C H A P T E R 8

Dating 101 [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nibbling on his bottom lip, Jongdae stared absently at the wide variety of bagged snacks that displayed themselves in the vending machine before him. His finger hovered over the buttons, unsure of which ones to press for a snack code. His mind was everywhere but on picking a snack at the moment.

Jongdae was in trouble. Deep trouble. He figured this much out on the lovely morning of Monday, the day after his brainless friends' act they had played out for Aria's entertainment. Why was Jongdae in trouble? A simple answer could be said for the simple question. But in the poor man's case, it wasn't as simple as he'd like it to be.

Jongdae had a problem.

Jongdae had a problem and her name was Yoon Aira.

To put it in short, he liked Yoon Aira, the girl he is—and will continue to despite his newly found feelings—aiding in order to get Luhan's attention for her. Jongdae figured this was going to be yet another unrequited love on his side.

Settling on a bag of chips, he roughly pressed the requested numbers and waited for his potato chips in mild impatience. Although his stomach was solely waiting for sweet and sour chips, Jongdae’s mind was somewhere else, completely distracted.

Why was fate so cruel to him? It seemed as though every time Jongdae found a girl to give his feelings to, they were either already taken or completely disinterested in him—especially back in his high school years where he used to wear these dorky-looking glasses and had an ugly haircut that still makes him shudder to this day whenever he looked back at his yearbook. This was beginning to become a norm for him.

Jongdae had been so distracted with his internal thoughts and opening his plastic bag of chips that he didn’t even hear his phone’s text tone playing. It was only after it played again in reminding that he took notice.

From: ew bacon

Where are you?? >:c

To: ew bacon

why

From: ew bacon

Why?* Learn to use capital letters and question marks you uneducated child.
Because we were supposed to meet up in the library to study ten minutes ago but you’re not here, .

Jongdae had completely forgotten about their studying session, and he felt slightly guilty over having it slip his mind. After throwing another chip into his mouth, Jongdae tapped back a reply.

To: ew bacon

srry on my way

From: ew bacon

LEARN HOW TO TYPE LIKE THE GROWN MAN THAT YOU ARE.
But you better be. The librarian is giving me his usual death glare ㅠㅠ

 

❀❀❀


 

“How generous of you to finally make an appearance,” was the first thing Baekhyun greeted Jongdae with when he found the diva brunette seated close to the tall stained windows. “Do you know how many times I had to get up from this table just to escape Old Man Jun’s glaring?”

Jongdae only shook his head and took the seat in from his dorm mate, letting his backpack drop to the floor next to his feet. As Jongdae ped his bag to grab his Algebra textbook, Baekhyun spoke once more.

“So,” he said.

“So?” Jongdae repeated, eyebrow arched in question.

“How have things been with you and Aira?” Baekhyun interrogated, leaning over the wooden table to the point where he was almost laying on it. “Anything new happen?”

“Um, no,” Jongdae promptly replied while shoving his friend’s face away from him. “Nothing’s going to happen anyway,” he lied, “I don’t see her any more than a friend.”

“Mhm, sure.” His friend rolled his eyes then directed his gaze over Jongdae’s left shoulder. “Oh, hey, Luhan’s here. You should go chat him up for Aira.”

Swiveling in his seat, Jongdae found Luhan sitting at the table behind him. He was currently preoccupied with sitting down and trying not to tangle his headphones around his arm in the process. Jongdae’s stomach sunk in an uncomfortable way.

“Eh, I don’t know,” he began, “I don’t think Aira would want me to talk to him about her without her knowing.”

“Oh, come on, you’re basically doing her a favor if you do.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes once more and wondered how many more times he’d be doing so in the time he’s with his helpless roommate. “Just ask him about how the party was and subtly, very subtly, ask him about Aira and what he thinks about her.”

“I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to be reminded about how he had to walk shoeless home because a girl who drank a little too much threw up all over his shoes.” Jongdae immediately shot down the brune

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter