she sticks her lips to her ear, “Wrong again, you’re Alice today… And I’m bringing you to Wonderland.”

 

 

She shivers a little since her ears are her most sensitive spots, “N-not into role-playing.”

 

 

 

“Me neither.” She snickers before sending a breath of hot air into her ear.

 

 

“.” She groans and starts to fight back. She’s stronger in strength so she easily regains the upper hand by holding Irene’s hands in place, distancing their bodies again. “I’m so wrong about you. You’re pure evil.”

 

 

But Irene’s smile grows wider since the brunette is hovering above her again, “Yes, I am. No one can stop me.”

 

 

She grumbles in defeat, “What do you want then?”

 

 

And so, she laughs out loud, witnessing Wendy’s cute antics. She can look at her all day long and all day long, just to see her puffing her cheeks and jutting her lips. She knows Wendy can’t resist her, “You.”

 

 

 

“Damn baby, you frustrate me,

I know you're mine, all mine, all mine.

But you look so good, it hurts sometimes.”

 

 

 

Wendy blinks and buries her face into Irene’s hair, hiding her flushed face. She is also taking her chance to breathe in that scent she’s longing for. It comforts her. Everything related to Irene can always comfort her, her touch, her smile, her eyes, her lips, her voice, her scent. How whipped she sounds but it’s the truth.

 

 

“Seungwan, do you miss me too?” Her voice rings and her arms enclose her body once again. 

 

 

“Of course, I do.” She mumbles against her lips.

 

 

“Then come with me.” She traces her hands to the arch of her back and the side of her waist.

 

 

“You know I’ll always follow.” She tugs a strand of her hair before enveloping her lips around hers very tenderly. 

 

 

 

“And if you want love,

We’ll make it.

Swim in a deep sea,

Of blankets.

Take all your big plans,

And break ‘em.

This is bound to be a while.”

 

 

 

Irene knows, as a girl herself, being with a girl is hard. She had been with boys in the past but no one’s ever understood her the way Wendy does. Wendy has always made her forget the fact that she’s swinging “the other way”; for Irene, it feels like the right way.

 

 

Wendy has never made her uncomfortable or sad, not for a single moment. She has never made her regret. And she has always been there for her.

 

 

At a certain point of life, everyone starts to yearn for someone to wait for them at home after work, to hold them whenever they need it, to care for them no matter the day is good or bad. Sometimes it scares Irene a little that she has found Wendy so fast, so early in her life. Would she eventually lose her? Would Wendy eventually leave because she could no longer put up with her?

 

 

 

She wanted to tell Wendy how much she loves her when she opened the bedroom door last night, when she saw her soundly sleeping figure. And now, she is holding her tightly and she just wants Wendy to know how much she loves her even when words aren’t spoken. Or, maybe some words are meant to be spoken indeed. 

 

 

“I love you.” She places a kiss on her bare shoulder blade.

 

 

So Wendy turns around and tangles their limbs together under the covers, “I love you too.”

 

 

 

“The streamer can wait. I just wish I can always spend time with you like this.”

 

 

“I know. We got a lot of time ahead though.”

 

 

“Promise?”

 

 

“Promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Irene opens her eyes and she just had a dream. Not a bad dream, but a rather sweet dream. 

 

 

She thinks maybe it’s not just a dream but another piece of memories, memories which belong to her and Wendy. It feels so real, or a little bit too real. It was just a mundane day for them as a couple. Yet, it could also be one of the best days they had ever shared.

 

 

She curses herself for being such a for ditching Wendy after all those things they’d gone through, all those days they’d shared, all those promises they’d made. She hopes she could spend a day with Wendy like that again, she hopes she could make it right this time, she hopes she could protect Wendy from all the harm instead of hurting her herself.

 

 

Or she should just make this day happen again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Isn't this too sweet? lol

It has been a great year with you all.

Thank you!

And see you soon.

xo