A man's story

Pregnant with my boss' baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       

        Tao was ready. Ready for what, you might ask. Well, after he was released from the hospital and they brought their baby boy home, Tao felt really restless. He wanted to let out all the bottled feelings he had for Kai. He was certain that this way the right time to do it. He just needed to find a moment in which he could have Kai’s undivided attention. That might be a hard feat to achieve since Kai was basically glued to their little baby.

What Tao found both endearing and amusing was that, even though Kai had no idea about babies, he was still trying his best to feed their little boy, change his diapers, put him to sleep. It was really adorable to see the CEO of Kim International acting like that and Tao was enjoying every minute of it immensely.

They had decided to name their little boy Minsu. There was no real explanation behind the name but they were both enamored by it. They found it fit their cute baby to perfection. Minsu was a bundle of energy and although they got very little sleep and felt cranky most of the time, they had no regrets. Tao was happier now than he had ever been before. Still, there was something he couldn’t get off his mind. They needed to have a real talk about their feelings because Tao had to know where he stood with Kai. He was ready for rejection but he secretly hoped that Kai liked him back, even if just a little.

After Tao put baby Minsu to bed, he went to Kai’s office downstairs. He felt his heart might just burst from the tension and the emotions bubbling up inside of him. He entered the office slowly as not to disturb Kai and sat down on the couch. Kai seemed to be really immersed in his papers but Tao knew he couldn’t postpone this discussion.

“Kai we have to talk. Well, actually I have to tell you something very important.”

“Alright. I’m all ears.”

“The truth is I’ve been in love with you probably from the first day I met you. I was so happy when you hired me because this was my chance of doing all the things I have always wanted to do. It took me some time to realize that I was completely in love with you but after I figured this out, I couldn’t get it out of my head. Then we had that one night together and everything became a mess. I didn’t want to tell you about the baby because I was afraid of your reaction. I didn’t want you to think I did it just so that I can blackmail into giving me money or forcing you into a relationship. No matter how much I loved you, I knew I couldn’t never do something to hurt you like that. Then your parents suggested we got married and I panicked because I was aware that, even though I would be marrying the man of my dreams, I knew that you didn’t wish for any of this. But after that you insisted on this and I just couldn’t find it in my heart to tell you no. I tried to keep my feelings for you as hidden as possible but I cannot do that anymore. I think it is finally time to tell you that I love you.”

“I don’t know what to say Tao. You are precious to me but I don’t think I can love you the way you want. I have been hurt many times in the past and I believe that my heart is broken beyond repair.”

“I-I understand. I just wanted you to know about what I feel for you. I will do my best not to burden you with my love. I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. Still, I hope that this won’t affect the friendship we have built in the last few months.”

“Of course not, Tao. You’ll always be a special friend to me. Plus the fact that we have a baby ties us irrevocably. Somebody wise once told me that love is a fleeting feeling. Today is here and tomorrow is gone. Respect is what makes a relationship last. And I respect you a lot Tao. You’re one of the most hard-working and admirable persons I have ever met in my life.”

“Thank you for your kind words. And you’re probably right. Love doesn’t last a lifetime. I am sure that with the passing of time I will learn to forget.”

Tao said those words to make Kai feel better but he was feeling horrible inside. To be rejected like that hurt, especially since Tao loved Kai so much. Who was he kidding?! A man like Kai could never fall for him. The only thing he could wish was for Kai not to get bored or tired of their relationship one day. His only consolation was that he had a beautiful baby boy who would be his joy and his reason for living. He didn’t have Kai’s love but what he had was so much better. He had a part of Kai that will always stay with him. Minsu.

After Tao left his office, Kai was feeling rather confused about the whole affair. He hadn’t expected for Tao to confess to him. He found Tao very attractive and sweet but he wasn’t sure about what he actually felt for him. He wasn’t ready to put his heart on the line again. He hoped Tao understood that. Maybe one day he would learn to love again. Tao deserved somebody to love him completely but he didn’t know how to do that. He had too many wounds that were still healing.

It had been very difficult for Tao in the first days to pretend they never had that talk but he had made it in the end by concentrating entirely on Minsu. He was growing so fast and Tao didn’t want to miss any precious moment with him. Kai was a really good father and Tao was thankful for that because he was starting to see that love was really not enough to make a relationship work. Kai’s friendship was more valuable because he knew that this would last. He was very loyal to the ones he cared about and Tao was happy to be one of them.

A thing which had come as a surprise to Tao had been Kai’s insistence on making him attend all the private parties Kai usually went to. When Tao had told him about his doubts, Kai had said that he was his husband now and there was no need for him to be hiding. He was proud of Tao and he really didn’t care about what the others might say. He was aware of the fact that there were rumous circulating around that had to do with their hasty marriage and Tao’s pregnancy but he was not bothered by that. Kai had a wonderful husband and a perfect little boy and the people around them had no right to judge or point their fingers at them because they hadn’t done anything wrong. Tao loved the fact that Kai acted so defensive when it came to him and their baby. It made him feel cherished and cared for and that was a marvellous feeling.

The only problem with this predicament was that Kai looked fabulous in a suit and Tao was feeling flustered all the time because of that. Kai seemed not to have any clue about his -appeal but all the other people in the room were watching his every move. Tao was glaring at everybody because they should just watch their partners instead of Tao’s husband. His angry musing were interrupted by a very deep voice.

“Why are you pouting? Somebody so beautiful as you shouldn’t have any reason to do that. Who is botheri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter