oo5 wrong number ; DΞΔN

runaway ( collection of one shots)

"“I'm sorry you got the wrong number”

Oh dear-- You were pacing back and forth your dorm. You didn't know what else to do since Hyuk was practically mad at you right now. It wasn't like it was solely your fault for accidentally breaking that gundam he had been waiting for for months. You were a trainee under Fantagio and the only reason why you knew VIXX and Hyuk was because one of your co-members is cousins with him. She was the one who invited yourself over to Sanghyuk's house, sure she was a regular there but you had been the one telling her it wasn't a good a idea to come to his room and wait for them there and to top it all off, she accidentally broke that Gundam he had been talking about for the past weeks!
 

God were you mortified but even in more terror when your groupmate didn't even feel an once of guilt. You were the only one being fidgety and now Hyuk won't even talk to any of you. You were sure his anger would pass but it's not like that was gonna sit well with your conscience, and you didn't like it that he was mad.

His cousin refused to give his number to you, the guilt was driving you insane that even tho you weren't even as close to Ravi, you decided to text him instead, asking for Hyuk's number. Sure he was puzzled but after explaining a little bit of the reason to him he had sent you the number right away

Hyuk K.
+82 xx xxxx

Without wasting anymore time you had quickly tried to compose a message for him.


"Hey Hyuk, it's noona.
Look I'm really sorry I know you're mad right now but please reply to me
I promise to buy a new one of what we broke"

tap tap tap tap went your keypad as you were basically furiously typing in your reply.

sent.

Meanwhile, somewhere, a phone buzzes making the owner shift his gaze from the computer screen to his phone. Brows creasing once he reads the unregistered phone number's text message.

He wasn't sure who it was but all he thought was that it must have been someone he knew. Not a lot of people called him Hyuk nowadays, he was known and has always been know as Deanfluenza, or just Dean and besides, no one he knew had broken---

Oh darn it.

Someone had broken one of his beloved headsets last week. Maybe that was the same person and guilt has finally eaten them up. They were quite a pair, expensive too but he wondered which of his female friends were older and clumsy enough to break it in half.

Finally grabbing the phone, he quickly sends a reply back.

"I'm not mad anymore but how did you break it? I haven't even had much time to use it"

Your phone buzzed and you quickly opened the message, heaving a soft sigh. Finally! And even tho he was no longer mad it still saddened you.

to: sanghyuk
"I promise to buy you a new one.
Are you free tonight? we can go and look around"

 

You had a few hours more and practice was going to resume tomorrow morning quite thankfully. You didn't bother wearing anything flashy or too fashionista style, it was only Hyuk anyway. A simple pair of shorts or jeans and a shirt plus hoodie had always been what you wore around your friends, besides you were debuting soon so glamour can wait, comfort first while you could still have it.

Pondering a little, your thoughts wondered maybe you should go around now to see atleast if you found any then it would be better and Hyuk can just confirm it if he likes it and you'd instantly buy it for him.

Your phone buzzed again as you were putting in your small backpack the things you needed. Checking it quickly you frowned a little.

from: sanghyuk
"sure! does 9-ish or 10-ish sound good to you?"

The message was all too casual, maybe he was still a little bit mad and you couldn't blame him but the way he typed the message didn't seem like a Sanghyuk way to say things at all but you just shurgged it off, maybe he was busy and had someone else typing the message out for him. Replying with a quick 'alright see you' your phone didn't buzz not until an hour later, when you were finally at the mall. It was only 6 PM and there were a few people around at this time but surely by 8, more people would start comming in. It was a friday night and it would be overflowing with people here once Hyuk arrives, it worried you a little that what if someone recognizes him and mistakes you for a girlfriend?

Oh god no. You were just about to debut and you didn't want scandals following you, and most importanly, no sasaengs going after you.

While walking around, you phone buzzed again.

from: sanghyuk
"I finished up earlier than expected. I'm on my way I'll just wait for you there :)"

You panicked a little, but he was using a smiley face that made you chuckle. 'there's the Hyuk I know', you muttered quietly to yourself.

to: sanghyuk
"micky mouse shirt, ripped jeans, the brown coat and looking 🐷🐷🐽 as always"

you replied back and kept your phone. You wanted to tell him to meet your at your usual hangout place but there were far too many people and that was always a bad sign. Still walking around a few more minutes you could only wait for him to arrive. It was about a total of fifteen when you finally felt your phone vibrating again, it was another message from Hyuk stating he's already here and by the fountain. You weren't far from it and had quickly made your way but upon reaching the place, you frowned, you didn't see him at all or anything that resembled him. There were about seven people sitting around the fountain and not one of them was Sanghyuk.

'Is that kid playing games with me again?' you thought and sighed, quickly dialing his number and calling him instead. Maybe there was another fountain around?

The answer was almost instant as you turned around, back against the said spot while looking just incase he might have been in one of the nearby stores.

"Hyuk-ah.... I'm already here. Where are you?" you calmly asked. You were in no position to be mad at all, but instead of the usual Onew-like voice to greet you, it was different. It felt familiar but at the same time not really. Whipping to face him you froze as you were arms length away from a different male with his phone against his ear as well.

"You're not Hyuk!" You frowned as he mirrored your expression.

"Yes I'm Hyuk" He answered back but you had to admit, you liked his voice way better than Sanghyuk's and he was a total eye candy but he still wasn't the reason you had to drag yourself out of the dorm.

"Who are you?!" You asked a little too boldy, he froze for a moment out of shock and you weren't sure if it was because of your tone or because of the fact that you didn't know him. His face seemed familiar but you couldn't point your finger to it.

"You're the one that texted me first!" He finally spoke and oh. right there was that one option too, you were about to glare at him when you realized.

"Wonshik! ugh... he gave me the wrong phone number" You mumbled, squishing your own cheeks out of frustration. "I'm sorry, I thought you were Sanghyuk. This is really embarassing" God did you want to just pull your hair and have the ground swallow you up. You had made a fool of yourself infront of a handsome dude. Maybe this was the 'balance' you get for being way too happy yesterday.

He chuckled, and that got you having to raise your head and look at him despite the deep red of your cheeks. "It's alright... While we're here we can look around" He offered. You were about to say something but he beat you to it. "Don't worry, Ravi knows me and I'm pretty sure if you ask him about me, I hope it's only good things"

Eyes looking lost, you contemplated a little. He is kinda cute you thought, needing to pinch yourself. Dear god, why must you act this way of all days, he's just a boy for heaven's sake. A really good looking boy, your mind butted in. Although you were a trainee yourself and had met a few really good looking guys,, even alot more handsome than the person infront of you, there was just something about him... Maybe it was because he looked like an angel.

"I guess it's fine" You did want to spend a little more time with him, it wasn't always that one would be blessed to meet someone like him.

Putting your phone away, he keeps the soft smile on his face. "It's unfair that you know my name but I have no idea what's yours" God was his voice distracting. Telling your name in return, you give him a small shy smile as he repeats your name, liking the way his voice calls you out.

"So how do you know Ravi?" Explaining to him wasn't all that hard but his expression was unreadable, he surely didn'y think you were going to be an idol and you knew yourself you weren't as idol material yet. You did have the talent but you had always doubted your looks. You always felt that your appearance was least when it came to your co-members, and your body type felt like a burden. You weren't skinny but in some ways were you considered 'fat' and it was often troublesome.

"I didn't think you'd be a trainee" he honestly stated,and it tore you a little because you guess it was really true. Looks are the defining point, you heaved a soft sigh and didn't think he'd hear. "I thought you were in the underground scene" Head whipping to look at him, you gave a soft smile back and that felt a little better.

It was almost midnight and you had enjoyed yourself a little too much. Hyuk was just so warm and had stories to share, he was funny too and insisted that you pay for nothing at all but he resigned when you wouldn't let it pass that you wanted to treat him and thus the reason for your ice cream this late in the evening. You just wished that either the day doesn't end or you could have met him earlier,  he would probably have suit your ideal type.

Walking you home since your dorm wasn't too far away, you pleaded a little bit that hopefully he keeps in touch.

"It was nice meeting you" He said as you both stopped infront of the building's lobby. All you could mutter was a yeah and a smile. "See you around then?" You nodded and bid goodnight as he ushered you to quickly go in. You sighed, you didnt even have a photo to remember this day.

 

Your could feel someoen shaking you as you selpt on the practice room floor. Tired was an understatement, you were completely exhausted and now you were getting told to change into something a little better atleast because your group was finally meeting the producers for your album. Everyone was so excited even you, changing quickly and nearly jogging up to the office.

"I thought Dean wasn't going to show up today. He said he was busy" You and your groupmates could hear the hushed talks about the main producer of your album, you couldn't help but think. 'He's coming right? so what's their problem?' You were actually excited to meet this Deanfluenza. Your group was only told about this a few days ago and had forgotten to search him up all the time, sure they played his songs but you never really knew how he looked liked. "He's here" You heard the manager say and as you all stood up to greet him, you froze in your spot and eyes glued with a shocked expression.

On his lips were a playful smile, you had mentioned last night little detials about you and your group. Sneaky bastard!

"Hi the name's Kwon Hyuk but please do call me Dean" He said although his gazes lingering at you a few times, smile still playful as you still couldn't believe what you were seeing. Maybe the wrong number wasn't such a bad thing at all.

 

 

---

I have now officially caught the deanfluenza
I cri. ;;
this was supposed to be even longer omg otl