8.5 "Cocktail Dresses Only"

Cash or Credit?

Chanyeol had a day off, but that wasn’t enough to stop him from coming. His excuse: catching Byun Baekhyun.

But Byun Baekhyun didn’t give a rat’s , and the two proceeded to be bored in the empty hat shop.

“There’s nothing to doo.” Baekhyun droned. “I wanna diieee.”

Chanyeol sighed and flipped open his camcorder. “Hello, I’m Park Chanyeol. I’m the main protagonist of this story,” he said. “I own a hat shop on a strip mall, and my mission is to catch the evil shoplifter, Baekhyun.”

He turned the camera to Baek, who awkwardly straightened up. “I’m Byun Baekhyun. I’m the real protagonist.” Chanyeol opened his mouth to protest, but was silenced. “My mission is to drive the hat shop owner insane while eating snacks. That is all.”

The camera went back to Chanyeol, who paused the video. He looked at Baek. They shared a look of oh yeah and ran out of the hat store. The first person they saw was Junmyeon, sitting outside the store.

Chanyeol focused the camera on the homeless man and Baekhyun raised an imaginary mic to his face, telling him to introduce himself.

“Kim Junmyeon. But I am the guardian of this strip mall, so people call me Suho.”

“No they don-”

“I am currently homeless, but that doesn’t matter as long as Jongdae keeps on losing bets.”

Baekhyun nodded. “Who is someone at this strip mall you’d like to get to know better?”

Junmyeon thought. “I’d like to get more in touch with my inner Zen. The person I want to get to know better is myself.”

“That will be all.” Baekhyun and Jumnyeon nodded at the camera, and the two beagles headed for their next victim.

 


 

“Yifan!” Chanyeol called.

“I’m telling you, it’s Kris.”

“Whatever. Let us interview you.” Baekhyun raised the imaginary mic. “Introduce yourself.”

“I’m Wu Yifan. Also known as Kris. I’m the cop who watches over the strip mall, but my best friend Myeonnie is the one who really guards it. He’s amazing! He’s good looking, and has a nice voice, and he gives great advice! One time, I asked him about Tao-”

“Okay, cut.” Chanyeol paused the camera. “Talk about yourself.”

“…”

“What’s your favorite part of the day?” Baekhyun said, starting a new topic.

“That’s either talking to Myeonnie, or buying my daily donut.” Yifan winked at the camera, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun moved on to the next person.

 


 

Jongin was refilling the gas in some old Honda Civic when the camera came to him. “Hello, I’m Kim Jongin. I own the auto-repair shop.”

“If you were stranded on an island, who would you bring with you and why?” Baekhyun asked in his announcer voice.

“I’d bring anyone but D.O, because I wouldn’t want him to get hurt or sick!’

“Woah,” Chanyeol said, as they started for the next subject. “That’s like, real love.”

The next person was Kyungsoo, who introduced himself as “The hip young drug-store owner who is seven collectibles away from owning the largest Spongebob merch collection in Korea.”

“Uh-huh.” Baekhyun said. “Who here would you like to hire as an employee in your shop?”

Kyungsoo didn’t even have to think about it. “Definitely Jongin, because I feel like he’d love to work for me!”

As the two walked away, Baekhyun coughed. “Kyungsoo and Jongin seem to have different perspectives of their relationship.”

“No kidding.”

 


 

“Hi. I’m Huang Zitao, the main attraction of this garbage dump.”

“Okay, Tao. Who, in your opinion, is the best looking person here?”

Chanyeol looked hopeful and Baekhyun looked smug.

“Sehun, duh.”

Sehun’s head shot up. He was sitting on the foldable lawn chair. Chanyeol brought the camera to him.

“Hah, yes, I’m Oh Sehun, the best looking person here. On March 18th, 2k15, I was noticed by Sasha Fierce, aka the Queen B Beyonce. I’m also Katy Perry’s number one fan, and the saint who converted boss-man Kyungsoo to the fandom.”

“THAT.IS.A.LIE.” Kyungsoo’s voice boomed from the back room.

“Anyway, Sehun,” Baekhyun said, holding up the invisible mic. “Out of the people in the strip mall, who do you think would look the best in a dress?”

Sehun laughed. “Not Tao.”

“Bro I thought we agreed my was for cocktail dresses and cocktail dresses only.” Tao sassed. “So what do you mean I wouldn’t look good in one?”

“ I told you, your is for polo skirts.” Sehun snapped his fingers. “Flat as a board.”

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol. “Let’s not get too involved with this one.” Chanyeol nodded and they headed for the medicine isle.

