two

Adorable U

 

It was a weekend and Mingyu was still sleeping peacefully on his bed when the sound of the house doorbell rang. Mingyu heard it rang thrice before it finally stopped. His mom must have opened the door for that person.

Mingyu checked his phone to see what time it was only 8am. He wondered who could have come so early in a weekend. Mingyu didn’t move a single bit from his bed and continued to rest his tired body until he was no longer sleepy. He headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab himself some breakfast when he saw her sitting in the living room comfortably chatting with his mother.

 

“Oh Mingyu-ah, finally you’re awake. ” His mother said.

“Dahee here brought us some waffles, go have some for breakfast.” His mother commanded and Mingyu immediately obeyed. He took a mouthful of the waffle from the basket and poured himself some milk.

“Noona, why are you here so early in the morning? Don’t you usually hangout with Hyung Seok hyung during these time?” Mingyu raised an eyebrow at Dahee and asked. Dahee did not respond to his question and changed the topic immediately, but Mingyu already knew the reason even without her answering. Hyung Seok might have been out of the country with his parents. After all that is the only reason she comes to Mingyu’s home, when her boyfriend is out.

“Aunt Kim, is it okay if I take Mingyu out with me later?” Dahee asked Mingyu’s mom. Without hesitation, Mingyu’s mom allowed them to leave saying that Mingyu as been staying on his room all the time, that he lives like a vampire inside that room and that it would be good for him to go out.

 

Dahee and Mingyu went to a nearby ice cream parlor and ordered their favorite mint choco chip ice cream. While eating though, Mingyu noticed that Dahee’s mind seemed to go elsewhere, like something was troubling her but Mingyu just decided to let it go.

After eating ice cream, they headed to the mall and played the arcade. Mingyu and Dahee played hoops, racing and even guitar hero and Dahee kicked his in all of those games because Mingyu allowed her to. Mingyu wanted her to let go of her problems right now and just have fun with him, and Mingyu knew nothing would make her happier than winning on arcades, but this time around, even though she won, she wasn’t happy. The smile she was putting up her face right now, he now knows that its fake, she was forcing herself to smile.

 

“Mingyu ah! Look! The movie Minions is now showing! I want to watch let’s go!” she said excitedly while pointing at the movie poster. Mingyu stopped and stared at Dahee for a while to read her expression. “What is really going on over her mind? Does she really want to go watch a movie?” Mingyu thought.

“Mingyu ah, what are you doing?” she asked, making Mingyu snap out of this thoughts.

“Noona, do you really want to watch the movie or you just want to distract yourself by watching the movie?” Mingyu finally asked and Dahee was taken aback by his question. The expression that looked like ‘How did he know’ was seen on her face.

“What made you think that I needed to distract myself? I really wanted to watch that movie.” Dahee questioned.

“Liar.” Mingyu said and continued. “You’ve already watched that same movie with your friends last week.” Mingyu pointed out.

“Why can’t I watch the same thing over again if I like it?” Dahee argued.

“Just spill it noona!” Mingyu said and finally Dahee gave up. She explained what was really on her mind and what happened. It turns out that she and her boyfriend got into a fight before he left the country and headed to Hong Kong with his parents. It has been three days since the fight but he hasn’t left her any messages like he used to and this made Dahee feel worried.

"Cheer up noona. He's on a vacation with his family, give him some time. He did not say anything about breaking up with you. Did he? It means you guys are not yet over." Mingyu said to try to calm Dahee down.

Even though Mingyu wished that Dahee would dislike Hyungsok, he had no choice but to support Dahee's desicion. He would have to cheer both of them on, and wish them the best even if it’s against him.

Mingyu accompanied Dahee to shopping some clothes, eating pasta at a nearby restaurant, and even in watching a movie. Dahee seemed to feel a lot better now. She no longer looks like she had a lot of troubles on her mind, and that made Mingyu's heart feel relaxed.

 

While the two of them were about to go home, they passed by an ice skating rink. Dahee suggested that they go do some skating first and made Mingyu agree with her. Dahee looked so excited about going in that she was busy taking lots of pictures and selcas with her phone. Meanwhile as Mingyu was paying for their entrance, he saw a couple passed by him and the guy’s face looked familiar to him. He wondered who that guy could be, and then he did. It was Hyung Seok.

“What was he doing here when he was supposed to be abroad?” Mingyu thought.

He quickly retreated from the cashier and went outside to see whether Dahee saw or not, and thankfully she didn’t.

Mingyu made up a lie and told Dahee that it was late and he couldn’t go skating with her because he still had something to do at home so that she wouldn’t see. Now was not the right time for Dahee to know about today, she just recovered from being sad.

 

He would have to have a talk with Hyung Seok first to make sure that what he saw was a misunderstanding.

 


Author's Note:

Hi guys! I hope you like this short update :) I have been busy with my school and my korean class lately that it was hard for me to find time to update.

Also, because of the short time I have to update, I have been thinking of making this fic a short fic instead of a long one. What do you guys think?

Thank you for reading my story even if its a bit immaturish/ boring. I'll try to come up with better chapters in the future! I promise! ^^