Chapter 1

Meanie!

hyung, lets go grab some coffee!”

“hyung, lets play!”

“Wonwoo hyung!”

 

I miss him. He always is there for me. He always beside me everywhere I go. I miss him, I miss my Kim Mingyu. I guess he doesn’t need me anymore. He is happy with others anyway. I’m perfectly fine. You are fine, Jeon Wonwoo. It is not like his means world to you…but he is.

 

“Wonwoo hyung?”

 

It hurts…

 

“Wonwoo hyung!”

 

Am I that bad…?

 

“WONWOO!”

 

Am I annoyed him that much…?

 

“JEON WONWOO!”

 

“Huh…?” Wonwoo sees s gather around him, throwing him those worry looks. His eyes search for that person as he counts s.

 

11… Where is him…

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Wonwoo dumbly asks s. Scoups sighs.

 

“I asked Chan to get you...” The leader looks at Dino, assuring him to continue as he sees the bothered look on the maknae’s face. The maknae nods despondently.

 

“…I called you two times hyung. You know how scared was I seeing you spaced out? I thought you’re dead at the moment.” The younger hand’s grips securely on Wonwoo’s shoulder, his eyes still looking at his hyung worriedly.

 

“You have been spacing out Wonwoo. Your face…you look like you’re in pain. Are you okay?” asks one of his best friends, Hoshi, who is sitting beside him with Dokyum, one of his best friends too. They are so close together during trainees’ days along with Kim Mingyu, the one who steals his heart. Wonwoo blinks.

 

Did I space out too much? Oh god.

 

“Wonwoo?”

 

“Yeah…?” Wonwoo looks at the owner of the voice.

 

“You okay?” asks Woozi, who decides to talk since Wonwoo isn’t answering Hoshi.

 

“Er, I’m okay guys. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry Chan.” Dino hugs his hyung tightly. He is anxious to death seeing his hyung doesn’t reply him before. Vernon pats the maknae’s head, assuring him that Wonwoo is okay.

 

“Hyung, if you have problems, just tell us. We are family, aren’t we? I don’t want you to get sick.” Dino murmurs. Wonwoo feels so guilty towards the maknae. Dino constantly care about his hyungs more than himself. This kid is too precious. How he wish that person would do this to him…like he always do. The door cracks open, revealing the one who he has been looking for. Mingyu tilts his head at the door.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” asks the tall boy, raising his eyebrow clearly bewildered why all of s gathers in his shared room. Joshua and Jeonghan are about to answer Mingyu but Wonwoo stops them with his left hand since Dino is still hugging him. Wonwoo glances at Hoshi and Dokyum for help. His best friends look at each other and nod, receiving Wonwoo’s pleading look.

 

“Seungcheol hyungggggg, I’m hungry already.” Dokyum pouts as he acts like he is hungry. He is truly hungry though. Scoups shakes his head, obviously give up, looking at his younger member ‘stupid’ pout. He unconsciously nods.

 

“Yeay let’s eat! Kaja!” Dokyum take a hold of Hoshi, Hoshi clutches Wonwoo while Wonwoo pulls Dino with him. The others stare at them weirdly. Wonwoo takes a glance at Mingyu and smiles sadly at him. The latter just stares at him, knowing the smile that his beloved hyung give him. I’m sorry Wonwoo hyung. Then, the others leave the room, leaving Mingyu stands still at his earlier position. Mingyu pulls a face when s don’t answer his question nevertheless he choose to shake it off since he is hungry too.

 

171717171717171717171717171717171717

 

Four years ago

 

“Hi! My name is Kim Mingyu! What about you?” said the taller guy, beaming at him? The truth is Wonwoo can hardly breathe since he saw this very handsome looking guy in front of him. Yes, he is a gay and scared if he will fall for s later, they will think that he is disgusting. He cleared his throat since that Mingyu guy is looking at him, clearly waiting for his response.

 

“Hello, I’m Jeon Wonwoo.” Wonwoo bend over as his respect for his new member.

 

“Nice to meet you, Wonwoo!” Since the introduction happened, Mingyu began to talk and talk like there were no tomorrow. If Mingyu suddenly stop talking, I- great Mingyu did stop talking, giving him a weird glance. Wonwoo looked at him uneasily.

 

“Wait, how old is you?” asked Mingyu, raising his eyebrow. Wonwoo didn’t know when and why he was holding his breath. He laughed to himself.

 

“I’m 16 this year. What about you, Mingyu-shi?” said Wonwoo, trying not to laugh because of Mingyu’s reaction. Mingyu’s eyes were widened and someway Wonwoo assumed it was slightly amusing.

 

“You look so young…how can you be 16?!” Mingyu screeched, frowned. Don’t do that face you. Wonwoo acts like he is thinking.

“So, you are younger than me?” Mingyu nodded.

 

“You look older though…” Wonwoo finally laughed, making Mingyu groaned.

 

“Heyyyyyyy.”

 

“Just kidding, kid.”

 

“I’m not a kid!”

 

“You are younger than me so it makes you a kid.” Wonwoo cutely sticking his tongue out.

 

“Whatever you say then.” Mingyu pulled a face. He is cute. Wonwoo thought as he continued to laugh. After a while, they broke down into silent. Mingyu who didn’t like the current situation, started to ask Wonwoo again.

 

“Can I call you hyung then?”

 

“Yes, that is what you called respect the elders.” Wonwoo giggled when he saw Mingyu glared at him.

 

“I’m just joking, kid.” Wonwoo patted his head.

 

“I’m not a kid!”

 

Both of them start to hang out more often since they were trainees in the same company anyway. Wonwoo made his mind up to stop calling Mingyu “kid” since Mingyu was taller than him now (Wonwoo was ashamed of that). They started to depend on each other shoulders and became so close, too close for Wonwoo since he kinda liked the younger a bit too much for a friend. Wonwoo didn’t tell anyone, not even Hoshi and Dokyum. He was afraid yet terrified if they didn’t want to talk to him again. Mingyu in another hand likes to stay beside Wonwoo, everyday, everytime and everywhere (except for those certain situations, you know.) The other members once declared that they were like “There’s Wonwoo, there’s Mingyu. There’s Mingyu, there’s Wonwoo”.

 

But now, where did the memories gone? Wonwoo sits down on his bed after dinner, currently sighing. He misses the younger so much. He misses his touch, his voice when he calls Wonwoo, his accent, his hug, his accompany, his face and most of all his care, his protection towards Wonwoo. Wonwoo doesn’t remember when he last talking to the younger. He doesn’t remember when Mingyu begin to ignore him. He doesn’t remember when the last time Mingyu even look at him anymore. His eyes start to fill with tears but he holds it since he is afraid s could have listen behind the door. A few minutes later, after spacing out again, he hears the door squeaked open, revealing his best friends. They walk to Wonwoo and look at him, frowning.

 

“What’s up?” Wonwoo smiles like he always do. Hoshi stares at Wonwoo as if he is saying that Wonwoo is an idiot while Dokyum only can sigh. Wonwoo looks at his best friends oddly.

 

“You love him, don’t you, Wonwoo?”