one

Adorable U

Usually before heading to school Mingyu stops over to his noona’s house to wait for her so that they could catch the bus ride together, but now that she has her own boyfriend, she gets to ride into her boyfriend’s car everyday instead. Mingyu left his house to head to school, but like a habit that he couldn’t avoid, he again unconsciously passed by his noona’s house just to see whether she left already.

 

There Mingyu saw Dahee standing in front of her doorstep smiling widely at her boyfriend and they were holding hands while heading towards his car. Mingyu felt his heart sank, even though he knew he didn’t stand a chance with his noona, seeing her smile like that with another man hurt him. He waited for the couple to drive away to school before he himself head to school.

Mingyu entered the classroom in a daze when his best friend Wonwoo came and placed his arm around Mingyu.

“You’re in a daze. Let me guess, it is because of Dahee noona again.” Wonwoo pointed out.

“I am not!” Mingyu denied and playfully shoved Wonwoo’s hand away. “Why don’t you just confess to her then? Be a man. You guys are best friends you know. It might change the way she looks at you.” Wonwoo suggested.

“Nope I’m not doing that. I don’t want anything to change between us. It’s better that way. Besides, she already has Hyung Seok sunbae.” Mingyu said.

 

Dahee’s boyfriend Park Hyung Seok is one among few of their school’s most popular guys. He is the typical handsome, smart and rich guy that all girls fall head over heels for. One day when Mingyu and Dahee were hanging out, Dahee suddenly confessed that she had someone she likes and that the other person likes her too, it turns out the guy she was talking about was Park Hyung Seok. At first Mingyu had doubts as to whether Hyung Seok was just playing around with Dahee, but he turned out to be wrong. Hyung Seok was kind to Dahee, in fact he treated her like a princess. Hyung Seok took her out to dates, held hands with her everyday, drove her to and from school, and calls her every night. Dahee was even already introduced to Hyung Seok parents and they liked her, and the news about it spread all over the school. The couple was cheesy and sweet enough to make everybody jealous even Mingyu who was Dahee’s best friend because they were the perfect couple.

 

Ever since the two of them dated, Dahee had less time to hang around with Mingyu. She rarely even goes to watch his games either.

 

Mingyu was not as popular as Hyung Seok but he is also someone in their school whom girls go crazy for, because he is not only handsome but he is also a really good athlete, and a real gentleman. He always helps the girls carry their things if he sees them struggling with it, and he always gives his hand to people who need help. He is also the school’s football varsity team captain for two years in a row now. Mingyu might not be as wealthy as Hyung Seok but compared to him, Mingyu is much smarter. A lot of girls wanted to date Mingyu, but he turns them down because they don’t interest him, because they are not the same as his noona. Choi Dahee, who eats a tub of chocolate ice cream and never shares them. Choi Dahee who loves onions on her pizza. Choi Dahee that lives 5 houses apart from his.

 

Mingyu was in the hallway taking out books from his locker, when Dahee came running in the hallways calling his name. “Yah! Mingyuuuuuuu!!!” Mingyu turned around and saw Dahee catching her breath. She looked excited and happy about something. “Noona, aren’t you too old to be running in the hallways?” Mingyu asked.

“Why can’t I? You’re such a fun er Mingyu ah.” Dahee said.

“but, hey! That’s not why I went running here. Guess what?” Dahee asked.

“What?” Mingyu asked.

“I got 2 VIP tickets to the sold out Big Bang concert. Guess who’s going with me to the concert?” Dahee proudly announced and took out the tickets from her pocket.

“Wow noona. You really are something aren’t you? Big Bang’s concert tickets had already been sold out weeks ago. How did you manage to get something like that?” Mingyu asked. He’s clearly amazed.

“That is a secret.” She smirked. The truth is, Hyung Seok’s cousin is the one managing Big Bang’s concert, so Dahee asked Hyung Seok to help him, but he didn’t. So she secretly stole his cousin’s number on Hyung Seok’s phone and Dahee flooded the cousin with texts until the cousin finally agreed to sell the tickets to Dahee.

“Well, it’s a Big Bang concert. I’m sure you and Hyung Seok hyung would enjoy the show.” Mingyu pointed out.

“Who says I bought the other ticket for Hyung Seok? He’s not even a fan. It’s for you dummy.” Dahee said. “I know old hag. Who else do you would dance to fantastic baby? I just wanted to make sure.” Mingyu teased.

“If that’s the case, you owe me. Remember that. You better have pizza delivered tonight at my place as payment.”

 

Just like that, Mingyu’s gloomy mood changed again. Dahee chose to hang out with him instead of her boyfriend because they both like Big Bang, and because Dahee ran all the way to his locker just to tell this to him. That is how much power Dahee has over him, if only she knows about it.