... There Is Doubt

Your Sky Is Sorrowful 2 [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Giyoung stared utterly to the handsome man who was eating carelessly of the chicken soup and rice she had cooked for lunch. He had taken thirds but he was still starving. But this behavior is normal for a person who had slept empty-stomached for many hours and for Jungkook, it was two days. Jungkook didn’t even care for his dirty appearance even when Giyoung was staring at him as though he was a homeless hungry man on the streets.

Jungkook glanced at her and she flustered for she didn’t see that coming. He continued to shove the rice into his mouth without his eyes moving away from her and this made Giyoung uneasy.

Amy was also staring at him, admiring him for his looks. She had a curiosity as wide as the sea – her mind was filled with questions to who he is.

“Are you an angel?” she asked, titlting her head, pasting it on her palm. Although, Jungkook was grimy, his looks can still be plastered on his face and this made the girls think what if he washed himself – give him a makeover and air at how he looks?

He’d be dead gorgeous.They both thought.

The man was clueless to what he was supposed to answer Amy, he only shook and continue to shove in the food.


KNOCK. KNOCK.

Giyoung hurried towards the door that was right beside the wall of the daycare kitchen, just below the small stairs, knowing who was coming. “He’s awake?” Jin left a question as he rushed inside towards the kitchen to see the man who had slept for 2 days since the day Amy found him, lying on the grass near the forest behind the daycare. Giyoung didn’t answer his previous question, letting him see the answer himself. Jin entered the house with a suitcase and suddenly knelt down to observe the sleeping beauty that was still eating.

Jungkook was surprised for the sudden action of the man wearing a white coat who surprisingly took out his little flashlight to flash it onto his eyes, examining him. The woman had her arms folded and watched Jin doing his job while her little sister stood beside her and joined her watch. “He just woke up this late morning. We asked for his name and he told us ‘Jungkook’ but when we asked where he came from, he said he doesn’t know,” Giyoung stated. Amy wasn’t fond of Jin at all so she hid behind her sister’s back, looking quite shy.

Jin moved his hair that was covering his eyes slightly aside, at the back of his ears and turned to guise her, and queried, “How old are you?”

“22?”

“This man is probably the same age.”

“So?”

“I’m just telling.”

The doctor smirked for his ability to tell Jungkook’s age but Giyoung or maybe anybody wouldn’t be totally impressed except for little Amy. The woman rolled her eyes and changed the subject to its importance, “So who is he?” “As if I know,” then it was Jin’s turn to roll his eyes.

“I mean, is he a bad guy or a good guy?”

“Like I said, I don’t know. I’m a doctor, not a detective.”

Giyoung was worried for she fear Jungkook will be a troublesome to her and her only family, her sister, Amy. And Jin knew it so well. Jungkook looked innocently at her, unable to comprehend what was happening around him. But he could feel that Giyoung was the only person who he could depend to.

“Let me check on him. I’ll be only asking questions,” assured Jin, wanting to be of assistance to Giyoung more and helped Jungkook to rise from his seat, taking him away towards a room where they can’t be interrupted. Jungkook, as he walks away, looked at Giyoung – he was afraid, perhaps, for he didn’t understood why he was taken away from the kitchen by a stranger. Giyoung, too, was also a stranger but Jungkook feel more comfortable around her. He was hoping for Giyoung to explain him what was going on. But Giyoung only looked at him, turned away and took Amy to another room.

A woman in a white dress was sitting on a field of daisies, under a sky so clear that it was entirely ocean blue, Hyemi planted her palm onto the ground as her legs enclosed together. She slowly picked up one daisy and pecked on it softly. Her eyes observed it for a while, gradually forming a smile on her lips.

“Jungkook,” she whispered to herself. It had been 5 earth years since she parted away from Jungkook – that would be 500 years in her world. It was rare for her to call his name ever since.

Not long after that, her smile chan

Please log in to read the full chapter