oo3 Spellbound ; Wonho

runaway ( collection of one shots)

"All it took was just one kiss"

“You know how I can’t stand being away from you” He said as you watched him with soft eyes. He had that painful gaze on his as he took a step closer with his lower lip inbetween his teeth while he waited for you to answer. You held his gaze steady for a moment before opening up your mouth only to hear a snort coming from him making you deflate your shoulders and stare in disbelief. This is never going to work out, you thought.


“Julie!” You screamed for the director in utter frustration, it had been the third take for this scene all because that dumb Shin Hoseok (aka Wonho- because he insisted on using a stage name) couldn’t keep his laughter to himself and there goes another one of your reasons to hate him. “Can you please tell me again why I’m paired up with him?!” Pointing at the tall guy a few steps away from you with the rolled up script in hand, he made a face and stuck his tongue out.


“You two are the best actors in the whole school. You both worked out well individually so the team thought that you two would be able to work out your differences like professionals… besides you guys look good together.” The director of the play stated in her soft tone, although she was supposedly the one to be afraid of but everyone in school was too afraid of you temper. “Plus he has quite the number of girls who like him and you have quite a number of followers in and out of school too” She added in a matter of fact tone as if implying that even if they wanted to change either or both of you, it surely wasn’t happening.


Only a groan of frustration was your reply as you walked down from the stage and away from the laughing jerk. Back then the only reason you didn’t quite like him is because you both competed for a number of plays, although you and him had different genders, it was known to everyone how you would battle out to be main lead and neither of you would choose just any play. It had to be one of the best. Always.


The second time your dislike grew was because during middle school, aside from being stars now you both battle it out for who’d be able to get into the top 5 of the whole school. You and Wonho were always head to head in nearly just about everything. But the thing is, you started hating him during junior high, he wasn’t always that sassy and arrogant but during those years he often bugged you and made sure to wreck your day making things interesting for the other students due to snappy comebacks given by the two sides. You nearly wanted to leave the theater club because of his snarky personality. You didn’t get it at all why the sudden jerk attitude towards you. For years you two have barely considered each other’s existence and then one day he acknowledges you in his own way ofcourse and you wished he just didn’t instead.


It was already bad that you were both in the theater club, worse that this senior year you had all the same classes he did and even worst? His house is in the same apartment building and exactly the same floor. Meaning, if back then both of you ignored each other specially in the mornings, now it just seems like hell at the start of your day.


“Come on, he’s not that bad” Jina, one of your co-members in the theater club and another of the cast sat beside you at the very end and top of the auditorium’s audience seat. Your eyes were trailing everywhere he was going, you were practically glaring at him. How dare he still have a smile on his face when he was ruining just about every scene you two have. “…. Wonho probably likes you” was all that your ears caught. Your glare turned from the boy to your friend who was seating right beside you.


The way you stared at her was as if she had just stated something so crazy, something too impossible, as if she was walking over water like Jesus did.  “As if” You huffed unsure how to reply. You were tired from bickering with the said male and you didn’t want to pick a fight or bicker further with anyone, specially not a good friend of yours. “Why would you--- you know what, nevermind” you groaned out of frustration. It wasn’t exactly the first time someone had said this but it was the first time that someone had mentioned this and was completely serious about it.

Practices often continued on until late at night. Everyone had been tired, specially you who couldn't handle anymore of Wonho's antics and teasings. God were you about to break down and cry right then and there. You could feel a few others getting ticked off with how you two got along, making things even harder for everyone else. You felt embarrassed. You've been trying to do your best and yet there he is, always trying to mess things up well atleast you've gotten up until nearly half.

But it's not just the people around that you've been worried about, it was the kiss scene. You didn't mind it when you first read the script but it had been bothering you for days eversince you found out your partner would be that only guy who's existence you'd rather deny and ignore.

You could hear Jina calling out your name as the final scene for today was being rehearsed. Too tired to even respond, you simply stood up and grabbed your bag. "Wonho says he's walking you home" those were the first words she had uttered and surprisingly also the last as she dashed away. You had enough of that Hoseok's face for today, you wanted to walk home with Jina just so you can start groaning and complaining that after this production you'd rather not see that damn guy's face in ten yours, forever even if you were lucky.

You expected silence and that was the complete opposite of what he was giving, you'd never admit it but you liked his singing voice. You liked his voice in general but today was just too much of him around already and all you wanted was to sit your down somewhere away from him while eating ramen. Feeling someone pull you by your backpack, you glared at Wonho as he only smiled back. "You're not listening" He said as you kept your gaze hard. "Come on, I said I wanted ramen" Surprisingly he'd been nothing but nice on your walk home, he even offered to carry your bag which made you complete skeptical and yet had your heart feeling as if it skipped a beat.

"I'm paying for mine. I told you I can afford it" the two of you had been arguing over who pays for yours until you finally gave up as he had shoved the money into the flushed female cashier's hand. Ofcourse, there isn't a place where he couldn't charm a single female specie. Heaving a small thanks you had expected him to tease you about it but instead he smiled muttering 'youre welcome' as he carries both of your cups outside to eat. This was a side to Wonho you've never seen before at all... to you atleast.

"Why don't you ever call me Wonho. You're the only one in school who still calls me Hoseok" He suddenly said after swallowing his first bite from the cup while you had still been blowing off yours. Everything about him just seemed weird right now.

"are you sick because I'm not gonna take care of you" You snapped back although your tone had no hint of irritation. The way you replied was natural for you, you never really liked him but the past hour had been making those years of dislike waver instantly. Oh hell no... A frown on your face at the sudden thought that crossed your mind. "If you're playing with me you can go leave or just stop. I don't like games and my feelings being treated like a toy" Oh god that sounded wrong. The frown on your face almost turning into a look of horror. You didn't want him to misunderstand and possibly get the whole school thinking your liked him.

"Do I really seem like a bad guy to you? I know I haven't been treating you well the past--" He hasn' even finished his explanation as you cut him off, pushing aside the barely touched cup of ramen as you looked at him with a serious expression.

"cut to the chase"

"Truce" Wonho answered with a gentle smile. You didn't trust him, you didn't say anything till he explained further that he just wanted this play to workout. He was more worried because he was afraid that he'd piss off the crew for acting unprofessionally. Finally agreeing to stop bickering for the sake of the theater club, the two of you started talking a little more casually. Finding out a few things you had in common and differences that either made the other laugh or just remind you that he was still human after all.

You weren't going to admit it, but the past hour and a half you spent with Wonho after your truce was fun.

For the first time in all those years, you were glad that he was your neighbor.

"so see you tomorrow?" He let out another one fo those smiles that got girls swooning and now you understood why. He's beautiful. It was no longer a thought but you had considered it a fact. after bidding your own good night, you were surprised that he was still standing there. Gazing down at you. And before you could ask him, he leaned in capturing your lips, placing a light kiss. Your cheeks flushed an obvious shade of red despite your slightly tanned skin. "I always wondered how they felt like" You heard him mumble but you were too frozen and the surprising thing is, you weren't mad. Not even when he leaned in the second time to kiss you again but a little longer. It''s not like he was your first but damn did his lips feel all too good against yours.

"Night" He bidded with a shy smile of his own. Things turned out a little too unexpected and you were looking forward for tomorrow.

 

fyi.
his face makes me mad af. skafhskdgjsh
"he's like summer, he just gets hotter and hotter" how dare you shin hoseok. how dare you
cause it's so true. I'm mad all over again.