Advil Lay was exactly where they thought he’d be. “Um, I’m Zhang Yixing, and, um, people call me Lay, and, um…um…I like shopping here.”

“Thanks Yixing.”

“Now tell us,” Chanyeol said from behind the camera. “Who is your OTP here, at this fine establishment?”

“What’s an OTP?” Baek whispered.

“Ssh, fandom speak.”

Lay thought. “Uh, probably you two…?”

Chanyeol stiffened and nodded harshly. “Thank you.” And speed-walked out.

Baekhyun chased after him. “Wait, what’s an OTP? How come we’re his OTP?”

“Silence, you robber.” Chanyeol said, walking towards Minseok and Luhan, who were sitting in a red Ferrari.

 


 

“I’m Kim Minseok, I’m ‘the filthy gambling ’ who wins all the bets in this strip mall.”

“I see.” Baekhyun nodded. “And who calls you a filthy gambling ?”

Minseok pointed at Luhan, who was sipping a smoothie in the passenger seat. Luhan flashed a peace sign.

“Okay, who here do you think would be cool to have as a significant other?”

Luhan pinched Minseok’s arm, and he immediately said “Lu-ge, obviously, I mean look how pretty he is!” Luhan raised an eyebrow. “Ahem, handsome, handsome. Not pretty. Nope.”

“I’m a charm.” Luhan said. “And a man.”

“Uh-huh.” Baekhyun said. “And Luhan, your introduction?”

“Well,” Luhan flipped his long brown hair. “I’m Luhan, a guy who’s been forced to advertise as a Japanese schoolgirl.” He posed with his hands on his hips. “I’m also Baozi’s love interest.”

Minseok flicked his forehead and Chanyeol and Baekhyun scurried off as fast as they could.

 


 

The last person on the list was Jongdae. He was standing outside in the heat in his suit, fanning himself with a stack of paper money.

“I’m Kim Jongdae, the handsomest man here. I’m richer than the president and braver than a shark. I’m faster than a cheetah and more loyal than a dog. Sly as a fox and humble as a lion. The king of the-”

“Okay, okay.” Baekhyun shushed him. “Who here do you hate the most?”

“Minseok. No, Junmyeon. Maybe that Faye, kid.”

“You mean Lay?”

“Whatever. I hate all those punks who think they’re the .” Jongdae smiled. “But of course I love you two.”

“Thanks Momma Jongdae,” Baekhyun said, skipping away for the hat store. Chanyeol started after him, but was stopped by the millionaire.

Jongdae winked. “Good luck, my boy.”

Chanyeol nodded and left.

 


 

The inside of the hat shop had been infiltrated.

The shelves had been moved against the walls and someone had set a table in the middle of the shop. There was a candlelit dinner and the lights were all off.

“Waaaah~ Baekhyun ran towards the table and sat down. “Food! And it’s Happy Meals!”

Chanyeol laughed nervously. Nicely done, Momma Jongdae. I’ll definitely be able to catch him now.

 He took a seat. On his plate, there was a little note.

Hey, Shawna, I thought this would be the perfect gesture, so I set it up for you.

Here are some other things you can try later:

  • ear biting
  • slapping
  • twisting

Make sure you do, and don’t worry about thanking me, kid.

“So, what about you?”

“Huh?”

“Who do you think would look the best in a dress?”

Baekhyun burst out laughing. “Myself. My body is no joke.”

“Okay…now ask me.”

“Ah, who would you like to hire, in your shop?”

He thought about that. “Luhan, because he’s desperate.”

“Nice.”

Chanyeol gulped. He looked at Baekhyun.

“Uh…”

“Yeah?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Um…are you…”

“What?”

“Do you…”

“Uh-huh?”

“Uhm, are you, uh…do…are you…”

“?”

“Are you gonna eat that?” Chanyeol pointed towards the French fries beside Baekhyun’s plate.

He got swatted away.

-

Hahaha, I hope you guys know, this is an extra chapter, so it's not supposed to really follow much of the story. The main purpose was to summarize everyone's roles. 

IMPORTANT: Chapters 9 and 10 will be two parts of one plot. Also, the story ends after Chapter 10. 

BUT WORRY NOT. I am a busy writer, and am whipping up more stories as you read this. So keep subscribed, and check out my other story. I plan to write a lot in the future, so STAY. TUNED. 

Also, chanbaek.

Don't you agree?

Comment, Upvote, Subscribe, tell me what you think, and tell your friends about this crappy little fic, so more people can read it :)