fin.

three reasons why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were a lot of things Junghan can list down when asked about why he liked Jisoo. Things that could start from his gorgeous, wide eyes, to his relaxing voice. He could sing like an angel and Junghan absolutely loved that the most. He looked like an angel too, and sometimes Junghan thought the 'angel' nickname would fit him more than himself. It was a slow process when he first realized he was developing a crush on Seventeen's America-born member, but when it happened he realized there was no way out. Especially because they were always together. 

Junghan tried to stay away, but really, it was hard not finding himself following after the kindhearted member.

When he finally admitted to himself that yeah, okay, the crush on Jisoo was definitely a thing, Junghan did what he thought was most logical. Hide it. Keep it hidden deep inside of him for nobody to see or even notice- especially not Jisoo.  It got harder as the days went on- there were more practices, more moments together, just more of Jisoo everywhere and at anytime. Sure, there are the other members as well but of course his focus was solely on the other vocal line member. 

Junghan grew so adamant about the fact that things won't go anywhere that he even listed reasons down as to why he should never confess and in a way, not even think about the crush at all. He kept in tucked in the middle of his notebook- the one with song lyrics and other things he uses to practice, so that it blends with all the writing and hopefully, wasn't interesting enough to be seen by the other members. He checks back to the notebook every now and then, specifically whenever it feels like his hopes are getting the best of him. 

For example, when Junghan's heart began to race all because Jisoo's hand brushed against his during vocal practice one day. 

Or when Jisoo had lightly commented about how good Junghan looked the first time they all got their hair and makeup done. 

Or when Jisoo gave him the first slice of pizza when the box came for their afternoon snacks, even if there were 11 other members. 

All those small, tiny moments of the day that the other members probably brushed aside as Jisoo being Jisoo, all gentlemanly with a golden heart, managed to leave Junghan awake on his bed for hours at night, replaying them all in his head. It all ends up with him checking to see if the other members in the room were awake- Jisoo was one of them, but he sleeps in the top bunk, so at least Junghan's safe from him- before the notebook would make a scene. Junghan would read through what he labeled as 'three reasons why':

1. Jisoo likes girls. That's it, really, there's nothing you can do about that. At least, maybe he does? Yeah, he probably does. What chance do you have, even if you have long hair... 
2. Okay, Junghan, let's say you find out Jisoo does not like girls. Then what? Will he like you? How could you possibly be his type- just look at yourself in the mirror. There are others out there better than you. 
3. If he looks past all of this, then what? If you get in a relationship, will it last? Is it something worth sacrificing your friendship for? Jisoo could always find someone better in the end. Keep the crush to yourself, Yoon Junghan! 

That was usually how most of his nights ended, with a quick read over the reasons, a small little sigh escaping his lips, and the notebook disappearing under his pillow as he slept. 


 


There was probably something about keeping it in his lyrics notebook that should have screamed like it was a bad idea, but Junghan realized that pretty late. Specifically, he realized it right after Jisoo returned the said notebook to him one day, with a small word of thanks and a quick smile, and at that moment Junghan was hit with such a wave of realization and panic that he wasn't able to reply to Jisoo. 

How could he have been so careless with leaving the notebook alone with Jisoo of all people? 

Junghan vaguely remembered being distracted by Jisoo's dancing while they all practiced together. Jisoo sang very well, that was a given, but his dancing was honestly pretty eye-catching as well. When group practices ended, they all had to separate for other lessons. Jisoo had vocals. Junghan had dance. Jisoo had asked to borrow Junghan's notebook since he forgot to bring his. Junghan dumbly said yes because it was Jisoo and when did he ever say no to Jisoo and his sweet, sweet voice? They parted ways. 

"Junghan?" Jisoo asked, snapping the other boy back to the present dilemma. "You alright? You turned kinda pale." 

Junghan gave a shaky nod, "yeah, sorry, I just remembered something." 

"You sure you're not sick?" Jisoo continued, concern all over his features as he raised a hand and placed it on Junghan's forehead, making the latter almost jump back in surprise at the sudden contact. "It's kind of warm." 

"I'm alright!" Junghan exclaimed, chuckling awk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter